Stadium Press Conference Library Park

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Wish I could be there to hear how this is a great day for the town of Harrison.

Don't want it and still don't want it. I have written hundreds of letter opposing to NJSEA and state officials. They listened and aren't paying. However, the town still is. I still ask state officials how you can let this town spend money on this project, meanwhile they can't pay for their own schools. NJ taxpayers should not accept this from an Abbott district.

By the way, the group mainly paying for this, will run out of funds as the project sees spending overruns. Is the group paying for infrastructure changes required? My thoughts, by 2010, we will be seeing an emtpy, unfinished stadium instead of an abandoned warehouse. Might look a little better. I guess that's redevelopment and progress.

My thanks to Cody, who tried to stop as well, but in the end when it's private funds, it's out of his hands.

Wish I could be there to protest, but unfortunately I can't. Hope others can. Can someone take a picture so I know who not to vote for in the future. I didn't think the quality of life can get lower in this town, but it will.

Guest Guest_Observer_*

Harrison will have to take out bonds for 38 million to finance buying of the land and remediation. The taxpayers will get stuck with paying off the bonds. Right now, there are roads leading to this development that are already overwhelmed by traffic. How will people get to the stadium? Mass transit or foot will be the only way. Peter says that he is negotiating for the Town to receive 1 million in lieu of taxes payment. Thats a paltry sum for a 160 milliuon dollar development. Harrison has been sold out again. Meanwhile those in charge will be lining their pockets and then leave for their shore homes when the s--t hits the fan. :rolleyes:

Guest Town Resident
Harrison will have to take out bonds for 38 million to finance buying of the land and remediation. The taxpayers will get stuck with paying off the bonds. Right now, there are roads leading to this development that are already overwhelmed by traffic. How will people get to the stadium? Mass transit or foot will be the only way. Peter says that he is negotiating for the Town to receive 1 million in lieu of taxes payment. Thats a paltry sum for a 160 milliuon dollar development. Harrison has been sold out again. Meanwhile those in charge will be lining their pockets and then leave for their shore homes when the s--t hits the fan.  B)

If this stadium plan goes through, it's going to be a disaster for Harrison. Have the town residents ever been asked what they thought about this project ?? Have there been public hearings held to allow residents to voice their opinions on this project ?? Only in Harrison would a project of this size and magnatude be undertaken without the input of the residents. Doesn't it show that the mayor and council really have no respect for the residents ?? Have the mayor and council ever heard the term " government by the people" ?? If the residents of Harrison allow this project to go forward without organizing a protest, then they have no one to blame but themselves.

Guest 2smart4u
If this stadium plan goes through, it's going to be a disaster for Harrison.  Have the town residents ever been asked what they thought about this project ?? Have there been public hearings held to allow residents to voice their opinions on this project ?? Only in Harrison would a project of this size and magnatude be undertaken without the input of the residents.  Doesn't it show that the mayor and council really have no respect for the residents ??  Have the mayor and council ever heard the term " government by the people" ??  If the residents of Harrison allow this project to go forward without organizing a protest, then they have no one to blame but themselves.

The mayor was quoted in the paper as saying "the stadium will make Harrison into a place for people to go instead of just a place for people to live". JUST WHAT WE FREAKIN' NEED, MORE PEOPLE, MORE PARKING PROBLEMS, MORE TRAFFIC. Is there anyone in this town (besides the mayor and council) that thinks this f-in stadium is going to be a good thing ?? Consider this; If almost everyone in this town thinks this stadium is going to be a huge blunder (and everyone I've talked to believes it will be), then how in the world did we allow this project to get shoved down our throats. This handfull of people have decided what's good for us without ever having asked us. I read in a post the other day, the phrase "government by the people". Well folks, it doesn't appear that the constitution applies in Harrison. Has there been any public hearings on this redevelopment, to see what WE would like to see built ?? If there were, I must have been out of town. Was a Professional Planner brought on board to guide the planning phase on a proper mix of residential units, light industry and passive recreation areas ?? I don't think so. Is there anyone in this handful of people with a background and training in municipal redevelopment planning ?? I don't think so. Do these people think that by virtue of being elected to a political position that they suddenly are imbued with all the knowledge and expertise necessary to make this redevelopment the best it can be. Well folks, time will tell. And if I were to bet on it, I'd have to bet that these individuals will be known for creating a nightmare in our school system by cramming way too many housing units in this one-square mile town and by ignoring our youth by not creating recreation areas .

Guest Guest

I happened to watch the press conference on channel 35. Things I heard...

This is good for Ironbound, good for Kearny......What about Harrison?

Constant reminders from Codey how the state paid no money...... makes him look great, however the bill was sent to the municipal level. Harrison has to float bonds. Nobody wants muni bonds anymore.

The venue wil be used for international games, concerts and more concerts..... international soccer may be great, but the crowds are unruly, and who needs the noise from these concerts. I can already hear any event from library park and I'm getting tired of these.

As stated, I couldn't attend the conference, questions were not allowed from the public. I am in the early stages of organizing an effort to protest this to the mayor and council. I need to assured I will get support. If I can't be guaranteed a very strong turnout, this will be useless.

Guest Guest_justme_*

Constant reminders from Codey how the state paid no money...... makes him look great, however the bill was sent to the municipal level. Harrison has to float bonds. Nobody wants muni bonds anymore.

The venue wil be used for international games, concerts and more concerts..... international soccer may be great, but the crowds are unruly, and who needs the noise from these concerts. I can already hear any event from library park and I'm getting tired of these.

As stated, I couldn't attend the conference, questions were not allowed from the public. I am in the early stages of organizing an effort to protest this to the mayor and council. I need to assured I will get support. If I can't be guaranteed a very strong turnout, this will be useless.

This protest--you may get support if we know who you are, we should know

this in order to be assured that you are capable of fulfulling what you are

setting out to do. For all we know you may be some peabrain who can't

accomplish any thing. Do we get the info or not?

Guest Mr. Harrison

Harrison is going into debt to the tune of 38 MILLION for this project ?? Does everyone know that bonding 38 million is the equivilent of putting it on a credit card ?? Think about this; with all this new housing being built, there's going to be a huge influx of additional students into our already over-crowded schools. Sometime in the near future, Harrison is going to need to build new schools or greatly expand our existing schools. With the state's financial condition, I don't think we can count on them baling us out again. That means MORE BONDED DEBT. I don't know what the town's bonding limit is ( the amount the state will allow any municipality to borrow) but this 38 million will certainly put us a lot closer to it. We may be digging a very deep hole with this bonding plan that the taxpayers will be forced to dig out of. I'm afraid there's some very dark clouds on the horizon for the residents of Harrison.

Guest Guest

A protest would be great!!! I'm all for it. If I can wear a mask that is. You know the wrath of this Mayor & Peter.

The mayor was quoted in the paper as saying "the stadium will make Harrison into a place for people to go instead of just a place for people to live". JUST WHAT WE FREAKIN' NEED, MORE PEOPLE, MORE PARKING PROBLEMS, MORE TRAFFIC. Is there anyone in this town (besides the mayor and council) that thinks this f-in stadium is going to be a good thing ?? Consider this.....
You voted him in, the answer is to get him voted out. The whole slate of puppets too. No one has done a thing for this town in years. The last good thing was the lamp post on Harrison ave. (DONE BY MILLAN; i WONDER HIS OPPINION ON THIS?)

You will not get support so let it go.

This protest--you may get support if we know who you are, we should know

this in order to be assured that you are capable of fulfulling what you are

setting out to do. For all we know you may be some peabrain who can't

accomplish any thing. Do we get the info or not?

That's the point. I am not going into this without at least x number of people I have in mind. I have accomplished many things, but this "public arena" stuff is new to me. I have requested help of some orgs that specialize in these kinds of things to help me get started. You just don't show up.

There has to be an agenda, it has to be professional and orderly. It needs to get attention (media, newspaper, etc....).

I may not be capable, but also not a peabrain. I also, don't expect to do it alone. There appears to be a great deal of dissatisfaction with these plans. Someone has to start it.

Archived