Improvement on sidewalks

Guest The Young Punk

Guest The Young Punk

Hey the town of Kearny has really gone to hell in a hand basket. The town is spending money on making an Applebees, but can not fix its own streets. Todays date is 8/2/05 and the town is almost done on improving the side walk on Kearny Ave between Midland to the street Mace Bros is on. You will notice I said improving not fixing because there was never anything wrong with these sidewalks. I understand that Kearny Ave. is the towns busiest street and its a good idea to keep it looking nice. But what I dont understand is that if you were to go about three blocks downfrom Mace Bros. The sidewalk there is worse than Kearny Ave's sidewalks could ever look like and if you happen to ride your bike on that sidewalk you better hold on tight and hope that your tires dont pop from the edges of sidewalk sticking out at you and that your bike can make it over the sidewalk. This is unexceptable. Another thing on North Midland Ave. They have finally repaired the street. It took them more than 4 years to get started on this project. They did it once and did half a job. So after waiting longer they finally fixed it. But this is of course after the thousands of complaints that they recieved. But the problem is that they only fixed the messed up part. So now you have pavement that is worn and will be in need of replacement soon and this could have been fixed when they tried to fix it the first time. How much extra did the town have to pay for having to redo the job they should have done right in the first place? And how much more will they have to pay in the future when its time to replace the other half leading to Belgrove Dr?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey the town of Kearny has really gone to hell in a hand basket. The town is spending money on making an Applebees, but can not fix its own streets. Todays date is 8/2/05 and the town is almost done on improving the side walk on Kearny Ave between Midland to the street Mace Bros is on. You will notice I said improving not fixing because there was never anything wrong with these sidewalks. I understand that Kearny Ave. is the towns busiest street and its a good idea to keep it looking nice. But what I dont understand is that if you were to go about three blocks downfrom Mace Bros. The sidewalk there is worse than Kearny Ave's sidewalks could ever look like and if you happen to ride your bike on that sidewalk you better hold on tight and hope that your tires dont pop from the edges of sidewalk sticking out at you and that your bike can make it over the sidewalk. This is unexceptable. Another thing on North Midland Ave. They have finally repaired the street. It took them more than 4 years to get started on this project. They did it once and did half a job. So after waiting longer they finally fixed it. But this is of course after the thousands of complaints that they recieved. But the problem is that they only fixed the messed up part. So now you have pavement that is worn and will be in need of replacement soon and this could have been fixed when they tried to fix it the first time. How much extra did the town have to pay for having to redo the job they should have done right in the first place? And how much more will they have to pay in the future when its time to replace the other half leading to Belgrove Dr?

Well bud, look. It's clearly going to take time, but atleast they're donig it at all, right? and i think applebee's pays to put up an applebee's. right? maybe i'm wrong. whatever though.

Archived