Drivers

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

To The Genius Driver:

Corner of Davis Ave and Harrison Ave July 30th @ 2:15PM.

Unfortunately for me, I was behind you (2000 Two-Tone Durango?) at this intersection on this pleasant afternoon. I gave you a minute to read the sign but apparently you either do not know how to read or do not understand road signs. When it says NO TURN ON RED and then right next to it there is a sign that says SCHOOL HOURS 8-9, 11-1, 3-4 you CAN TURN ON RED because a.) there aren't school hours during the summertime which should be obvious since a crossing guard was nowhere to be seen and b.) even if you did think school was in session, the fact that it was 2:15PM allows you to disregard the TURN ON RED during SCHOOL HOURS sign, after yielding, ofcourse. So, your frantic hand waving and gesturing towards the sign did nothing but make me chuckle and hope that I could see your facial expression when you realize (or not) that you were wrong. It was entertaining to see your companion get in on the gesturing as well. It just proves that any buffoon can get a driver's license and age doesn't make you much wiser. In conclusion, I doubt you will read this since it takes a skill which you lack, but I thought I'd vent and talk about a pet peeve that I'm sure others share.

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

Guest Guest

Hey Genius

Just because the sign says no turn on red, and has a sign that specifies the school hours dosnt mean that you have to turn. It is the drivers decision to turn or not. It is not however up to the impatient driver behind that car to decide. So to quote your own words you did prove " That any buffoon can get a drivers license."

Guest Guest
To The Genius Driver:

Unfortunately for me, I was behind you (2000 Two-Tone Durango?) at this intersection on this pleasant afternoon. I gave you a minute to read the sign but apparently you either do not know how to read or do not understand road signs. When it says NO TURN ON RED and then right next to it there is a sign that says SCHOOL HOURS 8-9, 11-1, 3-4 you CAN TURN ON RED because a.) there aren't school hours during the summertime which should be obvious since a crossing guard was nowhere to be seen and b.) even if you did think school was in session, the fact that it was 2:15PM allows you to disregard the TURN ON RED during SCHOOL HOURS sign, after yielding, ofcourse. So, your frantic hand waving and gesturing towards the sign did nothing but make me chuckle and hope that I could see your facial expression when you realize (or not) that you were wrong. It was entertaining to see your companion get in on the gesturing as well. It just proves that any buffoon can get a driver's license and age doesn't make you much wiser. In conclusion, I doubt you will read this since it takes a skill which you lack, but I thought I'd vent and talk about a pet peeve that I'm sure others share.

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

What about if summer school was in session for the dumb kids.Then the sign applies.

Guest Guest
To The Genius Driver:

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

How about all the people that make that illegal left on Harrison Ave & 6th st . in the morning rush hour ? maybe we could get a cop or one of the new specials out there to write some tickets , lets do something before the kids get back in school and one of these idiots hits or kills one of them making that ILLEGAL LEFT

Guest Smoke & Mirrors
To The Genius Driver:

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

Unfortunately, this is what you get when they offer the written part of the drivers exam in 14 other languages! You don't have to read nor understand English to get a licence.

Guest Guest
To The Genius Driver:

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

NO TURN ON RED is drivers choice. NOT mandatory. And your story was very hard to follow.

Guest guest
To The Genius Driver:

F.Y.I.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO TURN ON RED IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!!!! JUST BECAUSE SOME IDIOT IS IN A HURRY STILL DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO TURN ON RED...JUST WAIT THE COUPLE OF SECONDS! IT WON'T KILL YOU!

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

Guest Guest

You are a loser for even thinking about that for as long as you did and for posting it on this site. You people in Harrison spend way to much time worrying about others and trying to be apart of other people's lives. Move on and stop waisting your precious time on earth writing about each other. All of you are being laughed at and made fun of for the way you people act and what you say.

Guest Guest

Right turn on red is an OPTION, not a requirement. Slow down and enjoy all that Harrison has to offer while waiting the extra minute or 2 for the light to change.

Guest Guest
Right turn on red is an OPTION, not a requirement.  Slow down and enjoy all that Harrison has to offer while waiting the extra minute or 2 for the light to change.

The purposes of the "Right on Red" law was to expedite traffic, thereby saving gasoline and reducing pollution. It's a concern for our health and environment. The law also says you must stop and yield to pedestrians before turning.

It is clear from the traffic patterns in Harrison that our town leaders are neither concerned with our health or the environment. The traffic has become so bad they have decided to ignore the problem rather than to manage it.

Of course they always fall back on the "safety of our children" as the reason. Perhaps they should focus more on teaching children when and where to cross the street. One only need to stand in front of the high school at dismissal time to see my point.

Guest Guest

I am talking to the person the started this post and all that respond to every issue on here. If took the effort that you put into writing about everything or everyone and actually put it towards real life, maybe you would make something of yourself.

Guest Guest
I am talking to the person the started this post and all that respond to every issue on here.  If took the effort that you put into writing about everything or everyone and actually put it towards real life, maybe you would make something of yourself.

How true, I have said it many times in the past. I have posted replies to alot of the Topics here, you are 100% right on this. The Website really needs to go because it is so OUT of Control the way People put one another down on here.it is really a DISGRACE to the whole town and Surrounding towns as to what is posted here. Something really needs to be done about it ALREADY!!! To the WebMaster of this site you should really put an END TO IT!!!!

Guest Guest
How true, I have said it many times in the past. I have posted replies to alot of the Topics here, you are 100% right on this. The Website really needs to go because it is so OUT of Control the way People put one another down on here.it is really a DISGRACE to the whole town and Surrounding towns as to what is posted here. Something really needs to be done about it ALREADY!!! To the WebMaster of this site you should really put an END TO IT!!!!

GET A LIFE < ITS ONLY A RING EVERYONE CAN GET INYO TO VENT< LIKE CALLING YOU A BIG DRAG AND A$$hole .. NO HARM AND THAT FELT GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest
To The Genius Driver:

Sincerely,

a fellow driver

Maybe there was someone crossing the street?

You know what I love is there will be someone crossing on their light and and you are waiting to make the right on red and the jerk behind you blows the horn!!!! They always seem to forget that the pedestrian has the right away.

Something else you should know is when you make the right on red, usually the next light you come to will be red so here is a news flash for you, you are not getting anywhere faster and if you are in such a rush leave a few minutes earlier and maybe there will be less accidents and children struck by people like you.

Sincerely,

An every day safe driver!

Guest guest

Simple answer!! Don't visit this site if you are so offended.

Guest Guest

If people had to post their name when they say something, this site would not be up and running, if you have issues with others take it up with that person, not on a computer. be a man or woman and speak your mind to that person.

Guest Guest
If people had to post their name when they say something, this site would not be up and running, if you have issues with others take it up with that person, not on a computer.  be a man or woman and speak your mind to that person.

No. I will be a mouse and run all over this website with my tail between my legs. This way is more fun to write things.

Guest guest
How about all the people that make that illegal left on Harrison Ave & 6th st . in the morning rush hour ? maybe we could get a cop or one of the new specials out there to write some tickets , lets do something before the kids get back in school and one of these idiots hits or kills one of them making that ILLEGAL LEFT

i've got even a 'better' occurrence. A couple of times, I was standing on the corner, waiting for the light to change and I saw a car come down one side of the lane opposite the divider, and make a U turn and go up the other siide of Davis Av. Since my vision is very poor, (I'd be driving, not walking) I couldn't see his license plate to even consider calling it into the police station. But, oh, How I had wished that a cop was in sight to have witnissed it!

Guest Annie Taylor
If people had to post their name when they say something, this site would not be up and running, if you have issues with others take it up with that person, not on a computer.  be a man or woman and speak your mind to that person.

Your statement is 100% correct, but don't you get a kick out of some of the comments written on this site? At times I feel sorry for the writer and other times I laugh out loud. It's free entertainment!

P.S. My name is Annie Taylor

Guest Lenny Hicks
Your statement is 100% correct, but don't you get a kick out of some of the comments written on this site?  At times I feel sorry for the writer and other times I laugh out loud.  It's free entertainment!

P.S.  My name is Annie Taylor

Hi Annie ! Welcome to our little corner of Heaven. Or is that Hell?

Either way, Welcome!!!!