library park party

Guest harrison resident

Guest harrison resident

IS IT TRUE THAT A PRIVATE ORGANIZATION IN HARRISON HAS PERMISSION FOR USE OF THE LIBRARY PARK ON SATURDAY JULY 23rd FOR A PARTY I THOUGHT THAT WAS SACRED GROUND.

Guest Guest
IS IT TRUE THAT A PRIVATE ORGANIZATION IN HARRISON HAS PERMISSION FOR USE OF THE LIBRARY PARK ON SATURDAY JULY 23rd FOR A PARTY  I THOUGHT THAT WAS SACRED GROUND.

It's actually a gathering for Peruvians. Which is really sad, because I always thought there were more than just people from Peru in Harrison, but I guess not. I'm not being prejudice, so don't even start that, I just think that singling out just one part of the town is wrong.

Guest Guest
It's actually a gathering for Peruvians.  Which is really sad, because I always thought there were more than just people from Peru in Harrison, but I guess not.  I'm not being prejudice, so don't even start that, I just think that singling out just one part of the town is wrong.

"OUTSIDERS" should show and see what happens. after all it is a

public park.

Guest Guest
It's actually a gathering for Peruvians.  Which is really sad, because I always thought there were more than just people from Peru in Harrison, but I guess not.  I'm not being prejudice, so don't even start that, I just think that singling out just one part of the town is wrong.

I guess that I should put my vacation day in then, I am scheduled to work. I do not want to be dealing with all these drunk immigrants who can not even speak a lick of english. I agree with you that we are the minority in this town and country. Wake up white people.

Guest 2smart4u

"Singling out just one part of town" ?? What the hell are you talking about ?? You need to lay off the kool-aid.

Guest Guest
"Singling out just one part of town" ??  What the hell are you talking about ?? You need to lay off the kool-aid.

What's wrong you don't understand? Having a gathering for only one nationality in a town full of ethnicity is singling out.

Guest 2smart4u
What's wrong you don't understand?  Having a gathering for only one nationality in a town full of ethnicity is singling out.

Why do I bother trying to explain to a moron ?? But I'll try; The town didn't sponsor this event. It was simply a group of people of a certain ethnicity getting a permit to have a gathering in a public park. Get it ??

Guest harrison resident

does this mean any private club or organization ethnic backround aside can request use of the library park for a party

Guest Guest
Why do I bother trying to explain to a moron ??  But I'll try;  The town didn't sponsor this event.  It was simply a group of people of a certain ethnicity getting a permit to have a gathering in a public park. Get it ??

I'm not sure you know how to read because nowhere in my post did it say anything about the town sponsoring this event. And yes I do get it...a bunch of Peruvians who live in America want to get together and celebrate Peru. I'm all for immigration and people coming to America for a better life, but if that is the case then why must we constantly be reminded of the country you came from? Who cares? You're here now, embrace this country for a change.

Guest 2smart4u
I'm not sure you know how to read because nowhere in my post did it say anything about the town sponsoring this event.  And yes I do get it...a bunch of Peruvians who live in America want to get together and celebrate Peru.  I'm all for immigration and people coming to America for a better life, but if that is the case then why must we constantly be reminded of the country you came from?  Who cares?  You're here now, embrace this country for a change.

You really are stupid. NO ONE CARES if you're "constantly reminded of the country you came from". Peruvians, Irish, Chinese, whomever, can get a permit to have a gathering in the park. And they're under no obligation to invite you or anyone else of a different ethnicity. Try it, if you think real hard, maybe you can get it !!

Guest Guest
You really are stupid.  NO ONE CARES if you're "constantly reminded of the country you came from". Peruvians, Irish, Chinese, whomever, can get a permit to have a gathering in the park. And they're under no obligation to invite you or anyone else of a different ethnicity. Try it, if you think real hard, maybe you can get it  !!

You are apparently a very angry person. Let's end this right now and agree to disagree.

Guest 2smart4u
You are apparently a very angry person.  Let's end this right now and agree to disagree.

Whenever someone is proved wrong. they usually come back with " you are a very angry person and I don't want to discuss this any more". Before you go posting some ignorant statement on the web, you should be prepared to be criticized for it. And that "singling out" statement was IGNORANT !!

Guest seashell

all I can see in all of this is that we have to be realistic, the town of Harrison is no longer an Irish Town, for the ones that can not accept that, OH boy you have a problem, you have to look at the fact that we the tax payers have to pay for a parade on St. Patrick's Day, Columbus's Day, etc. So let the others have their day too.

Guest Guest
Whenever someone is proved wrong. they usually come back with " you are a very angry person and I don't want to discuss this any more".  Before you go posting some ignorant statement on the web, you should be prepared to be criticized for it. And that "singling out" statement was IGNORANT !!

If you want to continue that's fine, but I have my opinions and you have yours. We can keep arguing the same points or you can get over yourself "2smart4u" and let it go. I disagree with the Peruvian party that was held, I think only American traditions should be carried out. What else do you want to hear? I've made my point and I'm done, that's it.

Guest 2smart4u
If you want to continue that's fine, but I have my opinions and you have yours.  We can keep arguing the same points or you can get over yourself "2smart4u" and let it go.  I disagree with the Peruvian party that was held, I think only American traditions should be carried out.  What else do you want to hear?  I've made my point and I'm done, that's it.

You think only "American Traditions" should be carried out ?? LOL !! What in the world are american traditions ?? We're a nation of imigrants, you moron. All of our parents or grandparents came here from Ireland, Poland, Italy, or wherever. So you think if a group of people with Italian heritage got a permit to hold a gathering in the park, that would be in keeping with your "American tradition" and would be OK ?? Quess what, the peruvians are americans too !!

Archived