Santos tell us!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Mayor Santos

Would you kindely indicate when and where you became an American Citizen.

A few years back you claimed you were a resident of the second ward

when you were not, So you could get a seat on the council.

Why not tell the truth. Do you have a Green Card?

Guest A. Realist
Mayor Santos

Wow, you must be really desperate! If you're running out of s**t to hurl at Santos, you can buy it in 50lb. bags at Charlie's Garden Supply.

Guest AlexanderHamilton

Why not go to the next Council meeting and ask him directly? It'll be on Tuesday, August 9 at 7 pm. Or why not go to town hall and ask him directly? He's there just about every day. Before you go, you should hone up on his bio. For your convenience, I've cut and pasted it from the town site.

Mayor Alberto G. Santos has been Mayor of Kearny since January 1, 2000. Previously he served as councilman of Kearny’s Second Ward for one year. The Mayor is a graduate of Georgetown University (Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service), B.S.F.S. 1987, and the New York University School of Law, J.D. 1990. He is admitted as an attorney in the States of New Jersey and New York and is currently pursuing an LL.M. in Tax Law at the New York University School of Law.

Mayor Santos was an associate in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton from 1990 to 1995, where he worked on securities, structured finance and commercial loan transactions. He has also worked as an attorney at the Newark office of Saiber Schlesinger Satz & Goldstein and at the Center for Constitutional Rights, a non-profit civil rights organization in New York.

Why not go to the next Council meeting and ask him directly?  It'll be on Tuesday, August 9 at 7 pm.  Or why not go to town hall and ask him directly?  He's there just about every day.  Before you go, you should hone up on his bio.  For your convenience, I've cut and pasted it from the town site.

*                      *                          *

Mayor Alberto G. Santos has been Mayor of Kearny since January 1, 2000.  Previously he served as councilman of Kearny’s Second Ward for one year.  The Mayor is a graduate of Georgetown University (Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service), B.S.F.S. 1987, and the New York University School of Law, J.D. 1990.  He is admitted as an attorney in the States of New Jersey and New York and is currently pursuing an LL.M. in Tax Law at the New York University School of Law. 

Mayor Santos was an associate in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton from 1990 to 1995, where he worked on securities, structured finance and commercial loan transactions.  He has also worked as an attorney at the Newark office of Saiber Schlesinger Satz & Goldstein and at the Center for Constitutional Rights, a non-profit civil rights organization in New York.

I thought he worked in Shop-Rite!

Guest Guest
Why not go to the next Council meeting and ask him directly?  It'll be on Tuesday, August 9 at 7 pm.  Or why not go to town hall and ask him directly?  He's there just about every day.  Before you go, you should hone up on his bio.  For your convenience, I've cut and pasted it from the town site.

*                      *                          *

Mayor Alberto G. Santos has been Mayor of Kearny since January 1, 2000.  Previously he served as councilman of Kearny’s Second Ward for one year.  The Mayor is a graduate of Georgetown University (Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service), B.S.F.S. 1987, and the New York University School of Law, J.D. 1990.  He is admitted as an attorney in the States of New Jersey and New York and is currently pursuing an LL.M. in Tax Law at the New York University School of Law. 

Mayor Santos was an associate in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton from 1990 to 1995, where he worked on securities, structured finance and commercial loan transactions.  He has also worked as an attorney at the Newark office of Saiber Schlesinger Satz & Goldstein and at the Center for Constitutional Rights, a non-profit civil rights organization in New York.

How does posting this bio answer the question?

Guest A. Realist
How does posting this bio answer the question?

'Cause a guy this smart wouldn't be stupid enough to try to pass himself off as a citizen if, in fact, he isn't. It's just too easy to refute.

Guest Catch 22
Mayor Santos

I am certain the mayor is a citizen. I am just as certain that he did not reside in the 2nd Ward when he ran for council there. He lived in the 3rd ward. He used his mother's address on his petitions, but he didn't live there at the time. It was dishonest.

Guest Student

Actually, it does.

Both Georgetown and NYU are $40,000+ a year universities. Unless Santos' parents were millionaires, the only way Santos was able to get 7 years of university education was through financial aid. Federal law requires that you be a US citizen or permanent resident, and that you be registered in the Selective Service in the event of a military draft. Otherwise, no financial aid.

I take it you're either not yet 18 or didn't go to university?

Guest Hugh Da'Silva
I am certain the mayor is a citizen.  I am just as certain that he did not reside in the 2nd Ward when he ran for council there. He lived in the 3rd ward.  He used his mother's address on his petitions, but he didn't live there at the time. It was dishonest.

Don't you mean unethical.

Guest Guest
Actually, it does.

Both Georgetown and NYU are $40,000+ a year universities.  Unless Santos' parents were millionaires, the only way Santos was able to get 7 years of university education was through financial aid.  Federal law requires that you be a US citizen or permanent resident, and that you be registered in the Selective Service in the event of a military draft.  Otherwise, no financial aid.

I take it you're either not yet 18 or didn't go to university?

Proves zero! Now back to school with you little one.

Guest Guest
'Cause a guy this smart wouldn't be stupid enough to try to pass himself off as a citizen if, in fact, he isn't. It's just too easy to refute.

Do you mean smart enough to right such a glowing opinion of himself?

Guest A. Realist
I am certain the mayor is a citizen.  I am just as certain that he did not reside in the 2nd Ward when he ran for council there. He lived in the 3rd ward.  He used his mother's address on his petitions, but he didn't live there at the time. It was dishonest.

After delving into my mental archives, I seem to recall that Santos had to prove in a Court of Law that he resided in the Second Ward at the time that his petition (for Councilman) was filed. the Court ruled that he was, indeed, a legitimate resident and eligible to run; he remained so for the duration of his term as Councilman.

What about it? Did Al "line the pockets" of the judge, too?

Guest Catch 22
After delving into my mental archives, I seem to recall that Santos had to prove in a Court of Law that he resided in the Second Ward at the time that his petition (for Councilman) was filed. the Court ruled that he was, indeed, a legitimate resident and eligible to run; he remained so for the duration of his term as Councilman.

What about it? Did Al "line the pockets" of the judge, too?

I will check my mental archives also. It may take some time but this info came from someone close. No, I do not believe Santos paid off the judge. If you think that, than you have never been in his company. The guy never opens his wallet.

Guest seashell

very desperate !!!!!!!

I can see an individual with a lot fustrations, what happen you run for office and lost, get a life please.

Guest Guest
Proves zero! Now back to school with you little one.

What are you up Santos Ass?

Many fine people went to NYU, There not rapeing Kearny like Santos.

Down the line Santos will be indicted and sent to prison for stealing

from the town.

Guest Guest
What are you up Santos Ass?

Many fine people went to NYU, There not rapeing Kearny like Santos.

Down the line Santos will be indicted and sent to prison for stealing

from the town.

Re-read the thread and learn to spell before you post you horse's ass!

Archived