BOE Meeting Tonight

Guest Concerned Parent

Guest Concerned Parent

To all parents/guardians of Kearny School Children:

There is a special meeting tonight to discuss the teacher cuts that are planned. Word has it that certain people from the Roosevelt School district and Dr. Kiss have been pushing to only cut teachers from Franklin, Garfield and Washington. The statement that has been made "The parents of the Roosevelt School children have paid a great deal of money for their homes and they deserve quality education for their children" Well I know I didn't buy my house with chickens.

These comments are unacceptable. Teacher cuts, if needed, should come only after careful review of each schools individual needs. Not who has more money. How about instead of cutting teachers, Dr. Kiss gets cut - her salary should cover quite a bit.

I am asking all concerned to attend tonights meeting to show that we all care about our children!

Guest Guest

There is a special meeting tonight to discuss the teacher cuts that are planned.  Word has it that certain people from the Roosevelt School district and Dr. Kiss have been pushing to only cut teachers from Franklin, Garfield and Washington.  The statement that has been made "The parents of the Roosevelt School children have paid a great deal of money for their homes and they deserve quality education for their children"  Well I know I didn't buy my house with chickens. 

These comments are unacceptable.  Teacher cuts, if needed, should come only after careful review of each schools individual needs.  Not who has more money.  How about instead of cutting teachers, Dr. Kiss gets cut - her salary should cover quite a bit.

I am asking all concerned to attend tonights meeting to show that we all care about our children!

Start dumping some of the lead at the top and you'll have plenty of money. And if the board was real smart they would make Ms.Kiss the Supt. Let me know if anybody showed up at the meeting.

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA

There is a special meeting tonight to discuss the teacher cuts that are planned.  Word has it that certain people from the Roosevelt School district and Dr. Kiss have been pushing to only cut teachers from Franklin, Garfield and Washington.  The statement that has been made "The parents of the Roosevelt School children have paid a great deal of money for their homes and they deserve quality education for their children"  Well I know I didn't buy my house with chickens. 

These comments are unacceptable.  Teacher cuts, if needed, should come only after careful review of each schools individual needs.  Not who has more money.  How about instead of cutting teachers, Dr. Kiss gets cut - her salary should cover quite a bit.

Let me tell you that I know first hand how the Kearny Board of Eduacation will shortchange Washington School. Keep in mine that I live in the Roosevelt School area but this BOE under the leadership of President Mary Torres will always favor the "richer" side of town to assure they continue to be elected. I spent nearly 20 years watching this injustice unable to speak out about it because both my wife's job and my job as Principal were on the line. Although my children are districted to attend Roosevelt I have always felt bad that Washington School is treated like the "STEPCHILD". That is the exact word used by the caring staff at Washington School."We are the step child of the district." The teacher all there feel this way but are scared to speak for fear of retaliation.Mangement By Intimidition is the Mary Torres Board of Education. 21 years is enough. Vote for Flipper the dolphin or any one else but DON"T VOTE FOR MARY TORRES IN APRIL 2006. IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Guest Guest

Hey Bert - you going to bash Mary Torres from now to April 2006? Are you really that desperate? Your statement that the BOE doesn't care as much for Washington School as Roosevelt School is so off the mark as to be ridiculous. Why don't you face the fact that you're out of there now. Except for a handful of loyal employees, I don't think you're all that missed. As for retaliation, I thought that was why a lot of the staff at Washington wouldn't speak out about you. Although it's true that every taxpayer has the right to an opinion and to speak that opinion, try making your opinion based on fact. We have enough "spin doctors" in the arena already.

Let me tell you that I know first hand how the Kearny Board of Eduacation will shortchange Washington School. Keep in mine that I live in the Roosevelt School area but this BOE under the leadership of President Mary Torres will always favor the "richer" side of town to assure they continue to be elected. I spent nearly 20 years watching this injustice unable to speak out about it because both my wife's job and my job as Principal were on the line. Although my children are districted to attend Roosevelt I have always felt bad that Washington School is treated like the "STEPCHILD". That is the exact word used by the caring staff at Washington School."We are the step child of the district." The teacher all there feel this way but are scared to speak for fear of retaliation.Mangement By Intimidition is the Mary Torres Board of Education. 21 years is enough. Vote for Flipper the dolphin or any one else but DON"T VOTE FOR MARY TORRES IN APRIL 2006. IT"S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Guest madagascar

Will The Observer newspaper be there to report on this, or will the local paper continue to resemble a caveman's writing tablet?

Guest Guest

Your statement that the BOE doesn't care as much for Washington School as Roosevelt School is so off the mark as to be ridiculous.

What a horses ass you are! I suggest you come into the world of reality.

Guest tgim

Your statement that the BOE doesn't care as much for Washington School as Roosevelt School is so off the mark as to be ridiculous.

[/quo

No lady it's you that should step into reality!

Guest Guest

I wouldn't say they don't care, but the socio-economic differences that separate Washington School and Roosevelt School districts have existed for years. Generally speaking in my opinion the people with higher incomes lived in Roosevelt district, mostly one family homes, tended to be more outspoken and organized, and voted in higher numbers. Remember, I say generally, Washington was larger, and housed a junior high. Roosevelt on the other hand, known as the academy, is much smaller. For years I have said the teachers in the district should be rotated for this very reason. So they can be exposed to the differences. The Bd. of Ed. members are well aware of these differences.

Guest The Exterminator

If the BOE didn't care about Washington school, why didn't they just leave you there?

Guest A. Realist

Gee, that makes sense! Sure, Mary Torres, whose kids are half Puerto Rican, who lives in the First Ward, and whose kids went to public schools would naturally be prejudiced and favor the "rich" kids.

Read that out loud ten times, and see how stupid it sounds!

Guest Guest
Gee, that makes sense! Sure, Mary Torres, whose kids are half Puerto Rican, who lives in the First Ward, and whose kids went to public schools would naturally be prejudiced and favor the "rich" kids.

to quote miss low-class Mary Toress, kiss my ass.

Guest Finally Some Intelligence

Mary Torres has spent the last 21 years as a Board Member and prior to that as a parent fighting for Washington School and "That end of Town". Believe me, I witnessed it first hand.

Guest Guest
Mary Torres has spent the last 21 years as a Board Member and prior to that as a parent fighting for Washington School and "That end of Town".  Believe me, I witnessed it first hand.

Well if that's true she's doing a bang up job!!!! :lol:

Guest Guest

It's called self-loathing. Now back to the puppet show, the kool-aid is being served.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I have a question. For years, Bert Diaz was the part time music teacher at Washington School and at the same time, the part time music teacher at Roosevelt School. Every year, Mr. Diaz put on a school play at Roosevelt but never at Washington. Could it be that Mr. Diaz was the one that had the two schools on two different playing fields?

Guest Guest
I have a question.  For years, Bert Diaz was the part time music teacher at Washington School and at the same time, the part time music teacher at Roosevelt School.  Every year, Mr. Diaz put on a school play at Roosevelt but never at Washington.    Could it be that Mr. Diaz was the one that had the two schools on two different playing fields?

Maybe you should ask the people who were the principals at the time. It was up to them, not Norberto.

Archived