high school graduation

Guest Guest_smokey_*

Guest Guest_smokey_*

My child graduated from the high school on wednesday. The whole program was good accept for the some of the children. When they went up to get their diplomas the gowns they were wearing were a disgrace. They did not bother to iron them and it was really ashame on such a special day. Where were their parents? They should have know. Also the vice principle had the nerve to say something in Spanish at the closing of her speach. What a disgrace, I do not speak Spanish and i have no idea what she said. Why did she not say something in Russian, Chinese, or Polish. I thought this was American?? What ever happened to English ?? I am so glad my child is out of the school system. :lol:

My child graduated from the high school on wednesday. The whole program was good accept for the some of the children. When they went up to get their diplomas the gowns they were wearing were a disgrace. They did not bother to iron them and it was really ashame on such a special day. Where were their parents? They should have know. Also the vice principle had the nerve to say something in Spanish at the closing of her speach. What a disgrace, I do not speak Spanish and i have no idea what she said. Why did she not say something in Russian, Chinese, or Polish. I thought this was American?? What ever happened to English ?? I am so glad my child is out of the school system. :lol:

She said "Best of luck, and God bless." Be grateful it wasn't a whole speech in spanish.

Guest harrison hankeyhead
My child graduated from the high school on wednesday. The whole program was good accept for the some of the children. When they went up to get their diplomas the gowns they were wearing were a disgrace. They did not bother to iron them and it was really ashame on such a special day. Where were their parents? They should have know. Also the vice principle had the nerve to say something in Spanish at the closing of her speach. What a disgrace, I do not speak Spanish and i have no idea what she said. Why did she not say something in Russian, Chinese, or Polish. I thought this was American?? What ever happened to English ?? I am so glad my child is out of the school system. ;)

RUSSIAN, CHINESE, POLISH, WHO GIVES A SHIT? YOUR ENGLISH s**ks BALLS ANYWAYS.

Guest Guest_smokey_*
RUSSIAN, CHINESE, POLISH, WHO GIVES A SHIT?  YOUR ENGLISH s**ks BALLS ANYWAYS.

I give a shit because this is America. English is the language of this country. She disrespected the United States and all the people who come from other countries.

Its not right and it should be stopped.

Guest guest

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE THEY ARE HERE IN AMERICA MAKE THEM SPEAK ENGLISH.TO HELL WITH THERE LANGUAGE WHEN WE GO TO THERE COUNTRY WE HAVE TO SPEAK THERE LANGUAGE IT IS AMERICA 1 LANGUAGE ENGLISH IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GO BACK ON THE NEXT BOAT THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THESE SCHOOLS EVERY LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH YOU AND ME BOTH CANNOT WAIT FOR MY CHILD TO GET OUT OF THE THIS ZOO OF SCHOOL SYSTEM.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE THEY ARE HERE IN AMERICA MAKE THEM SPEAK ENGLISH.TO HELL WITH THERE LANGUAGE WHEN WE GO TO THERE COUNTRY WE HAVE TO SPEAK THERE LANGUAGE IT IS AMERICA 1 LANGUAGE ENGLISH IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GO BACK ON THE NEXT BOAT THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THESE  SCHOOLS EVERY LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH YOU AND ME BOTH CANNOT WAIT FOR MY CHILD TO GET OUT OF THE THIS ZOO OF SCHOOL SYSTEM.

Was that English? Because it doesn't look like English to me. Before you go telling someone they should only speak English, you should learn how to type English. But...

MAYBE IF I STARTED TO TYPE LIKE THIS ON THIS BOARD IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE BECAUSE EVERYONE HERE LIKES TO NOT USE PROPER ENGLISH I DONT LIKE TO USE PUNCTUATION MARKS SO IM JUST GOING TO CONTINUE TYPING LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME LOOK IDIOTIC AND STUPID LOOK ANOTHER RUN ON SENTENCE THAT SHOULD HAVE HAD 2 PERIODS IN IT SO FAR I DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE CAN WRITE LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT SHOWS HOW INFERIOR (that means below normal) THERE ENGLISH SKILLS ARE YOU TYPE LIKE YOU JUST GOT OFF THE BOAT SO HOW CAN YOU DEGRADE (which means put down) SOMEONE FOR SAYING A FEW SPANISH WORDS AT THE END OF A SCHOLARSHIP PRESENTATION

Guest Guest

to whom it concerns, it isn't right that they speak something in their language. If she wished them well in english, someone should have translated. It's a disgrace that even students bring letters home in spanish. Are they going to learn that way. Also when they go to school and the teacher isn't speaking spanish, how does thiskid pass. They know what they want to know. This has got to stop with this no understand english. My kid is failing, but the kid that can't speak a word of english is passing go figure.

Guest harrisonhankyhead
Oh aren't You are real pleasant person ......IDIOT

The English was poor. I was calling him or her out on it. That's all. I never attacked someone's persona...but now I think you are a c**k.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest hudson county

the demographics in harrison over the last decade has been changing. it is primarily hispanic/spanish/portuguese. this will be the dominating factor in the coming years. expect harrison and kearny to mimic the other cities in hudson county (90% hispanic/spanish/port) in the coming years.

Guest had enough
to whom it concerns, it isn't right that they speak something in their language. If she wished them well in english, someone should have translated. It's a disgrace that even students bring letters home in spanish. Are they going to learn that way. Also when they go to school and the teacher isn't  speaking spanish, how does thiskid pass. They know what they want to know. This has got to stop with this no understand english. My kid is failing, but the kid that can't speak a word of english is passing go figure.

If you knew anything about Senora Rodriguez, you would know that before she became the Vice-Principal she was a Spanish teacher in Harrison High. She is also (if you were listening at the graduation) the chairperson of the World Languages department.

Guest Guest

If you knew anything about Senora Rodriguez, you would know that before she became the Vice-Principal she was a Spanish teacher in Harrison High. She is also (if you were listening at the graduation) the chairperson of the World Languages department.

Then why didn't she speak in other languages? There were students and parents at the graduation who speak other languages other than Spanish. This discrimination against other languages has to be stopped. This is the United States and the melting pot of the world but our countries language is English. What is good for one language is good for another. Spanish is not the only language spoken at the homes of these children.

Guest Guest
Then why didn't she speak in other languages? There were students and parents at the graduation who speak other languages other than Spanish. This discrimination against other languages has to be stopped. This is the United States and the melting pot of the world but our countries language is English. What is good for one language is good for another. Spanish is not the only  language spoken at the homes of these children.

who knows

Guest ChatoHater

Please everyone just shut up. I havn't seen anyone on this message board write proper English. It is true, all these immigrants feel that America has to acclimate their needs but it is our fault anyway so stop crying.

Guest Guest_Resident_*
She said "Best of luck, and God bless."  Be grateful it wasn't a whole speech in spanish.

"God Bless!!!" I thought we had to separate church and state. She should have been locked up just for that. I don't know if anyone has looked around Harrison lately, but there are a NUMBER of Chinese people here. Where's the shout-out to Buddha?

Guest Guest_Resident_*

When I complained about Spanish speaking co-workers, I was told that English is not the official language of the United States and it's against the law to force my co-workers to speak English. By the way, I work in an office AND they all grew up around this area.

Guest To all u prejudice Harrison tras

To whom it may concern,

English is not the official language of the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_states_of_america

Motto:

E Pluribus Unum (1789–present)

(Latin: "Out of Many, One")

In God We Trust (1956–present)

Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner

Capital Washington, D.C.

38°53′ N 77°02′ W

Largest city New York City

Official languages None at federal level;

English de facto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_in_...language_status

The Spanish language is the second-most common language in the country, spoken by about 28.1 million people (or 10.7% of the population) in 2000 The Legal ones at least. The United States holds the world's fifth largest Spanish-speaking population, outnumbered only by Mexico, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia. Although many Latin American immigrants are less than fluent in English, Hispanics who are second-generation Americans nearly all speak it, while only about 50 per cent speak Spanish.

[/color]

Guest Guest_Resident_*
To whom it may concern,

English is not the official language of the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_states_of_america

Motto:

E Pluribus Unum (1789–present)

(Latin: "Out of Many, One")

In God We Trust (1956–present)

Anthem: The Star-Spangled Banner

Capital Washington, D.C.

38°53′ N 77°02′ W

Largest city New York City

Official languages None at federal level;

English de facto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_in_...language_status

The Spanish language is the second-most common language in the country, spoken by about 28.1 million people (or 10.7% of the population) in 2000 The Legal ones at least. The United States holds the world's fifth largest Spanish-speaking population, outnumbered only by Mexico, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia. Although many Latin American immigrants are less than fluent in English, Hispanics who are second-generation Americans nearly all speak it, while only about 50 per cent speak Spanish.

[/color]

"Although many Latin American immigrants are less than fluent in English"

You said a mouthful there. I think it should be "not fluent" not "less than fluent".

Archived