Advice to New Chief

Guest Uncle Junior

Guest Uncle Junior

Let me offer my congratulations on your being named Chief. Now that you got the job, this is the way to avoid the pitfalls:

1. Do your self a favor and apply for Accreditation from the NJ Chief's Ass'n like your buddy in Lyndhurst.

2. Do not get involved in union politics. You now have your own contract as does the Deputy Chief.

3. Get a handle on the sick leave abuse and overtime payments.

4. Bring the Captains who were passed over on board. Seek their input.

5, Try to get the number 1 candidates on the Captain, Lt. and Sergeants test made ASAP. After all, they actually competed.

6. Stop letting the PBA President use the Detective Bureau offices as a hangout.

7. Ask advice from prior Chiefs. They know the pitfalls and could be helpful.

Good luck on your new position. B)

Guest Street Cop

# 8. Cancell all lunches with the catman.

9. Send Joey back for another year at the County.

10. When are we going to get those steady shifts that you promised?

B)

Guest 2smart4u

B)

I wonder why you have a need to post this BS on an internet chat page. It makes me think that either you don't have the courage to address your concerns face to face, or perhaps you just have some perverse idea about what is humorous. In any event, it's very unprofessional.

Guest Guest

:blink:

Send Joey back permanently

Guest Guest
Let me offer my congratulations on your being named Chief. Now that you got the job, this is the way to avoid the pitfalls:

1. Do your self a favor and apply for Accreditation from the NJ Chief's Ass'n like your buddy in Lyndhurst.

2. Do not get involved in union politics. You now have your own contract as does the Deputy Chief.

3. Get a handle on the sick leave abuse and overtime payments.

4. Bring the Captains who were passed over on board. Seek their input.

5, Try to get the number 1 candidates on the Captain, Lt. and Sergeants test made ASAP. After all, they actually competed.

6. Stop letting the PBA President use the Detective Bureau offices as a hangout.

7. Ask advice from prior Chiefs. They know the pitfalls and could be helpful.

Good luck on your new position. B)

sounds to me like your one of those losers who actually made it to the top of the list, which means shit really...considering you plan on screwing everyone.i think we all know who you are...go hide at mom's house with gay boy.speaking of hang outs? i heard you already plotting against your crew,even that second clown is now melting down at your mercy for a piece of the pie,never happen,plenty of females in town have stories about him or with him.pitfalls? no pricks apply here, he knows how it is give him credit for that much, steady shifts i don't think so, :angry:

Guest Guest

Dear Chief, I would like to see all of the crossing guards rotating corners every year. Some of them have easy corners while others have very busy corners .

Guest Guest_resident_*

are these crossing guards suppose to be in the middle of the street or holding on to poles i suggest you go around and check for crossing guard who are not doing there jobs and get rid of them.i have one for you the crossing guard on 4th and central ave is never in the streeet.why?did she take this job to be a statue and the other one i have a problem with is the one hamilton and kinglsand ave she is another statue tell what there job really is.most of the crossing guards are doing there jobs but these 2 have got to go. you now what them say birds of a feather flock together put them on the same corner. we will be watching .

Guest The Adviser

Lets see. If Danny had stayed he would be the Chief and DK would still be a Lt. What luck. But now instead of whining against the former Chiefs he must now give the boys steady shifts. The first time he disciplines someone, the honeymoon will be over and they will hate him like they hated everyone else. He always complained about lack of manpower but then why was he caught sending his men home early? Stay tuned, a revolt will be soon and then Mayor McDonuts may be rethinking his pick. :ph34r:

Guest Guest_resident_*

all this talk about these crossing guard they hit the nail right on the the head

these crossing guards who do not go out in the middle of the street to stop these

cars from turning while the pedestrain is in the midddle of the street trying to

cross there will be a serious accident and some explaining to do. make them get

in the middle of the street or find other jobs for them. make the council meeting

we will discuss them not be in the middle of the street among other things.danger

not doing there jobs some are just there for the paycheck if my child gets hit on

any corner they would not have a job when i get done with these 2 crossing

guards. moe and curly.

Guest Oscar Myer

Give the new Chief a break. He had to do what he had to do to get McDonuts to make him. Forgetaboutit! You guys who took the promotion tests and came out on top will just have to wait until the redevelopment takes hold and ratables come in. Sometimes, its smarter to use your nose then your brain. Meanwhile back at the ranch, the steady shifts will have to wait unless you want to work a 40 hour week. Forgetabout that too. Oh I wish I was an Oscar Myer weiner then I could be the top dog too. :ph34r:

Guest Guest

How about the one crossing guard that has had over 100 days out. And she stillhas a job. You go figure. Where else can she get a job and take off that many daysand not GET FIRED> That's right she ought to be FIRED.

Guest Big Dog
Give the new Chief a break. He had to do what he had to do to get McDonuts to make him. Forgetaboutit! You guys who took the promotion tests and came out on top will just have to wait until the redevelopment takes hold and ratables come in. Sometimes, its smarter to use your nose then your brain. Meanwhile back at the ranch, the steady shifts will have to wait unless you want to work a 40 hour week. Forgetabout that too. Oh I wish I was an Oscar Myer weiner then I could be the top dog too. :ph34r:

If you were an Oscar Myers weiner, moron, you'd have more brains than you have now.

Guest Guest
Lets see. If Danny had stayed he would be the Chief and DK would still be a Lt. What luck. But now instead of whining against the former Chiefs he must now give the boys steady shifts. The first time he disciplines someone, the honeymoon will be over and they will hate him like they hated everyone else. He always complained about lack of manpower but then why was he caught sending his men home early? Stay tuned, a revolt will be soon and then Mayor McDonuts may be rethinking his pick. :ph34r:

sounds to me like your one of the selected few to be dismissed by this chief. let me guess you focked up along your merry years of service or did you not S**K hard enough like those hanging from dk's a-hole? you can get your brother to pull some half ass stunts and boast about shit around town hook up with a few soundbits well like you know who ops new wipe. i look forward to seeing the improved ops now so much said about ph well i don't see any changes only opportunity to screw with people ph was fair :angry::angry::angry::angry: the best person for the job but as always thanks to a few it was ruined ph was taught by danny remember that what loyality does dh have too sissypoooooooooand gutterpooooooo partner.dk open your eyes the headaches start now

dk wasn't the only squad commander sending people home early or allowing them to sleep home while everyone else works that still happens if not just ask lt****

Guest Civil Rights

The 2 Capatins who were not given the opportunity to test for the Chief's job should hire a lawyer and sue the Town of Harrison, the Mayor and Council and the Chief and Deputy Chief who conspired with McDonough to circumvent the civil service dept. and deny them their rights. In effect, this conspiracy has ruined their careers and caused them to lose property rights. Their union should also back them and use the treasury in the fight for justice. :ph34r:

Guest Guest
The 2 Capatins who were not given the opportunity to test for the Chief's job should hire a lawyer and sue the Town of Harrison, the Mayor and Council and the Chief and Deputy Chief who conspired with McDonough to circumvent the civil service dept. and deny them their rights. In effect, this conspiracy has ruined their careers and caused them to lose property rights. Their union should also back them and use the treasury in the fight for justice. :ph34r:

Gee! I wonder which one of the 7 FOP members wrote this post? Maybe it was a collective effort.

Guest CivilServer

Remember the top three.

Guest Guest

Hey Ziggy, you have come a long way from the Gardens. Lets hope that your head doesn't get too big and you forget about us. Remeber your roots and take care. I really don't believe that you got the job by a--kissing because you always were a standup guy. Is it true that you lunch with RC. That will surely bring you down. Good luck. Your friends "the Ghetto Boys". :ph34r:

Guest Guest

So far, I agree with the transfers that you made. You really purged the FOP members by putting Kelly and Pete on Squads. You took care of your competition by placing Jimmy in charge of Patrol and the dispatchers which is one big pile of s--t. The transfer of Sergeants to different squads is OK. You don't want them to continue their friendship with their Squad Commanders. But, you put the biggest whiner back in charge of the computers. Last time he had it, he asked to work Monday Tuesday Wed and Thurs with a 3 day weekend. He also asked for more money but when told that he would have to negotiate it with the PBA, he immediately resigned from handling the computers. I guess you and skippy had to throw him a bone because his brother-in-law-is a politician and thats how you guys got your jobs.

The Patrol Division is the most important part of the department. Your stocking the DB with PBA members and them using it as a clubhouse is going to bring you problems. Most of them couldn't catch a crook in Rahway State Prison. Six man Patrol Squads is going to cause plenty of OT when vacation times come around and the people you transferred start calling in sick. That's not going to look good on your year end report if you last that long.

Hopefully the pending lawsuit regarding your political promotions will bear fruit, and you will have to compete for the positions. Only then can you rightfully say you deserve it. Remember Derrick, what comes around goes around. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
So far, I agree with the transfers that you made. You really purged the FOP members by putting Kelly and Pete on Squads. You took care of your competition by placing Jimmy in charge of Patrol and the dispatchers which is one big pile of s--t. The transfer of Sergeants to different squads  is OK. You don't want them to continue their friendship with their Squad Commanders. But, you put the biggest whiner back in charge of the computers. Last time he had it, he asked to work Monday Tuesday Wed and Thurs with a 3 day weekend. He also asked for more money but when told that he would have to negotiate it with the PBA, he immediately resigned from handling the computers. I guess you and skippy had to throw him a bone because his brother-in-law-is a politician and thats how you guys got your jobs.

The Patrol Division is the most important part of the department. Your stocking the DB with PBA members and them using it as a clubhouse is going to bring you problems. Most of them couldn't catch a crook in Rahway State Prison. Six man Patrol Squads is going to cause plenty of OT when vacation times come around and the people you transferred start calling in sick. That's not going to look good on your year end report if you last that long.

Hopefully the pending lawsuit regarding your political promotions will bear fruit, and you will have to compete for the positions. Only then can you rightfully say you deserve it. Remember Derrick, what comes around goes around. :rolleyes:

The phrase is: "What goes around comes around". If you spent the time it takes typing this childish nonsense studying for the sargeants test instead you'd be better off. Dummy.

Guest Guest

Hey Ziggy, you have come a long way from the Gardens. Lets hope that your head doesn't get too big and you forget about us. Remeber your roots and take care. I really don't believe that you got the job by a--kissing because you always were a standup guy. Is it true that you lunch with RC. That will surely bring you down. Good luck. Your friends "the Ghetto Boys". :rolleyes:

We remember when...???

GOOD LUCK ZIGGY!!!!!! You sure did come along way but, you made it...just like a LOT of us "Ghetto boys / girls".

:glare:

Guest GOONIEE

Just remeber you FOP dogs!!!!!!!!!!! It was your time afew years ago. NOW it's OUR TIME KENEECHEWABITCJEZZZZZZZZZ

HAPPY DAys HAppy DAZE

byebye see you on my 3 and 3 hahahahahahahaha

Guest 2smart4u
Just remeber you FOP dogs!!!!!!!!!!! It was your time afew years ago. NOW it's OUR TIME KENEECHEWABITCJEZZZZZZZZZ

HAPPY DAys HAppy DAZE

byebye see you on my 3 and 3 hahahahahahahaha

Reading these postings, I'm reminded of the movie, "One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest".

Guest Guest

Doesn't anyon have answers to the crossing guard on Harrison & 3rd. She has missed over 80 days and still has a job. Mayor I think you should look into this. All the crossing guards had a meeting about days out. She was out the day of the meeting which was about her. Then when she came back she was never called in and told about her days out. Initials are **. It's really ridoulous how someone can miss that many days and still have a job.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Archived