Parking Tickets

Guest Whatabouthis

Guest Whatabouthis

Okay let's see, I understand it is illegal to park on the yellow or double park.

Some of us do and I understand a ticket should be issued. But sometimes its hard when you live on the other side of town, you come home there is no parking and you park not completely in the yellow but a part of your car overlaps it, and alas you wake up in the morning with a 75.00 parking ticket that appeared at 2:00am in the morning.

Now my other point, why is it that down on River Road where they repaved the parking down by Midland let's say a little down past the gas station that it is a driveway or a personal parking lot for the residents on River Road. I thought that was town property and no overnight parking is allowed there (no tickets issued).

Is that illegal maybe someone can answer me that?

How about official cars that park in the yellow to run into the store or perhaps picking up their dinner (we all know how does that) and since they issue the tickets they dont write themselves one for doing the same thing they wrote a ticket out for a citizen.

I guess it's the same story whts good for the goose is not good for the gander.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

The cops are just doing what they are told by the big officials in town, and I think if the cops park in the yellow or double park for a short period of time for whatever reason, it does not take up a legal spot for the citizens to park in. I don't know about you but the last time I called the cops for a illegally parked car they came in seconds or a minute maybe. If they don't ticket the cars they will continue to park in the hydrants, crosswalks, bus stops, and on the corners causing a traffic problem for other motorists/pedestrians and emergency vehicles. Do not complain because you parked ILLEGALLY and got caught. If you don't like the parking situation move out or buy a house with a driveway.

Guest Kelly Clarkson

Have you ever tried to pull out from a corner with a car parked in the yellow box. You have to go half way out into the intersection before u can even see. Then u get T-boned by a car coming up. I thank the cops for giving out tickets to people parked on corners. Also people who have driveways, should accually park in them. You dont need to save the spot in front of your house.

Guest Guest

Emergencies happen at any time of the day or night. Imagine a fire truck (ladder truck) trying to make a turn when there is a car parked in the prohibited area. I saw an example of that several years ago at Kearny Ave and Windsor St. Some one parked illegally and ran into the bar at that location. While in there the fire department responded to an alarm and while making the turn on to Windsor St it struck and got stuck on that parked car. That piece of equipment and men were out of service which translates to a dangerous situation.

There is no time of day when parking in a prohibited area is legal. No, its not legal for those with handicapped plates. Cars with a handicapped plate can park at a meter for free but not in the yellow areas as some believe.

Regardless if you have a driveway you too should be able to park on the street where YOU LIVE and not be thwarted by those who live two blocks away. There are 14 parking spots where I live and the number of cars owned by residents who live here equals 20 but only three have driveways. Typically there are 5 cars parked here that belong to folks from who knows where? There is one out here now that has been here for 5 days. Yes, the police have been called.

I'd vote for resident parking permits if they help the situation. Does anyone know why the town doesn't institute that? It's been an ongoing complaint and for many years. Why not try it for a limited time to see if it improves the situation throughout the town? A parking lot here andthere is not feasible in all parts of town like what was done on Chestnut St but at least the council did SOMETHING. They have to do something throughout the town.

Guest Kearny Resident

I truly believe there is alot of problems with parking in Kearny. What I do not understand is why the Police can not enforce people who have driveways to use them. I feel this would help others to have parking just alittle closer to their home. I live down by the park in Kearny near Davis Ave. and on the weekends when everyone and anyone comes to the park they take away the parking from the tenants. I think Kearny should have parking permits like Harrison. This may help the people who actually live in town, pay taxes in town and vote in town, have parking priveleges in town. Alot of out of towners come just to use West Hudson park. Lets get on the Police Dept. to enforce people to use their driveways and out of towners to park elsewhere, to play ball all day. The mayor and council want our votes but they do nothing to help the residents park their cars. Whats up with that? One hand washes the other. When you come home from a hard days work you would like to park close to home without your neighbors car in front of your house when he/she has a driveway. I would rather put my car in a driveway then on street parking but unfortunately I do not have one. What can be done?

Guest guest

the police can't do anything about people not using garages/driveways. forcing people off of public streets regardless of whether they have a driveway or not is unconstitutional and will never be changed. sorry...

Guest Guest

What you are suggesting is that I should buy a property with a driveway and/or garage, pay outrageous property taxes and then be dictated by the community as to where I can and cannot park my vehicle? You, on the other hand, can buy a cheaper property or rent, and allow me and my taxes to maintain the street on which you can park but I cannot. Think again! It gets even better when you park in front of my house, leave your BK crap at the curb and then don't even move you car for the street cleaner making the front of my house look like your garbage.

Thank you, I'll park where it is convenient to me and my family.

Archived