Mayoral Candidates

Guest Town Resident

Guest Town Resident

I would like to know if any mayoral candidates support the idea of a building moratorium in this town. With the population density, parking nightmares, over-crowded schools, air pollution from all the traffic, etc. etc., I think any candidate that supports this idea would be a winner.

Harrison does not need more housing. Harrison needs more OPEN SPACE. Kids should not be playing in the streets. With the prospect of a soccer stadium looking dim, why not create a riverbank park, similiar to Kearny and NA.

Guest harrisonhankeyhead

Why don't they rebuild the ol warner theater...I remember this one time...well forget it...he knows who he is

Guest 2nd ward
Harrison does not need more housing. Harrison needs more OPEN SPACE. Kids should not be playing in the streets. With the prospect of a soccer stadium looking dim, why not create a riverbank park, similiar to Kearny and NA.
I agree, but certain people on the re-developement board (TP) say that tennis courts and parks don't pay taxes. tHey don't care the mayor has no kids and rents. (TP) is about to build two illegal homes and add more people to this town. I SUPPORT A WHOLE NEW COUNCIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest 2smart4u
I agree, but certain people on the re-developement board (TP) say that tennis courts and parks don't pay taxes.  tHey don't care the mayor has no kids and rents.  (TP) is about to build two illegal homes and add more people to this town.  I SUPPORT A WHOLE NEW COUNCIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read in today's StarLedger that the redevelopment will add 7,000 new housing units. IN HARRISON !!?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?? What is that going to do to classroom space in our already overcrowded schools ?? Can you say "Higher school taxes in our future" ? What will 7,000 more cars look like on our streets ?? You think parking is bad now, it's only going to get worse.

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*

Did you see the article in the paper about the houses going up in Harrison? Isn't the Harrison Redevelopment Agency illegal according to a report on http://www.njpolitics.com , a group says that the membership of the board has too many employees and politicians on it and therefore their actions are illegal. Aren't potential buyers taking a big risk with buying something that is illegal.

Guest Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Says Harrison Redevelopment Agency Illegally Formed

(Harrison) - A group calling themselves the Harrison Community Coalition has posted a report setting forth its position that the Harrison Redevelopment Agency should be disbanded for several reasons among them that the Board's membership violates state law because too many of its members are town employees; and the municipal ordinance which formed the Board and the basis for which the Redevelopment Board was formed. The Coalition calls for the Local Finance Board to disband the Board. The Harrison Redevelopment Board was formed in 1999 in an effort to redevelop the Waterfront area of Harrison (Hudson County) in an area which was formerly zoned industrial. The Coalition contends that the Redevelopment Agency is impeding the development by the private sector because it has entered into development contracts which it continues to renew even though the designated developers have not complied with requirements such as environmental studies. The MetroStars have also expressed an interest in building a Stadium in the Redevelopment Zone. The Stadium would result in the razing of a building build at the turn of the century. The building which once produced cannons for warships during War World II now stands defiantly stoic waiting for a visionary to convert it into a wonderful marketplace. Other property owners in the Redevelopment Zone have expressed an interest in developing their own properties but have been turned down by the Redevelopment Agency. Property owners unsure of the future ownership of their property have failed to make improvements. Others have simply stopped maintaining their properties. To review the report, click here.

http://www.njpolitics.com/petition_4-04.pdf

Guest 2smart4u
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group Says Harrison Redevelopment Agency Illegally Formed

(Harrison) - A group calling themselves the Harrison Community Coalition has posted a report setting forth its position that the Harrison Redevelopment Agency should be disbanded for several reasons among them that the Board's membership violates  state law because too many of its members are town employees; and the municipal ordinance which formed the Board and the basis for which the Redevelopment Board was formed.  The Coalition calls for the Local Finance Board to disband the Board.  The Harrison Redevelopment Board was formed in 1999 in an effort to redevelop the Waterfront area of Harrison (Hudson County) in an area which was formerly zoned industrial.  The Coalition contends that the Redevelopment Agency is impeding the development by the private sector because it has entered into development contracts which it continues to renew even though the designated developers have not complied with requirements such as environmental studies.  The MetroStars have also expressed an interest in building a Stadium in the Redevelopment Zone.  The Stadium would result in the razing of a building build at the turn of the century.  The building which once produced cannons for warships during War World II now stands defiantly stoic waiting for a visionary to convert it into a wonderful marketplace.  Other property owners in the Redevelopment Zone have expressed an interest in developing their own properties but have been turned down by the Redevelopment Agency.  Property owners unsure of the future ownership of their property have failed to make improvements.  Others have simply stopped maintaining their properties.  To review the report, click here.

http://www.njpolitics.com/petition_4-04.pdf

DUH !! If it was illegal, I think the Prosecuter's Office would have gotten involved by now.

Guest Guest

Petigrew doesn't know his head from his A$$. Doran's pulling his strings and will Run for Mayor 2006, that is if he doesn't get bought out. Thats also if his business and him running aren't a conflict of intrest. Especially with the re-development.

Archived