bye bye stadium

Guest guest

Guest guest

the other day, i watched the stands at j f k stadium being demolished. alot of

town history was demolished too. i hope some one took pictures of this event

for posterity! i truly hope the new stadium will carry on were j f k ended .

i saw a local company taking the bronze plaque off the front of the stadium

a few weeks ago. does anyone know were it ended up?

Guest Guest
the other day, i watched  the stands at  j f k  stadium being  demolished. alot of

town history was demolished  too. i hope  some one took pictures  of this event

for posterity!  i  truly hope the new stadium  will  carry on were  j f k  ended .

i saw  a local  company  taking  the bronze  plaque off the front of the stadium

a few weeks ago.  does anyone know  were it ended up?

ebay so the town can get out of debt! and lower your taxes HA-HA-HA redevelopment baby............

Guest Idiots

We have nothing but idiots running this town. They sold the stadium without making any arrangements with the new owners so our kids can continue to play on the field until the the one was completed. Imagine how those senior baseball players feel knowing that they have to end their high school baseball career on a field other then their own. I think the town should have taken that into consideration but once again it was all about profit

Guest Former Town Resident
We have nothing but idiots running this town.  They sold the stadium without making any arrangements with the new owners so our kids can continue to play on  the field until the the one was completed.  Imagine how those senior baseball players feel knowing that they have to end their high school baseball career on a field other then their own.  I think the town should have taken that into consideration but once again it was all about profit

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ??

With all this new proposed development in town, how much of the land is being set aside for what is referred to as "passive recreation", meaning some grassy areas with trees and flowers and a few benches where people can go and enjoy the outdoors and sunshine ??

Guest Guest

I'm sure nostalgic to some, but we must move forward. Knock it down and knock more down. Although they might be idiots, please use words like incompetent or say things like lack of leadership. Saying idiot makes you one. Have something meaningful to say. "Passive recreation". West Hudson Park is not good enough or too far away. Was JFK passive recreation. I'm sure there are quite a number of people with personal memories to JFK, but we must move on. As always in my posts, I do not support current admin or have ties to current admin. But we must rebuild this town. It has to start somewhere. Whether current admin sees this thru is up to you. Powers in numbers!

Guest Guest

I agree we must move forward but I think the incompetent people running our town should have given more thought to the issue. Knock the stadium down before the new one is built was not a very wise decision on their part. Shame on them for taking that away from the kids in our town

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*
I agree we must move forward but I think the incompetent people running our town should have given more thought to the issue.  Knock the stadium down before the new one is built was not a very wise decision on their part.  Shame on them for taking that away from the kids in our town

You think McDonough and Higgins are concerned about your kids. McD and Higgins are trying to figure out how many stuffed envelopes they can fit into their jackets in exchange for selling away prime real estate for a townhouse developer. The DEP is also to blame for allowing the development to go through without a proper flood plan. Christie hurry up soon enough the town will be ruined beyond repair.

Guest Please

They don't give a rats ass about this town. Higgins sent his kids to a private school (I'm not shaming him for this but how can you fight for the schools in town when you don't trust them enough to send your own kids there) and McDonough doesnt' have any

Archived