More Money For Castano

Guest Manor Resident

Guest Manor Resident

According to the Observer, the developers who purchased the house on Bennett Ave got a judge to overturn the Town's new zoning law. Now the developer is saying that he wants to make the house fit the neighborhood even putting the garage in the back rather than in the front of the house. Mayor Santos who is a terrible negotiator is filing an appeal. My money is going into the town attorneys pocket because the Mayor's arrogance. The Mayor listens to the attorney's poor advise and now we the taxpayers pay the attorney to defend a lawsuit filed by the developer. The developer wins and now we pay more for another appeal. The attorney is laughing to the bank. Let's stop bonding through the nose and let's start cutting unnecessary legal fees on appeals that are going nowhere. This is similar to the sex offenders. Instead of negotitating a fee for housing the sex offenders we are spending tax payers dollars on futile appeals. The Superior Court judge said Kearny is wrong, the Appellate division said Kearny is wrong and now we are spending more money on the town attorney to file a Motion seeking review by the Supreme Court. What next, a federal suit? A total waste of money. Negotiate a fee for the sex offenders they are closer to Jersey City than they are to uptown Kearny. This is a money maker for one person-Town Attorney Greg Castano. The mayor must be getting a cut because he makes less than my yearly property taxes.

Guest Schuyler Ave Resident

The Mayor will however take money to reopen a closed landfill under the guise that he is going to create a green space. Sixty feet of construction debri and what else. Another hypocritical move on the part of Mayor Santos. Who paid for the mailer that I got in my mailbox? Me. The Mayor is an idiot. The Meadowlands Commission wants to reopen a dump and the Mayor goes along with it. I can see the trucks now barreling down Harrison Avenue and down Schuyler Avenue on the way to the Kearny dump. Just great. He won't take money for the sex offenders (the garbage of this earth) but he will take money for construction debri (the garbage of this earth). What is the environmental impact of having trucks go over a toxic garbage dump. What emissions will be released as a result of further dumping of construction debri? Who is going to be monitoring the trucks into the facility? Who will be monitoring the air quality at the site. Can we throw some asbestos into the mix so we can further damage the environment. I predict that they will never build on the site after they are finishing dumping and the Mayor will be long gone. Is there going to be a trust fund set up to insure that the green space will be built? No. Get a job Mayor so you don't have time to come up with these stupid ideas. Maybe the town attorney can give you some work, he seems to have plenty of work at taxpayer's expense.

Guest Guest 99
The Mayor will however take money to reopen a closed landfill under the guise that he is going to create a green space.  Sixty feet of construction debri and what else.  Another hypocritical move on the part of Mayor Santos.  Who paid for the mailer that I got in my mailbox?  Me.  The Mayor is an idiot.  The Meadowlands Commission wants to reopen a dump and the Mayor goes along with it.  I can see the trucks now barreling down Harrison Avenue and down Schuyler Avenue on the way to the Kearny dump.  Just great.  He won't take money for the sex offenders (the garbage of this earth) but he will take money for construction debri (the garbage of this earth).  What is the environmental impact of having trucks go over a toxic garbage dump.  What emissions will be released as a result of further dumping of construction debri?  Who is going to be monitoring the trucks into the facility?  Who will be monitoring the air quality at the site.  Can we throw some asbestos into the mix so we can further damage the environment.  I predict that they will never build on the site after they are finishing dumping and the Mayor will be long gone. Is there going to be a trust fund set up to insure that the green space will be built?  No.  Get a job Mayor so you don't have time to come up with these stupid ideas.  Maybe the town attorney can give you some work, he seems to have plenty of work at taxpayer's expense.

Let's take this step by step:

The Keegan site is not a closed landfill. It is a closed uncontrolled dump.

The fill will be coming from contracts already established by the NJMC and will be coming from Bergen County via the Turnpike.

No one ever offered money for the placement of sex offenders. It's good to see you watch the council meetings on tv, though.

There will be no environmental impact from trucks driving onto the site as the first thing done is the laying of gravel as a roadway.

The trucks and the air quality will be monitored by the NJMC and the DEP.

Although the class of construction debris being put in the site does not contain asbestos, the material itself does nothing to the environment. Asbestos is a mineral found naturally in the ground.

An escrow account of at least $3 million is being set aside for Kearny to develop the area when capping is complete.

Read the flier you paid for. All the information is in there.

The Mayor will however take money to reopen a closed landfill under the guise that he is going to create a green space.  Sixty feet of construction debri and what else.  Another hypocritical move on the part of Mayor Santos.  Who paid for the mailer that I got in my mailbox?  Me.  The Mayor is an idiot.  The Meadowlands Commission wants to reopen a dump and the Mayor goes along with it.  I can see the trucks now barreling down Harrison Avenue and down Schuyler Avenue on the way to the Kearny dump.  Just great.  He won't take money for the sex offenders (the garbage of this earth) but he will take money for construction debri (the garbage of this earth).  What is the environmental impact of having trucks go over a toxic garbage dump.  What emissions will be released as a result of further dumping of construction debri?  Who is going to be monitoring the trucks into the facility?  Who will be monitoring the air quality at the site.  Can we throw some asbestos into the mix so we can further damage the environment.  I predict that they will never build on the site after they are finishing dumping and the Mayor will be long gone. Is there going to be a trust fund set up to insure that the green space will be built?  No.   Get a job Mayor so you don't have time to come up with these stupid ideas.  Maybe the town attorney can give you some work, he seems to have plenty of work at taxpayer's expense.

Let's take this step by step:

The Keegan site is not a closed landfill. It is a closed uncontrolled dump.

The fill will be coming from contracts already established by the NJMC and will be coming from Bergen County via the Turnpike.

No one ever offered money for the placement of sex offenders. It's good to see you watch the council meetings on tv, though.

There will be no environmental impact from trucks driving onto the site as the first thing done is the laying of gravel as a roadway.

The trucks and the air quality will be monitored by the NJMC and the DEP.

Although the class of construction debris being put in the site does not contain asbestos, the material itself does nothing to the environment. Asbestos is a mineral found naturally in the ground.

An escrow account of at least $3 million is being set aside for Kearny to develop the area when capping is complete.

Read the flier you paid for. All the information is in there.

Gee, you are a highly informed citizen,...hmmmmm. or official.

Guest twoshystertown
According to the Observer, the developers who purchased the house on Bennett Ave got a judge to overturn the Town's new zoning law. Now the developer is saying that he wants to make the house fit the neighborhood even putting the garage in the back rather than in the front of the house. Mayor Santos who is a terrible negotiator is filing an appeal. My money is going into the town attorneys pocket because the Mayor's arrogance. The Mayor listens to the attorney's poor advise and now we the taxpayers pay the attorney to defend a lawsuit filed by the developer. The developer wins and now we pay more for another appeal. The attorney is laughing to the bank. Let's stop bonding through the nose and let's start cutting unnecessary legal fees on appeals that are going nowhere. This is similar to the sex offenders. Instead of negotitating a fee for housing the sex offenders we are spending tax payers dollars on futile appeals. The Superior Court judge said Kearny is wrong, the Appellate division said Kearny is wrong and now we are spending more money on the town attorney to file a Motion seeking review by the Supreme Court. What next, a federal suit? A total waste of money. Negotiate a fee for the sex offenders they are closer to Jersey City than they are to uptown Kearny. This is a money maker for one person-Town Attorney Greg Castano. The mayor must be getting a cut because he makes less than my yearly property taxes.

What about Ken Davie1!

The next time you call your doctor, just give him the definition below. He'll understand and guide you in the right direction.

Main Entry: para·noia

2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others ;)

The next time you call your doctor, just give him the definition below. He'll understand and guide you in the right direction.

Main Entry: para·noia

2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others :ph34r:

That sounds like the Mayor. Your main entry that is:unsure:

Archived