the snow removal

Guest sweeper

Guest sweeper

i must say this time around was much better. GOOD JOB DPW!

you guys did an amazing job this time around. thank you!

i was able to get into my car and drive off. MY CAR WAS EMBEDDED IN THE ICY SNOW! :D NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :PB)

Guest Guest

i was able to get into my car and drive off. MY CAR WAS EMBEDDED IN THE ICY SNOW! :D NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P  B)

Heard trucks running all night. Maybe Frank touched them from the grave. Good job this time DPW.

Guest Guest

i was able to get into my car and drive off. MY CAR WAS EMBEDDED IN THE ICY SNOW! :P NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)  :D

greeeat job on Harrison Ave , its like parking on top of freaking mountain :D:P

Guest guest

i was able to get into my car and drive off. MY CAR WAS EMBEDDED IN THE ICY SNOW! ;) NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P  :D

I undersatand that storms like this are hard to keep up with, I also have a TV with channels that have a news cast and the weather channel and there was enough time to prepare for the storm and once again FAILURE! Why are we having such a hard time? here is my opinion these fools are given everything they demand including a 99,000.00 paycheck and this is what the residents in this town get in return a non-productive DPW.

Guest Guest

i was able to get into my car and drive off. MY CAR WAS EMBEDDED IN THE ICY SNOW! ;) NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P  :D

of course they did a nice job, it feel on a saturday, so it is over time.

Guest GUEST
Heard trucks running all night. Maybe Frank touched them from the grave. Good job this time DPW.

THE MAJORITY OF THE GUYS IN THE DPW HAVE BEEN THERE OVER 7 YRS AND HAVE HAD 'PREVIOUS' EXPERIENCE WORKING SNOW STORMS BEFORE UNDER tommy k & tansky. can't they set the new guy 'straight' on how it's done?

Guest GUEST
greeeat job on Harrison Ave , its like parking on top of freaking mountain  ;)  :P

for years, harrison always cleaned the streets after a snow storm 'better' than any othe local town, including kearny. NOW THIS YR. KEARNY HAS BEAT HARRISON!!!

Guest Guest

i was able to get into my car and drive off. MY CAR WAS EMBEDDED IN THE ICY SNOW! :P NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P  :D

WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO PUT THE SNOW STUPID?

Guest Guest
I undersatand that storms like this are hard to keep up with, I also have a TV with channels that have a news cast and the weather channel and there was enough time to prepare for the storm and once again FAILURE! Why are we having such a hard time? here is my opinion these fools are given everything they demand including a 99,000.00 paycheck and this is what the residents in this town get in return a non-productive DPW.

LEAVE THE DPW ALONE, THEY DID A GOOD JOB. Speaking od non productive, you should be worrying about TOM POWELL. There's a do-nothing.

Guest Guest

Sure the town does good job on the streets but forgets about the fact that many people walk. The crosswalks are never cleared. I guess they don't get paid for that. As long as they are in the heated plows, nice and easy.

Guest Guest

They clear the streets fine, but then the assholes who don't want a flake of snow on their sidewalks throw it back into the streets, most of the time with snowblowers.

Also, the general contractors who clear lots and sidewalks think it's ok to just plow the snow in the streets, crosswalks or just leave a big pile in the middle of sidewalk.

Complained many times and nobody wants to listen. Afraid to start fining anyone who deserves it. Hit people in the pocketbook and they think twice. So know I have to get a video camera and take people to court myself. Who has time for that. Do your jobs people!

Guest Guest
WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO PUT THE SNOW STUPID?

there are enough vacant lots to put the snow, it will be melted by the time the planned work proceeds. This was the worst job I seen in years. As least Tanski did the job better.

Guest guest
Sure the town does good job on the streets but forgets about the fact that many people walk. The crosswalks are never cleared. I guess they don't get paid for that. As long as they are in the heated plows, nice and easy.

EVEN AT THE GARDENS, THEY DID CLEAN THE SIDEWALKS VERY EARLY AND VERY GOOD, BUT THEY FORGET OR NEGLECT TO CLEAR A FEW PATHS BY THE CURB FOR THE SENIORS TO BE ABLE TO GET ON THE SENIOR BUS OF GET TO A RIDE THAT IS PICKING THEM UP; AND NOT FALL DOWN AND GET INJURED.

Esspecially on the Hamilton st side; some couldn't leave the Gdns since the snowfall last Friday, because there were no cleared paths near bldgs 4,thru 10 to use to reach a pick-up ride or the senior bus. It only takes few minutes to clear a few feet from the sidewalk to in-be-tween the parked cars in 2-3 spots.

Hope the guys do it next time, since again, many compliments, they really do a great job on the 'inside' of the Gdns.

Guest Guest

holy cow, did you see how much overtime they paid to the workers for the snow storm? $45,766.20 i heard

They clear the streets fine, but then the assholes who don't want a flake of snow on their sidewalks throw it back into the streets, most of the time with snowblowers.

Also, the general contractors who clear lots and sidewalks think it's ok to just plow the snow in the streets, crosswalks or just leave a big pile in the middle of sidewalk.

Complained many times and nobody wants to listen. Afraid to start fining anyone who deserves it. Hit people in the pocketbook and they think twice. So know I have to get a video camera and take people to court myself. Who has time for that. Do your jobs people!

Guest You're kidding, right???&#33

Nice job!!!????

The streets are terrible. Say what you will of Billy, but those streets woould have been totally cleared within two days...tops!

Guest guest

what about the crosswalks at the curbs at the gdns, so the old people can reach the street!!!