Support for Matt and note to the school board

Guest Matthew Roberts

Guest Matthew Roberts

Matt,

Thank you so much for doing the right thing. I hope the way these people have treated you is not as bad as the rumors I've heard. (knowing the way the religious work, though, its probably worse.) I just want to let you know there are a lot of people out there behind you whether you know it or not. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Matthew Roberts

Oakland, California

To the school board:

Step up and do your job. This teacher deserves to be fired, period. If you don't act in a manner consistent with your duty and the law, you will end up exactly where the school boards in Pennsylvania and Kansas did; on the street.

To those on this board attacking Matt, especially the Christians, I only have one thing to say. How would you feel if this teacher were a Muslim telling all his Christian students they were going to hell? What if he was an Atheist? (Yes, we do exists) How would you feel then? Being the majority does not mean the laws are relative. Tocqueville's 160+ year old advice still is true today: The biggest threat to Democracy itself is the tyranny of the majority.

Looks like Santa won't be visiting a lot of houses in Kearny this year if you keep treating people like you do Matthew.

Guest Hypocrite
Matt,

Thank you so much for doing the right thing. I hope the way these people have treated you is not as bad as the rumors I've heard. (knowing the way the religious work, though, its probably worse.)  I just want to let you know there are a lot of people out there behind you whether you know it or not. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Matthew Roberts

Oakland, California

To the school board:

Step up and do your job. This teacher deserves to be fired, period. If you don't act in a manner consistent with your duty and the law, you will end up exactly where the school boards in Pennsylvania and Kansas did; on the street.

To those on this board attacking Matt, especially the Christians, I only have one thing to say. How would you feel if this teacher were a Muslim telling all his Christian students they were going to hell? What if he was an Atheist? (Yes, we do exists) How would you feel then? Being the majority does not mean the laws are relative. Tocqueville's 160+ year old advice still is true today: The biggest threat to Democracy itself is the tyranny of the majority.

Looks like Santa won't be visiting a lot of houses in Kearny this year if you keep treating people like you do Matthew.

Look what kettle is calling the pot black.

Must be something about people named Matt.

You are attacking this teacher and are demanding he is fired.

What do you mean, "especially the Christians", are you now attacking Christians?

As you have responed in other posts, stick to the topic in discussion. Don't go creating another episode with new characters. (Muslim, Atheist)

Also, I recall you're into correcting spelling and grammar.

Maybe Santa should stop at your house and leave you a Leap Frog spelling and grammar checker. ( EXISTS ) :angry::angry:

(the name you used suits you, by the way)

LOL, sweeping generalization right in the second breath. I'm ashamed for both of us.

He intentionally violated one of the highest laws in the land. Firing is too good for him.

What do you mean, "especially the Christians", are you now attacking Christians?

No, he's pointing out that the fundamentalist Christians obviously have no problem with the teacher's law-breaking (any rational person would not defend the teacher) because it suits their agenda of injecting religion into public schools and institutions.

As you have responed in other posts, stick to the topic in discussion. Don't go creating another episode with new characters. (Muslim, Atheist)

It's just a simply hypothetical question that would quite effectively point out the hypocrisy of those defending the law-breaking teacher--that is, it would, if any of the people defending him had the guts to answer it honestly.

Guest Patriot
(the name you used suits you, by the way)

LOL, sweeping generalization right in the second breath. I'm ashamed for both of us.

He intentionally violated one of the highest laws in the land. Firing is too good for him.

No, he's pointing out that the fundamentalist Christians obviously have no problem with the teacher's law-breaking (any rational person would not defend the teacher) because it suits their agenda of injecting religion into public schools and institutions.

It's just a simply hypothetical question that would quite effectively point out the hypocrisy of those defending the law-breaking teacher--that is, it would, if any of the people defending him had the guts to answer it honestly.

strife, lay off the crank and do some weed, you're way too uptight.

Also, I recall you're into correcting spelling and grammar.

Maybe Santa should stop at your house and leave you a Leap Frog spelling and grammar checker. ( EXISTS )  B)  :D

That you see this as an attack on Christians only betrays your biases and your extreme myopia.

strife,  lay off the crank and do some weed,

Never done a recreational drug in my life, and plan on keeping it that way. Error one.

you're way too uptight.

I'm for the legalization of all drugs. That's so uptight of me, isn't it? :huh:

Just putting those two statements there to show you just on how many levels you were w-r-o-n-g. :lol:

'Course, I'm not surprised all you had was a childish comment as a response. That tends to be what fundies degenerate to when they realize just how hopeless their "arguments" are. :)