Harrison HS State Champs Once Again

Guest Guest

Let's take a second here to stop bashing the mayor, council, the gardens, police, each other, etc...and talk about something positive. The Harrison boy's soccer team once again claimed stake to a state title (their 22nd I believe). They dished out a hell of a whoopin to Metuchen HS 6-0 and brought the state title back to where it belongs. Solidifying it's dynasty status, the boys had a hell of a season and an even more impressive state title run...what a way to break in the new field. Congratulations to all the players and coaches for a great year.

Let's take a second here to stop bashing the mayor, council, the gardens, police, each other, etc...and talk about something positive. The Harrison boy's soccer team once again claimed stake to a state title (their 22nd I believe). They dished out a hell of a whoopin to Metuchen HS 6-0 and brought the state title back to where it belongs. Solidifying it's dynasty status, the boys had a hell of a season and an even more impressive state title run...what a way to break in the new field. Congratulations to all the players and coaches for a great year.

Bravo Blue Tide!!

You kicked some ass

but you did it with class!

Well done Harrison!

Couldn't say it better myself

wow in group 1 was it not?

Guest Guest A

Championships don't just happen, they are the results of a lot of hard work. The boys, their coaches, and everyone else who contributed should be congratulated.

Guest Just a fan
I agree praise those who make it happen...BUT let's get rid of those "coaches" who have had losing records for years..ie football baseball ectect...

Harrison a  soccer/cheerleading town.

Please Harrison, look at Rutgers, coaches do make a difference!

Please Harrison, look at Rutgers, coaches do make a difference!

the last time I looked Schiano hadn't applied for the job and he was a loser for 5 straight years and he recruits.You don't even have a clue in what's involved in h.s. coaching,particularly in Harrison.You are probably not qualified to coach at that level try appling .you sound like you have all the answers.

I agree praise those who make it happen...BUT let's get rid of those "coaches" who have had losing records for years..ie football baseball ectect...

Harrison a  soccer/cheerleading town.

Shut the hell up.....You have no idea what the hell you are talking about!!!

The football and baseball coaches bust their tails for these kids.

It's just not a football or baseball town..here's an example of what the

baseball coaches have to face....as rumor has it, two middle infielders that

started for the baseball team moved out of town. I guess that's the coaches

fault. right?? A-Hole!!

Guest Guest A
Shut the hell up.....You have no idea what the hell you are talking about!!!

The football and baseball coaches bust their tails for these kids.

It's just not a football or baseball town..here's an example of what the

baseball coaches have to face....as rumor has it, two middle infielders that

started for the baseball team moved out of town. I guess that's the coaches

fault. right?? A-Hole!!

We live in a town where there are no baseball fields except the locked little league. You can always go up the park and convince the hundreds of soccer players to move so you can have a game. Then we hear that Harrison is a soccer town. It will never be a baseball town unless we have a place to play and a better program.

We live in a town where there are no baseball fields except the locked little league.  You can always go up the park and convince the hundreds of soccer players to move so you can have a game.  Then we hear that Harrison is a soccer town.  It will never be a baseball town unless we have a place to play and a better program.

HARRISON has always been a soccer town, but especially now with the student body being so diverse and largely hispanic. This makes it extremely difficult to field a good baseball or football team, sometimes you have to use your head and let commonsence prevail.

HARRISON has always been a soccer town, but especially now with the student body being so diverse and largely hispanic. This makes it extremely difficult to field a good baseball or football team, sometimes you have to use your head and let commonsence prevail.

Yes but now I need a spanish dictionary....time to move

Guest parcells

If the baseball and football coaches spent anytime trying to build their programs rather than counting their money paid by it they could field a good product. programs start from the bottom up before they reach highschool

If the baseball and football coaches spent anytime trying to build their programs rather than counting their money paid by it they could field a good product. programs start from the bottom up before they reach highschool

you obviously have never coached a sport on any level and when you compare soccer baseball football or any other sport there really is no comparison. Each of these sports have several reasons why the winning is lopsided. It involves numbers, demographics ability to practice some sports more easily during the off season. Since you only bash football and baseball you probably just have a problem with those coaches so why don't you go ask them to their face I am sure they will enlighten you and as ffar as counting their money thats ridiculous cause it is much less than you think

the last time I looked Schiano hadn't applied for the job and he was a loser for 5 straight years and he recruits.You don't even have a clue in what's involved in h.s. coaching,particularly in Harrison.You are probably not qualified to coach at that level try appling .you sound like you have all the answers.

How can harrison boys football compete with the men of st. marys? It is not the coaches or the players who come day in and day out to bust their humps! We should pat those guys on the back for keeping their heads up when they are getting their bodies bashed by these much bigger (physical) teams.....

Was always a soccer town alongside football and baseball. Now definitley soccer in the lead.

Possibly we all should try to encourage more kids of all backgrounds to get involved in these other sports. I'm certain they are fantastic athletes and would succeed. And yes at pro levels there are many Hispanics in these sports, they start somewhere.

I believe they want to be on the soccer team beacuse of its' constant success regardless if they get to play or not. Winning is a great feeling. Perhaps some are afraid to try the other sports as failure is a possibility. But effort and trying is not failure.