Law suit

Guest HolyMoly

I hear an individual is suing the Town and its employees for defamation.

How do you find out if this is in the works?

Call Town Hall and ask?? or better yet, ask in an open meeting..if they tell you No, and There IS a lawsuit, they'll look rather silly.

Call Town Hall and ask??  or better yet, ask in an open meeting..if they tell you No, and There IS a lawsuit, they'll look rather silly.

Are you serious. First, they would never tell. Second, since when are they worried about looking silly? There's no one left who cares.

Are you serious. First, they would never tell. Second, since when are they worried about looking silly? There's no one left who cares.

Including YOU i guess?? This is precisely the attitude that fosters the problem you're complaining about. At the end of the day, although the wont admit it, the Politicians of this Town work for US..you know, the Voters??

Also, IIRC, lawsuits are public record, you SHOULD be able to check with the Hudson County Superior Court, and enquire if there is any pending litigation against the town. Now, If I were you, me beint the rather crotchety olf critter that i am, I would check with the County First..then ask the Mayor and council, and if they Then deny, claim ignorance, or try to obfusticate, then present them with the case title and Docket Number. November is coming, and there is a seat or two up for grabs if the can of worms can be kicked over.

Including YOU i guess??  This is precisely the attitude that fosters the problem you're complaining about.  At the end of the day, although the wont admit it, the Politicians of this Town work for US..you know, the Voters??

Also, IIRC, lawsuits are public record, you SHOULD be able to check with the Hudson County Superior Court, and enquire if there is any pending litigation against the town.  Now, If I were you, me beint the rather crotchety olf critter that i am, I would check with the County First..then ask the Mayor and council, and if they Then deny, claim ignorance, or try to obfusticate, then present them with the case title and Docket Number.  November is coming, and there is a seat or two up for grabs if the can of worms can be kicked over.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant there is no one left who cares enough to run against these people. A couple of seats up for grabs, that's a joke, 9 seats including the mayor. The only person who cares seems to be Mangin and I don't see any other candidates emerging. Very dangerous for any town. I am not a supporter, but at least he may ask enough questions to keep them honest.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant there is no one left who cares enough to run against these people.  A couple of seats up for grabs, that's a joke, 9 seats including the mayor. The only person who cares seems to be Mangin and I don't see any other candidates emerging. Very dangerous for any town.  I am not a supporter, but at least he may ask enough questions to keep them honest.

The law suit was filed on 9-12-06 by the family of one of the JC police officers who drove off the bridge in south Kearny. The suit claims it is for discovery purposes only. I know that a major NJ insurance company used a fabricated, altered and forged medical report to defraud a Kearny resident and information on that case is also being sought through this process.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NoLimit
Including YOU i guess??  This is precisely the attitude that fosters the problem you're complaining about.  At the end of the day, although the wont admit it, the Politicians of this Town work for US..you know, the Voters??

Also, IIRC, lawsuits are public record, you SHOULD be able to check with the Hudson County Superior Court, and enquire if there is any pending litigation against the town.  Now, If I were you, me beint the rather crotchety olf critter that i am, I would check with the County First..then ask the Mayor and council, and if they Then deny, claim ignorance, or try to obfusticate, then present them with the case title and Docket Number.  November is coming, and there is a seat or two up for grabs if the can of worms can be kicked over.

The Mayor should take action for this is going to cost the Town big buck because the liars club has alot of civil action heading their way.