Movin on OUT

Guest Baffled & Dizzy

Guest Baffled & Dizzy
:P Did anyonr read the Star Ledger the other day, in reference to the entire State of New Jersey, having the fastest rate of white caucasions moving out of the state in the country? Does anyone have any input to this new information? And pleas be nice, I am only asking for residents opinions.

:huh: Did anyonr read the Star Ledger the other day, in reference to the entire State of New Jersey, having the fastest rate of white caucasions moving out of the state in the country? Does  anyone have any input to this new information? And pleas be nice, I am only asking for residents opinions.

B) ok this had a name back in the 50/60s whit flight! and for what its worth we down here in fla SEE IT ALL OF THE TIME!! i started posting with the statment FLA SAYS NO! OR STAY AWAY NOT IN FLA!! thats from all the STUPID YANKEES AND THE DUMB IDEAS THEY BRING ! like m/v insp or higher taxes for things you should do your self!! i said FIX THE PROBLEMS IN KEARNY AND STAY HOME!! and "you still can" starting with dumping santos and his crew!! so read that pice and WAKE UP!!!! :unsure::unsure:

:unsure: Did anyonr read the Star Ledger the other day, in reference to the entire State of New Jersey, having the fastest rate of white caucasions moving out of the state in the country? Does  anyone have any input to this new information? And pleas be nice, I am only asking for residents opinions.

I plan on leaving and race plays no factor. I'm tired of high property taxes, high car insurance rates, a government that shows no ability to control costs, winter. A house that's $450K in NJ is $150K in many other areas of the US and even with lower salaries I can still live a better life.

:huh: ok this had a name back in the 50/60s whit flight! and for what its worth we down here in fla SEE IT ALL OF THE TIME!! i started posting with the statment FLA SAYS NO! OR STAY AWAY NOT IN FLA!! thats from all the STUPID YANKEES AND THE DUMB IDEAS THEY BRING ! like m/v insp or higher taxes for things you should do your self!! i said FIX THE PROBLEMS IN KEARNY AND STAY HOME!! and "you still can" starting with dumping santos and his crew!! so read that pice and WAKE UP!!!! :unsure:  :unsure:

This really is a monkey trying to type, isn't it?

Guest Studies and Observations
B) ok this had a name back in the 50/60s whit flight! and for what its worth we down here in fla SEE IT ALL OF THE TIME!! i started posting with the statment FLA SAYS NO! OR STAY AWAY NOT IN FLA!! thats from all the STUPID YANKEES AND THE DUMB IDEAS THEY BRING ! like m/v insp or higher taxes for things you should do your self!! i said FIX THE PROBLEMS IN KEARNY AND STAY HOME!! and "you still can" starting with dumping santos and his crew!! so read that pice and WAKE UP!!!! :unsure:  :unsure:

I Love it..This from the guys who is Guilty of EXACTLY what he's screaming about.. YOU "Fled" there ORN..why shouldnt anyone else?? You're a Hypocrite of the first order.. Now, Go cry to Kevin/James C about how we're "Mean" to you.

Guest Ex-Kearnyite
:unsure: Did anyonr read the Star Ledger the other day, in reference to the entire State of New Jersey, having the fastest rate of white caucasions moving out of the state in the country? Does  anyone have any input to this new information? And pleas be nice, I am only asking for residents opinions.

As a former Kearny resident (42 years) now living in NC, I can tell you it's the best move I ever made. Property taxes - $2,000. / 4 bdrm, 3 bath, near the ocean. Car insurance - $ 650.00 yr. Mild winters / lower fuel bills. MUCH less traffic. Cleaner air. Y'all come see us, y'hear.

I Love it..This from the guys who is Guilty of EXACTLY what he's screaming about.. YOU "Fled" there ORN..why shouldnt anyone else??  You're a Hypocrite of the first order..  Now, Go cry to Kevin/James C about how we're "Mean" to you.

:unsure: YOUR RIGHT ""NOT"" i left to have more room! my dad and i was pushed out by the county growth no room for horses or the trucks my dad and i had ! things you will understand ! now thats sad because my dad was in kearny from 1904! and i was born there so who the hell are to judge me or anybody !!!! :unsure:B)

Guest Studies and Observations
:unsure: YOUR RIGHT ""NOT"" i left to have more room! my dad and i was pushed out by the county growth no room for horses or the trucks my dad and i had ! things you will understand !  now thats sad because my dad was in kearny from 1904! and i was born there so who the hell are to judge me or anybody !!!! :unsure:  B)

Got it, the Judgement is left only for YOU... You're a Hypocrite ORN pure and simple..if you're so worried about what Kearny has become then move back and do something to change it..otherwise then dont criticize someone else for moving out.

As a former Kearny resident (42 years) now living in NC, I can tell you it's the  best move I ever made.  Property taxes - $2,000. / 4 bdrm, 3 bath, near the ocean.  Car insurance - $ 650.00 yr.  Mild winters / lower fuel bills.  MUCH less traffic. Cleaner air.  Y'all come see us, y'hear.

I too moved to NC..where are you living now? Maybe we can get together. Some folks I know from Harrison live in Fla. and get together yearly to talk over old times. If there's enough of us in the NC/SC vicinity maybe we can do the same....let me know.

Kearny is no longer an affordable place to own a home. The town has nothing or little to offer for the cost to live there. People I know are either getting out before their kids go to school or just waiting for the kids to graduate so they can get out. Simple as that. What is the reason to stay? The school system is mediocre at best, the streets are dirty, Kearny Ave. is a disgrace (or laughable) I can't decide which but the trash collection is good. So people are leaving, not hard to figure out why.

As a former Kearny resident (42 years) now living in NC, I can tell you it's the  best move I ever made.  Property taxes - $2,000. / 4 bdrm, 3 bath, near the ocean.  Car insurance - $ 650.00 yr.  Mild winters / lower fuel bills.  MUCH less traffic. Cleaner air.  Y'all come see us, y'hear.

Whereabouts in NC and how close to the ocean? I'd love to find something affordable with some job possibilities near the water. Was looking at Wilmington on one site but the crime rate seems to be thru the roof. How about insurance to protect your property from hurricane damage?

Kearny is no longer an affordable place to own a home. The town has nothing or little to offer for the cost to live there.  People I know are either getting out before their kids go to school or just waiting for the kids to graduate so they can get out.  Simple as that. What is the reason to stay? The school system is mediocre at best, the streets are dirty, Kearny Ave. is a disgrace (or laughable) I can't decide which but the trash collection is good. So people are leaving, not hard to figure out why.

I totally agree. I moved out 3 months ago to lower property taxes, cleaner streets, cleaner air, less violence, neighbors I could speak to in my language... English. It just got too much for me, and I was tired of living in another country... I too grew up in Kearny, and was very sad to leave, but you know what ??? I love my new neighborhood, and will never go back. Kearny is a has been. Such a shame....................

Guest Ex-Kearnyite
Whereabouts in NC and how close to the ocean?  I'd love to find something affordable with some job possibilities near the water.  Was looking at Wilmington on one site but the crime rate seems to be thru the roof.  How about insurance to protect your property from hurricane damage?

I live in the Wilmington area, about a mile from the beach. It's a college town (UNC) with no more crime than any other city it's size. Homeowners insurance is the one thing that's expensive here, $1500. a year. But I save that much on my winter fuel bills.

I live in the Wilmington area, about a mile from the beach.  It's a college town (UNC) with no more crime than any other city it's size.  Homeowners insurance is the one thing that's expensive here, $1500. a year. But I save that much on my winter fuel bills.

Thanks for the info. does your homeowners policy cover you for hurricane and/or flood damage? If so that' really not too bad.

I live in the Wilmington area, about a mile from the beach.  It's a college town (UNC) with no more crime than any other city it's size.  Homeowners insurance is the one thing that's expensive here, $1500. a year. But I save that much on my winter fuel bills.

I'm in Sneads Ferry, NC....about 30 miles north of Wilmington. The crime and TRAFFIC is much better than in Wilmington. Costs are not as expensive either, however finding work can be a problem. The largest employer in this area is Camp LeJeune and as you know the government doesn't pay well at all. But the ocean is only 3 miles away and the hurricanes haven't really caused too much damage over the past years. Property on the ocean are very costly, but mainland properties are very affordable.........good luck

• 2 weeks later...

The old saying is true: You can take yourself out of Kearny but you cant take Kearny out of yourself. There is no better deal around and in three years the average third and fourth ward Kearny home will be worth just about a million dollars. :lol:

Guest KearnyKard
The old saying is true: You can take yourself out of Kearny but you cant take Kearny out of yourself. There is no better deal around and in three years the average third and fourth ward Kearny home will be worth just about a million dollars. :rolleyes:

You're dreaming. Housing prices have leveled off and are even dropping in many areas.

Guest Concerned
The old saying is true: You can take yourself out of Kearny but you cant take Kearny out of yourself. There is no better deal around and in three years the average third and fourth ward Kearny home will be worth just about a million dollars. :angry:

:rolleyes: Well, If you can afford the taxes on a million dollar home God Bless you, the cost of living doesn't go up like that, so those who can just get by now with the high taxes we pay will flounder and some will lose their home or be forced to sell at the a lower price, So, " THINK AGAIN"

• 1 month later...
:lol:  Well, If you can afford the taxes on a million dollar home God Bless you, the cost of living doesn't go up like that, so those who can just get by now with the high taxes we pay will flounder and some will lose their home or be forced to sell at the a lower price, So, " THINK AGAIN"

You can buy a million dollar home in Newark too! So when you moving?