kearny fires

Guest why?

thought the harrison fire chief was personna non grata. he ran the show again in your town last night and you allowed it. all that tough talk out the window.........

Guest guest Ghost Writer
thought the harrison fire chief was personna non grata. he ran the show again in your town last night and you allowed it.  all that tough talk out the window.........

In case no-one noticed, there were a multitude of fires last night (brush fires as well as a working house fire)! KFD was doing a great job of it, but they were not able to be in multiple places at once! East Newark, Harrison, Jersey City, Newark, Secaucus, Hoboken, Hudson Regional and even Rutherford were called in to help. (I may have missed some dept's- if so I apologize)

The fact that he is a County OEM coordinator may have something to do with him being so involved.

Bravo to all who busted their tails!

Guest Guest
thought the harrison fire chief was personna non grata. he ran the show again in your town last night and you allowed it.  all that tough talk out the window.........

who cares who ran what , the point of the matter is no one got hurt in any of the 3 major fires kearny had yesterday , thats y it's called mutal aid , answer me this would u been crying if he was at your burning house trying to save u or your family, come on now get a life

PS : i'll be the first to say thank u , and good job by all the fd's that help out yesterday in a time of need

Guest Concerned

quote=why?,Apr 20 2006, 08:08 AM]

thought the harrison fire chief was personna non grata. he ran the show again in your town last night and you allowed it. all that tough talk out the window.........

:lol: Excuse Me ! For your information, our FD was down in South Kearny, fighting a large fire down there, Thank God that Harrison was here, why don't you research a subject before you open your mouth! Our guys can"t be everywhere at the same time. Or would you have rather we let the fire burn?

Guest Superior Officer

Let me take a guess. You're a disgruntled Harrison firefighter who failed the last captains exam. Now your bitterness causes you to post silly little comments about your boss. You don't dare speak to him face to face but on the net you're a hero. Sorry Charlie, you get thrown back.

Guest superior officer

1- he is not county oem coordinator. and i am not a disgruntled almost captain.

i want someone to step up and tell the truth about what was said post lobsterfest...........

Guest Guest

instead of bad mouthing someone. let me say that i saw the forest street fire from almost the time it started and the kearny and harrison engines that were first in did a hell of a job containing that fire.

ENFD

Guest Guest
instead of bad mouthing someone. let me say that i saw the forest street fire from almost the time it started and the kearny and harrison engines that were first in did a hell of a job containing that fire.

ENFD

Is it true the HFD Chief fell in quick sand out in the Kearny meadows and was rescued when Kearny Firefighters noticed a Lobster BiB protruding up from the ground?

Guest Superior Officer
1- he is not county oem coordinator. and i am not a disgruntled almost captain.

i want someone to step up and tell the truth about what was said post lobsterfest...........

"i want someone to step up" ?? You want ?? LOL What you want doesn't matter, punk.

Guest Guest
Sorry Chief,

It was too creative not to post.  Hopefully, you have a sense of humor.

KOTW

wouldn't be real funny if he or some other firemen got hurt or killed doing there job would it ? maybe we could have a laugh when it's your house burning to the ground KOTW , and the jerk that wrote the post before him.how hard would a simple thanks be for these guys that put there lives on the line to protect your family and your homes ? nothing funny at all about thinking someone getting hurt in at any fire

Guest Agree
In case no-one noticed, there were a multitude of fires last night (brush fires as well as a working house fire)!  KFD was doing a great job of it, but they were not able to be in multiple places at once!  East Newark, Harrison, Jersey City, Newark, Secaucus, Hoboken, Hudson Regional and even Rutherford were called in to help.  (I may have missed some dept's- if so I apologize) 

The fact that he is a County OEM coordinator may have something to do with him being so involved.

Bravo to all who busted their tails!

The above post only speaks to how a regional fire dept. would work. It's going on anyway under the guise of "mutual aid" and regionalization would sure save the taxpayers a lot of money.

Guest Guest
The above post only speaks to how a regional fire dept. would work. It's going on anyway under the guise of "mutual aid" and regionalization would sure save the taxpayers a lot of money.

:unsure: Nothing for nothing but I was told that the Kearny Police Dept was the ones who saved the lives of the residents. KFD were running short because of there 1 day on and 3 days off. Do you think that mite have had something to do with it. Shortness of manpower? Praise those who deserve it. You mite save taxpayers money by mutual aid, but it's better to save lives. Thank God for the Kearny Police Department

Guest Big Jim C
:unsure: Nothing for nothing but I was told that the Kearny Police Dept was the ones who saved the lives of the residents. KFD were running short because of there 1 day on and 3 days off. Do you think that mite have had something to do with it. Shortness of manpower? Praise those who deserve it. You mite save taxpayers money by mutual aid, but it's better to save lives. Thank God for the Kearny Police Department

All but one KFD unite were operating at a brush fire. One fire engine responded quickly and went into operation. the shift had nothing to do with it. Nothing for nothing but the fire department can only respond as quickly as the police call them

Guest Guest

Another thing to thank Santos & crew for; 24 on and 24 off; worse deal anyone ever made for Kearny taxpayers, nice for the firemen who mostly live out of town & only have to commute 1 or 2 days per week. The Police Dept. is okay. Both may have to risk their lives at some given time, this is the down side of the career they have chosen. It's their job, hey they could be worse off and picked being a king crab fisherman.

Guest guest!!
:blink: Nothing for nothing but I was told that the Kearny Police Dept was the ones who saved the lives of the residents. KFD were running short because of there 1 day on and 3 days off. Do you think that mite have had something to do with it. Shortness of manpower? Praise those who deserve it. You mite save taxpayers money by mutual aid, but it's better to save lives. Thank God for the Kearny Police Department

Maybe they should call the Fire Department when there is a fire and the Police Department when there is a theft of lobsters!!!

of course the PD did something..... they were there first... when they realize they can't put the fire out, they call the FD sometimes 10 minutes later!!!

call 201 991 1400 FD DIRECT!!!

Guest Guest
Another thing to thank Santos & crew for; 24 on and 24 off; worse deal anyone ever made for Kearny taxpayers, nice for the firemen who mostly live out of town & only have to commute 1 or 2 days per week. The Police Dept. is okay. Both may have to risk their  lives at some given time, this is the down side of the career they have chosen. It's their job, hey they could be worse off and picked being a king crab fisherman.

I believe you meant "lobsters." (Or was that just the Harrison Chief)

Guest Guest

:(

Maybe they should call the Fire Department when there is a fire and the Police Department when there is a theft of lobsters!!!

of course the PD did something.....  they were there first...  when they realize they can't put the fire out, they call the FD    sometimes 10 minutes later!!!

call 201 991 1400  FD DIRECT!!!

;) Maybe if their was more than 1/4 of the Kearny Fire Dept on duty at one time they could save the lobsters and not leave it up to those who work. Call fire for dinner not work, 3/4's are off with other jobs. One day on and three days off must be nice when you need the manpower and we need someone to fight a fire.

Guest Guest

of course the PD did something.....  they were there first...  when they realize they can't put the fire out, they call the FD    sometimes 10 minutes later!!!

call 201 991 1400  FD DIRECT!!!

This guy is sick, criticising those who save lives. He needs help, real fast. I only hope he is the only one who thinks this way. If you are a fireman, I only hope you get the help you need. One life saved regardless by whom, should be praised.

call 201 991 1400 and let them know.

Guest Studies and Observations
This guy is sick, criticising those who save lives. He needs help, real fast. I only hope he is the only one who thinks this way. If you are a fireman, I only hope you get the help you need. One life saved regardless by whom, should be praised. 

call 201 991 1400 and let them know.

Great, now the Kearny side is going like Harrison. While there are always little squabbles between the PD and FD the majority of the time they get along pretty well. The implication that the PD would hesitate to notify fire in a situation like this is so ridiculous it isnt even funny. JUST from the liability standpoint alone, do you have any idea what kind of lawsuit it would engender?? Save the inter-service Rivalry BS for Harrison, and leave Kearny PD and Kearny FD out of it..they ALL did a darn good job in a really lousy situation.

Guest Guest

Harrison cops and firemen work together just fine, they interact often on EMS calls.

Maybe if the KFD got off their butts and pitched in with the ambulance they would learn some people skills.

Guest Guest
:o

:blink: Maybe if their was more than 1/4 of the Kearny Fire Dept on duty at one time they could save the lobsters and not leave it up to those who work. Call fire for dinner not work, 3/4's are off with other jobs. One day on and three days off must be nice when you need the manpower and we need someone to fight a fire.

Is this true???????

Archived