MANGIN GETS IT!

Guest Guest

Guest Ms. DeRay
Jim,

There's a spill in aisle 7.

Its not bashing its speaking the truth about Santos. A spill in aisle 7 means nothing. How about Santos making residents live for 5 years with SEWAGE SPILLING into their homes. And to this day my neighbor is not connected . Santos signed a agreement 1 year ago to connect three homes. PROMISE BROKEN. This weekend with all the rain my neighbor will pump out sewage with tampons and other hazardous items. Mr. Mangin was the ONLY PERSON who helped us get the pumping station. Mangin spoke out on many town council meetings to get us releive. While Santos clearly stated NO to Mangin. How can anyone object to helping residents living with a health hazard?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not bashing its speaking the truth about Santos. A spill in aisle 7 means nothing. How about  Santos making residents live for 5 years with SEWAGE SPILLING into their homes. And to this day my neighbor is not connected . Santos signed a agreement 1 year ago to connect three homes. PROMISE BROKEN. This weekend with all the rain my neighbor will pump out sewage with tampons and other hazardous items. Mr. Mangin was the ONLY PERSON  who helped us get the pumping station. Mangin spoke out on many town council meetings to get us releive. While Santos clearly stated NO to Mangin. How can anyone object to helping residents living with a health hazard?

:unsure: ms DeRay its not going to get done! not till santos is gone! i think with the power your neighbor has "trucking co" big tax payer santos is slapping them on the face for not backing him! but this will change the truth will come out and bite him "hard" :unsure:

Guest Guest
Very astute.  I think most people in Kearny still believe in the two party system.  They just believe harder (and in larger numbers) in the Democratic Party.  Same Democratic Party Mr. Mangin claims to be a member of.  Just my observation.

The difference is your observation is obviously tainted by relation to or support of the present governing.

Guest Ms. K. DeRay
:blink: ms DeRay its not going to get done! not till santos is gone! i think with the power your neighbor has "trucking co" big tax payer santos is slapping them on the face for not backing him! but this will change the truth will come out and bite him  "hard" :P

Thanks for your support along the way. Santos signed a legal agreement to connect three homes. Sounds like breach of contract.

Guest guest
Its not bashing its speaking the truth about Santos. A spill in aisle 7 means nothing. How about  Santos making residents live for 5 years with SEWAGE SPILLING into their homes. And to this day my neighbor is not connected . Santos signed a agreement 1 year ago to connect three homes. PROMISE BROKEN. This weekend with all the rain my neighbor will pump out sewage with tampons and other hazardous items. Mr. Mangin was the ONLY PERSON  who helped us get the pumping station. Mangin spoke out on many town council meetings to get us releive. While Santos clearly stated NO to Mangin. How can anyone object to helping residents living with a health hazard?

This made me change my mind over the mayor.A health hazard and this idiot does nothing!

Guest Ba** Buster
count me in. vote Mangin for Mayor.

You do realize that Santos is mayor until 2010, don't you? So are you antis starting the campaign now? This is going to get very boring and very annoying. Your timing and your strategy both su**!

Guest guest
You do realize that Santos is mayor until 2010, don't you?  So are you antis starting the campaign now?  This is going to get very boring and very annoying.  Your timing and your strategy both su**!

Oh timing is perfect everyone will remember high tax increase etc.People will keep their eyes on Santos. Are you reading the posts ? High taxes, roads not repaired etc. And what put the cherry on the cake was Santos letting those poor people live with a health hazard. The one resident stated no one helped them but Mr. Mangin.

Guest Guest
Oh  timing is perfect everyone will remember high tax increase etc.People will keep their eyes on Santos. Are you reading the posts ? High taxes, roads not repaired  etc. And what put the cherry on the cake was Santos letting those poor people live with  a  health hazard. The one resident stated no one helped them but Mr. Mangin.

All of these things were going on and he was still voted in this past November, so stop this Mangin nonsense already.

Guest guest
All of these things were going on and he was still voted in this past November, so stop this Mangin nonsense already.

It all came to a head one thing after another.Santos really screwed us. Mangin for Mayor.

Guest guest
It all came to a head one thing after another.Santos really screwed us. Mangin for Mayor.

I feel the same.We have many years to go before we get a new mayor. So lets keep a close watch on Santos and his crew. Let start posting in order how many bad decisions Santos has made for us.

Guest Guest

You cant believe anhything Santos says. I believe Mr. Mangin. He takes the time to explain. Santos just says this is tyhe way it is and thats it. I agree. Mangin for Mayor.

Very astute.  I think most people in Kearny still believe in the two party system.  They just believe harder (and in larger numbers) in the Democratic Party.  Same Democratic Party Mr. Mangin claims to be a member of.  Just my observation.

I most definately am a member of the Democratic Party. But, as I've written on this board, I think party labels are meaningless in local elections. The people in Kearny have been voting "in larger numbers" because those running have been unopposed.

By what about the Democratic Party in Kearny? Is it still the "party of inclusion" that defines the Democratic identity? No, it's not. In 2003 Mayor Santos, as Town Democratic Chairman, changed the Kearny Democratic Party to a trusteeship. This after systematically eliminating Democratic County Committeepersons that opposed him the year before.

Prior to this, decisions affecting the Democratic Party were made by the Executive Board which was comprised of the Town Chair and Vice-Chair, ward leaders, and Democratic Councilmembers. This was the system followed by previous Dem Chairmen Derek Orr, Steve Marks and Joe Campbell.

Now, decision making is by a majority of the trustees. And who exactly are the trustees? According to the Certificate of Incorporation, there are only three - Al Santos, Mary Torres and Susan McCurrie. Doesn't seem very democratic, does it?

For the record - this is NOT the Democratic Party I claim to be a member of. It's just another example of why party affiliation should be abandoned in local elections.

Jim Mangin

Guest guest

Thanks Jim for your lucid thoughts. The EMS situation is alarming. Please don't let this issue die or one of our neighbors might.

Guest Guest_voter_*
MAYOR MANGIN perfect together.

I think this time is the right time for him. Is this true he was the only one who supported the Kearny residents with the sewer water? I would think everyone would. If Mr. Mangin reads this please explain why the mayor said no to you.

Guest Guest
I think this time is the right time for him. Is this true he was the only one who supported the Kearny residents with the sewer water? I would think everyone would. If Mr. Mangin reads this please explain why the mayor said no to you.

The "right time for him". What are you talking about? You allowed Santos to be voted in and now your stuck with him for four years. Stop this silly Mayor Mangin stuff.

Guest Guest_voter_*
The "right time for him".  What are you talking about? You allowed Santos to be voted in and now your stuck with him for four years.  Stop this silly Mayor Mangin stuff.

Read the posts Santos has made many bad mistakes.I for one did not vote for him . I will not stop your so called Mayor Mangin stuff.I feel Mr. Mangin will make a good mayor. He keeps the public informed. Do you go to town meetings and question the mayor and his puppets??Would you feel better if I supported one of the puppets for mayor?

Guest Guest
Read the posts Santos has made many bad mistakes.I for one did not vote for him . I will not stop your so called Mayor Mangin stuff.I feel Mr. Mangin will make a good mayor. He keeps the public informed. Do you go to town meetings and question the mayor and his puppets??Would you feel better if I supported one of the puppets for mayor?

Are you retarded?!!?!?! Once again: Santos is in for four more years. Posting about Mangin on this board is not going to do anything.

I'd feel better if you would stop with this Mangin nonsense. He had his time on both the BOE and the Council and he did little with it.

Guest Idiotsniffer
Are you retarded?!!?!?! Once again: Santos is in for four more years.  Posting about Mangin on this board is not going to do anything.

I'd feel better if you would stop with this Mangin nonsense.  He had his time on both the BOE and the Council and he did little with it.

Who died and made you the boss of this board?

Guest Guest
I most definately am a member of the Democratic Party. But, as I've written on this board, I think party labels are meaningless in local elections. The people in Kearny have been voting "in larger numbers" because those running have been unopposed.

By what about the Democratic Party in Kearny? Is it still the "party of inclusion" that defines the Democratic identity? No, it's not. In 2003 Mayor Santos, as Town Democratic Chairman, changed the Kearny Democratic Party to a trusteeship. This after systematically eliminating Democratic County Committeepersons that opposed him the year before.

Prior to this, decisions affecting the Democratic Party were made by the Executive Board which was comprised of the Town Chair and Vice-Chair, ward leaders, and Democratic Councilmembers. This was the system followed by previous Dem Chairmen Derek Orr, Steve Marks and Joe Campbell.

Now, decision making is by a majority of the trustees. And who exactly are the trustees? According to the Certificate of Incorporation, there are only three - Al Santos, Mary Torres and Susan McCurrie. Doesn't seem very democratic, does it?

For the record - this is NOT the Democratic Party I claim to be a member of. It's just another example of why party affiliation should be abandoned in local elections.

Jim Mangin

Jim,

You have just answered the question, your party left you. Jim the Democrats nationally are worse. I'll say it to you again ALL POLITICS ARE LOCAL what you are seeing is on a smaller scale but the picture is a thousand times clearer.

Archived