Neon Information Sign,WHY?

FRANKIE

:P These are the little things that we are spending our tax dollars on, WHY do we need a neon information sign in front of town hall ? can you tell me the purpose ?

Can you also tell me how we can afford to buy that sign, keep it running and have an employee monitor it ? When we can't even afford to negotiate contracts with town employees, because there is no money in the budget. There are employees that haven't had a contract in years SO what's up . Plus, the sign looks ridiculous.The lights are too bright at night, I feel like Im down the shore .We need to put what ever tax dollars we spend on stupid things like that, to good use.

I would have also like to have been asked as a taxpayer, DO WE NEED A NEON SIGN in front of town hall. My vote would have been NO!!! The next thing we will see is the the name TOWN HALL lit up on the building. Do we want this in Kearny?

Guest Get real
:D These are the little things that we are spending our tax dollars on, WHY do we need a neon information sign in front of town hall ? can you tell me the purpose ?

Can you also tell me how we can afford to buy that sign, keep it running and have  an employee monitor it ? When we can't even afford to negotiate contracts with town employees, because there is no money in the budget. There are employees that haven't had a contract in years SO what's up . Plus, the sign looks ridiculous.The lights are too bright at night, I feel like Im down the shore .We need to put what ever tax dollars we spend on stupid things like that, to good use.

I would have also like to have been asked as a taxpayer, DO WE NEED A NEON SIGN in front of town hall. My vote would have been NO!!! The next thing we will see is the the name TOWN HALL lit up on the building. Do we want this in Kearny?

First of all, this was part of a project done with grant money and if this is your "hot topic" for the day, you must live a boring life. I love you guys who complain about bureacracy being slow to respond, but you want to be asked about every little decision and I'll bet you never show up at a single meeting. The UEZ meetings where this was decided are open to the public. Why don't you attend and give some input instead of grumbling after you leave it up to someone else?

Guest Studies and Observations
:D These are the little things that we are spending our tax dollars on, WHY do we need a neon information sign in front of town hall ? can you tell me the purpose ?

Can you also tell me how we can afford to buy that sign, keep it running and have  an employee monitor it ? When we can't even afford to negotiate contracts with town employees, because there is no money in the budget. There are employees that haven't had a contract in years SO what's up . Plus, the sign looks ridiculous.The lights are too bright at night, I feel like Im down the shore .We need to put what ever tax dollars we spend on stupid things like that, to good use.

UEZ funds..not General fund money, doesnt affect the tax base.

When was it not okay?  When YOU decided YOU didn't like it?

It was never OK. And when you realize, as North Arlington did with the sign in front of their High School, just how much it costs to maintain/repair such equipment YOU may not like it either.

Archived