Good Job Chief

Guest Barney

Now that the HPD Chief has been made permanent he can get on with restructuring the dept. He started by reassigning the Sergents. Then he replaced Police Officers with Parking Enforcement Officers in the Traffic Bureau. He then painted the cars black and white. Now, he's putting the Officers on steady shifts working 3 on and 3 off which should improve their health and decrease the amount of sick time. He's also going to apply for accreditation which will improve the morale of the department and increase their professionalism. I think the Mayor made a good choice and the citizens of Harrison will continue to have an efficient and effective PD.Keep up the good work Chief! :ph34r::P

Now that the HPD Chief has been made permanent he can get on with restructuring the dept. He started by reassigning the Sergents. Then he replaced Police Officers with Parking Enforcement Officers in the Traffic Bureau. He then painted the cars black and white. Now, he's putting the Officers on steady shifts working 3 on and 3 off which should improve their health and decrease the amount of sick time. He's also going to apply for accreditation which will improve the morale of the department and increase their professionalism. I think the Mayor made a good choice and the citizens of Harrison will continue to have an efficient and effective PD.Keep up the good work Chief! :)  :ph34r:

Thanks. Mom.

Thanks. Mom.

Well said, the Mayor needs to have the person he can trust as Department Head. He replaced a Chief that sat on his hands for 2 years. That's why his nephew wasn't considered for the job. The new Chief is innovative and not afarid to take calculated risks in order to improve the department. He is motivated and will do his best to see that it remains a service oriented department. Its not an easy job, because he must accomplish a lot with limited funding. :):P:ph34r:

Well said, the Mayor needs to have the person he can trust as Department Head. He replaced a Chief that sat on his hands for 2 years. That's why his nephew wasn't considered for the job.  The new Chief is innovative and not afarid to take calculated risks in order to improve the department. He is motivated and will do his best to see that it remains a service oriented department. Its not an easy job, because he must accomplish a lot with limited funding. :)  :P  :ph34r:

THANK YOU RONNIE .

Well said, the Mayor needs to have the person he can trust as Department Head. He replaced a Chief that sat on his hands for 2 years. That's why his nephew wasn't considered for the job.  The new Chief is innovative and not afarid to take calculated risks in order to improve the department. He is motivated and will do his best to see that it remains a service oriented department. Its not an easy job, because he must accomplish a lot with limited funding. :)  :P  :ph34r:

nice comment detective marco? :lol::P

Well said, the Mayor needs to have the person he can trust as Department Head. He replaced a Chief that sat on his hands for 2 years. That's why his nephew wasn't considered for the job.  The new Chief is innovative and not afarid to take calculated risks in order to improve the department. He is motivated and will do his best to see that it remains a service oriented department. Its not an easy job, because he must accomplish a lot with limited funding. :lol:  B)  :ph34r:

then why not test for the positio? whay fears have you?risks?select furniture for his office. okay! steady shifts? what a joke that will be just like the unlimited sick.houston......we have a problem :P:P:P:D

i yet to see the morale up, only for a selected few of course, the tit huggers. :P:P again houston we have a problem! :)

SANTA PLEASE BRING HIM A SOUL.

MOM, Please !! That's enough.

then why not test for the positio? whay fears have you?risks?select furniture for his office. okay! steady shifts? what a joke that will be just like the unlimited sick.houston......we have a problem :lol:  :P  :P  :P

i yet to see the morale up, only for a selected few of course, the tit huggers. :)  :P again houston we have a problem! :ph34r:

SANTA PLEASE BRING HIM A SOUL.

Yet Kearny PD has always had unlimited sick, as well as steady shifts since around 1993 or so, and THEY dont seem to have the problems that you all here keep wringing your hands over.

Yet Kearny PD has always had unlimited sick, as well as steady shifts since around 1993 or so, and THEY dont seem to have the problems that you all here keep wringing your hands over.

Why test for the positions? I hear that their going to do away with Civil Service with the PBA's ok. Then they will just choose the next Capt. Lt. and Sergeant from their best boys list like they did Chief and Deputy Chief. Too bad for the computer man, he's not on the best boys list. :rolleyes: Then maybe Marko can be a Sgt.

Why test for the positions? I hear that their going to do away with Civil Service with the PBA's ok. Then they will just choose the next Capt. Lt. and Sergeant from their best boys list like they did Chief and Deputy Chief. Too bad for the computer man, he's not on the best boys list. :rolleyes: Then maybe Marko can be a Sgt.

stop talkin out of your ass, hfd has no chance if they do away with civil service. besides, who's to say those special boys aren't already selected? if i was richie i would worry now, vanilla ice is gaining on his ass. billy stay out please!

Guest Superior Officer
Why test for the positions? I hear that their going to do away with Civil Service with the PBA's ok. Then they will just choose the next Capt. Lt. and Sergeant from their best boys list like they did Chief and Deputy Chief. Too bad for the computer man, he's not on the best boys list. B) Then maybe Marko can be a Sgt.

Just to set the record straight, a town cannot opt out of Civil Service. The ONLY way a town can get out of Civil Service is through a referendum. The towns people would decide by vote to keep or discontinue its affiliation with Civil Service. This law is in place to prevent any mayor or council from using as a bargaining tool the threat of doing away with it.

Just to set the record straight, a town cannot opt out of Civil Service. The ONLY way a town can get out of Civil Service is through a referendum. The towns people would decide by vote to keep or discontinue its affiliation with Civil Service.  This law is in place to prevent any mayor or council from using as a bargaining tool the threat of doing away with it.

Yea right, they just manipulate the list, or call 1 guy up to the Mayor's office and tell him not to file for the Chief's test s and they will make him a Deputy Chief without a test. They have a one in 3 rule that lets them pick who they want if they don't like the number 1 guy. :P The guys on the top of the Capt.---Lt.--and Sgt. lists better be good I'm telling you why cause Santa Claus may not come to town. :PB)

stop talkin out of your ass, hfd has no chance if they do away with civil service. besides, who's to say those special boys aren't already selected? if i was richie i would worry now, vanilla ice is gaining on his ass. billy stay out please!

who is vanilla ice?

Yea right, they just manipulate the list, or call 1 guy up to the Mayor's office and tell him not to file for the Chief's test s and they will make him a Deputy Chief without a test. They have a one in 3 rule that lets them pick who they want if they don't like the number 1 guy. :( The guys on the top of the Capt.---Lt.--and Sgt. lists better be good I'm telling you why cause Santa Claus may not come to town. B)  :lol:

NOT ONLY DID THEY NOT ALLOW THE CAPTAINS TO TEST FOR THE CHIEF'S POSITION FOR FEAR THAT THEIR GUY WOULD COME OUT LAST, NOW THE POLTICAL CHIEF HAS TRANSFERRED 1 OF THE CAPTAINS TO THE NIGHT SHIFT IN RETALIATION FOR HIS OPPOSITION. :angry::ph34r::(

Guest RAINMAN
NOT ONLY DID THEY NOT ALLOW THE CAPTAINS TO TEST FOR THE CHIEF'S POSITION FOR FEAR THAT THEIR GUY WOULD COME OUT LAST, NOW THE POLTICAL CHIEF HAS TRANSFERRED 1 OF THE CAPTAINS TO THE NIGHT SHIFT IN RETALIATION FOR HIS OPPOSITION.  :angry:  :lol:  B)

SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER "WHISTELBLOWER" LAWSUIT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE.

THEN HE WOULD GET CHOICE OF THE STAND PLUS $$$$$$$. :ph34r:

SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER "WHISTELBLOWER" LAWSUIT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE.

THEN HE WOULD GET CHOICE OF THE STAND PLUS $$$$$$$. :(

both captains will be swinging on the midnight.

guess thta's what happens when you march to the beat of your own drum?

sorry charlie! i hear you need to be vocal around here.

both captains will be swinging on the midnight.

guess thta's what happens when you march to the beat of your own drum?

sorry charlie! i hear you need to be vocal around here.

The Police Chief has the perogative to make transfers to increase the efficiency of the PD. With the switch to steady shifts in January, there was a need for a command presence on the evening shifts. There is already enough command presence on the day shift with the Chief, Deputy Chief and Lieutenants available.

Leaving the Captains on the day shift would have been inefficient.

Good JOb Chief. :blink:

The Police Chief has the perogative to make transfers to increase the efficiency of the PD. With the switch to steady shifts in January, there was a need for a command presence on the evening shifts. There is already enough command presence on the day shift with the Chief, Deputy Chief and Lieutenants available.

Leaving the Captains on the day shift would have been inefficient.

Good JOb Chief. :blink:

Thank's Ray, did I do good ??

Archived