Staff Sergeant Edward Karolasz

Guest Henry J. Magee

Guest Henry J. Magee

It has come to my attention that a war protest is in the works to be held during the funeral service for Staff Sergeant Edward Karolasz.

This is an open letter to those that would participate in such an activity.

For those that intend to disrupt this solumn occasion by protesting the war I have only this to say:

Edward did not start this war. He merely served as called to do. Weather you support the war or not, his death is a tragedy regardless.

The intent of the human chain being organized along Kearny Avenue is to Honor one of Kearny's youths who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to his country.

The family surely grieves the loss of a son and brother. Your intended actions on this day will only succeed in making what is already a difficult time for family and friends more tragic by turning what is intended to honor Edward and show support for the family into a circus that will serve no political gain.

Your protest on this date will not end the war, nor will it prevent further deaths of our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Let Edward and his family spend their last moments together without incident as they escourt this brave youth to his final resting place.

Henry J. Magee

I was in a local bussiness the other night I heard something that totally floored me a woman had just read the flyer that was put out about the human chain honoring Edward and her words were and I quote..........."This is a bit to much I think these people are over doing it " I coulnd't beleive my ears I had my children with me and we know this person quite well.

My son was quite confused so I told him opinions are like an a***hole and everyone has one. Now I read about this war protest I can only hope and pray it's just an ugly rumor.

Lady I hope you thank good everyday that you can see your children everyday. I couldn't imagine my life without my chldren.

Guest Alan Jacques
It has come to my attention that a war protest is in the works to be held during the funeral service for Staff Sergeant Edward Karolasz.

This is an open letter to those that would participate in such an activity.

For those that intend to disrupt this solumn occasion by protesting the war I have only this to say:

Edward did not start this war. He merely served as called to do. Weather you support the war or not, his death is a tragedy regardless.

The intent of the human chain being organized along Kearny Avenue is to Honor one of Kearny's youths who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to his country.

The family surely grieves the loss of a son and brother. Your intended actions on this day will only succeed in making what is already a difficult time for family and friends more tragic by turning what is intended to honor Edward and show support for the family into a circus that will serve no political gain.

Your protest on this date will not end the war, nor will it prevent further deaths of our soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Let Edward and his family spend their last moments together without incident as they escourt this brave youth to his final resting place.

Henry J. Magee

I can not agree more with this!! We must be greatfull for the men and women who pay the ultimate cost!

I dissagree with the war, but my protest is with George W Bush! Let us honer Edward and sat Gods speed! No greater love has a man, then to give his life for a frend! God Bless You!!

Guest George Burdell

I couldn't agree more with the thought that today was not the time or place for protest or dissent but the time to honor the fallen and support his family.

Now, I think it's time for everyone that was present at today's service to multiply it over 2000 times in their mind and ask why? To what purpose? Please don't make the mistake of thinking the only way to honor Edward is to kill more young Americans.

He's gone, for him we can only express our thanks and respect and offer our support to his family in the dark days to come.

If you believe this war to be wrong then DO SOMETHING! Write your elected officials and tell them in no uncertain terms we will no longer sacrifice our children to support selfish interests.

15/19 hijackers were from Saudi-Arabia, Saudi-Arabia has one of the most oppressive regimes in the world, the democracy Bush claims to be spreading does not exist there yet members of the Saudi royal family continue to be guests of the White House.

We should always be willing to defend America's principles and ideals but we should NEVER sacrifice our people to support narrow minded interests.

Curious...........despite how the war started, it started and we are now where we are. What is your solution for what we should do now? Right now?

I couldn't agree more with the thought that today was not the time or place for protest or dissent but the time to honor the fallen and support his family.

Now, I think it's time for everyone that was present at today's service to multiply it over 2000 times in their mind and ask why?  To what purpose?  Please don't make the mistake of thinking the only way to honor Edward is to kill more young Americans.

He's gone, for him we can only express our thanks and respect and offer our support to his family in the dark days to come.

If you believe this war to be wrong then DO SOMETHING!  Write your elected officials and tell them in no uncertain terms we will no longer sacrifice our children to support selfish interests.

15/19 hijackers were from Saudi-Arabia, Saudi-Arabia has one of the most oppressive regimes in the world, the democracy Bush claims to be spreading does not exist there yet members of the Saudi royal family continue to be guests of the White House.

We should always be willing to defend America's principles and ideals but we should NEVER sacrifice our people to support narrow minded interests.

Guest George Burdell
Curious...........despite how the war started, it started and we are now where we are. What is your solution for what we should do now? Right now?

You're right, we cannot just pull out and leave the Iraqis with the mess we created but I believe we must transfer responsibility to the Iraqis as quickly as possible, owhere in our Constitution are we tasked with remsaking the world in the image of the US. Saddam is gone, let the Iraqi people bear the cost in blood, labor, and $ of shaping their country, I'd like to see our participation limited to humanitarian efforts instead of having comvicted felons awarding no-bid contracts to Haliburton et al. I can't think of anything more un-American than supporting and financing a nation's constitution that specifies a state religion.

No doubt Saddam was extremely oppreesive but the same can said of at least 10-15 current leaders of other countries, I don't believe we have the resources to cure all the world's ills.

What bothers me about Iraq is there's no evidence of it's relationship with the 9/11 attacks, the alleged reason for starting this war.

Now, I think it's time for everyone that was present at today's service to multiply it over 2000 times in their mind and ask why?  To what purpose?  Please don't make the mistake of thinking the only way to honor Edward is to kill more young Americans.

If you believe this war to be wrong then DO SOMETHING!  Write your elected officials and tell them in no uncertain terms we will no longer sacrifice our children to support selfish interests.

What better place to take these savage animals on than in Iraq? We need a battle ground to lure them into a kill them. Where would you prefer it be done?

The problem is that instead of the military being allowed to go full force the government holds them back because of the political correctness that has taken over this country. This attitude puts all of the military personnel at even greater risk and prolongs the job.

Guest George Burdell
What better place to take these savage animals on than in Iraq?  We need a battle ground to lure them into a kill them.  Where would you prefer it be done?

The problem is that instead of the military being allowed to go full force the government holds them back because of the political correctness that has taken over this country.  This attitude puts all of the military personnel at even greater risk and prolongs the job.

Where are the "savage animals" you wish to lure? The last figure I heard was well over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed. Sure some may have been Islamic zealots but I would bet the vast majority are just every day people trying to make their way in the world.

Don't believe that zealots only exist in other countries, do some research and look up the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka Kansas.

Like it or not iraq was a soverign nation, our unprovoked attack can well be viewed as an act of terrorism by the rest of the worlkd, that's right, UNPROVOKED, the country of Iraq did not attack the US.

Read the report of the 9/11 commission, the degree of our protection from terrorist attack has lessened contrary to the stated purpose of this war.

Where are the "savage animals" you wish to lure?  The last figure I heard was well over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed.  Sure some may have been Islamic zealots but I would bet the vast majority are just every day people trying to make their way in the world.

Don't believe that zealots only exist in other countries, do some research and look up the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka Kansas. 

Like it or not iraq was a soverign nation, our unprovoked attack can well be viewed as an act of terrorism by the rest of the worlkd, that's right, UNPROVOKED, the country of Iraq did not attack the US.

Read the report of the 9/11 commission, the degree of our protection from terrorist attack has lessened contrary to the stated purpose of this war.

The animals are coming from all over the Middle East and Asia to cause problems in Iraq. The military is there to exterminate them. But, because of people like you they have to do it with one hand tied behind their back. That's part of why the soldiers are in more danger than they need to be. Where would you prefer to have the battle? Maybe here.

Unprovoked attack!?!?! He was begging for it. Saddam has been provoking the US and the rest of the world for years but I guess you don't believe in standing up for anyone else either. And, I'd hardly call Saddam's Iraq a sovereign nation.

I'm not interested in a partisan report. The US Military is killing thousands of terrorists and would-be terrorists and that's a good start and it may as well be in Iraq.

Other than Japan I can't think of any other countries that directly attacked the US. Does that mean we should just sit back and let anything go? You should do some research, the US Military has killed far less civilians in Iraq than you state. They put their own lives at risk to avoid civilian casualties. It's a war zone and people are going to get killed. In the end I'll bet the US Military causes only a tiny fraction of the civilian casualties compared to what Saddam and your so-called Islamic Freedom Fighters cause.

I guess you thought Clinton's little war in Kosovo was justified though.

<<Unprovoked attack!?!?!  He was begging for it. Saddam has been provoking the US and the rest of the world for years but I guess you don't believe in standing up for anyone else either.  And, I'd hardly call Saddam's Iraq a sovereign nation.>>

Not a sovereign nation?  What would you call it?  And if the rest of the world was provoked why didn't we insist the UN take action?  Or expose it for the ineffective sham it appears to be?

<<I'm not interested in a partisan report.  The US Military is killing thousands of terrorists and would-be terrorists and that's a good start and it may as well be in Iraq.>>

If you're not interested in a partisan report why do you write one?

<<Other than Japan I can't think of any other countries that directly attacked the US.  Does that mean we should just sit back and let anything go? You should do some research, the US Military has killed far less civilians in Iraq than you state.  They put their own lives at risk to avoid civilian casualties.  It's a war zone and people are going to get killed.  In the end I'll bet the US Military causes only a tiny fraction of the civilian casualties compared to what Saddam and your so-called Islamic Freedom Fighters cause.>>

I can't think of a country other than Japan that directly attacked the US either and that INCLUDES IRAQ, we even supported Iraq during its war with Iran and Afghanistan vs. Russia.  That's my whole point, if war is a retaliation for 9/11 why don't we go after the source in Saudi Arabia, the home of the majority of attackers and Osama Bin Laden and certainly a country much in need of Bush's so called spreading of democracy.  Your statement "Islamic Freedom Fighters" exposes your bias, I never called them Islamic Freedom Fighters and they're  not, they are zealots  much like the crusaders who would kill for no other reason than the "my god is better than your god" argument, the cause of much death and suffering throughout history.  this has nothing to do with Islam.  And now we would support a country with a state religion, a concept totally foreign to American values.

<<I guess you thought Clinton's little war in Kosovo was justified though.>>

If I recall correctly "Clinton's little war" was actually the UN's little war.

Where are the "savage animals" you wish to lure?  The last figure I heard was well over 100,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed.  Sure some may have been Islamic zealots but I would bet the vast majority are just every day people trying to make their way in the world.

The 9/11 commission what a joke. Why didn't they investigate the report of able danger. They knew about Attha being in the country two years before 9/11.

Guest George Burdell
The 9/11 commission what a joke. Why didn't they investigate the report of able danger. They knew about Attha being in the country two years before 9/11.

More importantly, why wasn't this followed up prior to 9/11?

Guest George Burdell
Here's a deliberate attempt to steer this topic back to its important subject - Staff Sergeant Edward Karolasz (a former Kearny Shop Rite employee).

Here's a link showing how he is being honored by the State of New Jersey.

Believe me. No one enjoys a debate more than me. But please, debate the war in a separate post.

Thank you.

Jim Mangin

You are right, believe me, I have the utmost respect for Sgt. Karolasz and did not mean in any way to detract from his sacrifice.

I do however have some very serious questions about the government's actions, I think I will attempt to start a thread titled "Why Iraq/"

<<Unprovoked attack!?!?!  He was begging for it. Saddam has been provoking the US and the rest of the world for years but I guess you don't believe in standing up for anyone else either.  And, I'd hardly call Saddam's Iraq a sovereign nation.>>

Not a sovereign nation?  What would you call it?  And if the rest of the world was provoked why didn't we insist the UN take action?  Or expose it for the ineffective sham it appears to be?

<<I'm not interested in a partisan report.  The US Military is killing thousands of terrorists and would-be terrorists and that's a good start and it may as well be in Iraq.>>

If you're not interested in a partisan report why do you write one?

<<Other than Japan I can't think of any other countries that directly attacked the US.  Does that mean we should just sit back and let anything go? You should do some research, the US Military has killed far less civilians in Iraq than you state.  They put their own lives at risk to avoid civilian casualties.  It's a war zone and people are going to get killed.  In the end I'll bet the US Military causes only a tiny fraction of the civilian casualties compared to what Saddam and your so-called Islamic Freedom Fighters cause.>>

I can't think of a country other than Japan that directly attacked the US either and that INCLUDES IRAQ, we even supported Iraq during its war with Iran and Afghanistan vs. Russia.  That's my whole point, if war is a retaliation for 9/11 why don't we go after the source in Saudi Arabia, the home of the majority of attackers and Osama Bin Laden and certainly a country much in need of Bush's so called spreading of democracy.  Your statement "Islamic Freedom Fighters" exposes your bias, I never called them Islamic Freedom Fighters and they're  not, they are zealots  much like the crusaders who would kill for no other reason than the "my god is better than your god" argument, the cause of much death and suffering throughout history.  this has nothing to do with Islam.  And now we would support a country with a state religion, a concept totally foreign to American values.

<<I guess you thought Clinton's little war in Kosovo was justified though.>>

If I recall correctly "Clinton's little war" was actually the UN's little war.

The war is not retaliation for 9/11. The war came about because Sadam refused to follow the UN's ruling. And, Saudi Arabia does not support terrorists. Terrorists are prosecuted and executed in Saudi Arabia.

I don't expect you to comprehend these things. If you think that Kosovo was fought by UN troops you're pretty naive. Tell that to the US Pilots, Seamen, and Troops that were there. The UN can't get out of it's own way, let alone fight a war.

By the way, who do you think finances and provides all of the military material to the UN?

Archived