K H S Security

Onetwothree

Friday night at the High School they had a battle of the bands, what I saw outside really got me beyond annoyed kids all around the school smoking dope. I went to the the school the other day I had to sign my name every where AND show ID that they copied down if the inside security can be so good where is the outside security. People are worried about peanuts in school what about the god D*** drugs??

Guest Miss Crabtree
Friday night at the High School they had a battle of the bands, what I saw outside really got me beyond annoyed kids all around the school smoking dope. I went to the the school the other day I had to sign my name every where AND show ID that they copied down if the inside security can be so good where is the outside security. People are worried about peanuts in school what about the god D*** drugs??

You know whose kids they were dear??

That will answer your question.

Guest protect your children

If you would take some time and speak with Mr. Lynch. (the head security officer) I'm sure he will give you an ear full. The security team does an excelent job but the board refuses to support their efforts in securing the entire school area. Mr. Lynch is a former KPD employee and knows his job . All he needs now is some support from the board. Mr lynch has set up an ID system at hardly no cost to the board. The secruity unit needs support from the comunity they do a good job. Ask some of the teachers.

I happen to know Andy and I have no problem within the school I want to know why when there is an event at the school that a uniformed cop is not out front, after anything at P.B.C a cop is always out front. It doesn't take up that much time for an officer to sit out front. My son no longer wants to attend school functions which is a shame. If a cop can't be out front then maybe some of us parents should get together and keep an eye out.

Guest No surprise

That's a surprise since the drug of choice in KHS is coke.

I happen to know Andy and I have no problem within the school I want to know why when there is an event at the school that a uniformed cop is not out front, after anything at P.B.C  a cop is always out front. It doesn't take up that much time for an officer to sit out front. My son no longer wants to attend school functions which is a shame. If a cop can't be out front then maybe some of us parents should get together and keep an eye out.

You would be much better off if you would allow trained individuals to be on the street around the high school. Andy's security unit would handle this much better then well meaning parents. Attend a board meeting and ask why this situation is not being addressed. remember your children are subject to possible drug use. Temptation comes in meny forms. Do the right thing.

Oh I will be making calls the school security can't be everywhere I understand that. But I have to admit it's a sad day when we need that much security in the school and yes I know times have changed. I was a K H S student myself many years ago.........it's just a shame how things and prople have to change. I just hope more parents feel the way I do and attend meetings about this issue. My child is a freshman we didn't have this kind problems in the lower grades unless I never saw it.

Oh I will be making calls the school security can't be everywhere I understand that. But I have to admit it's a sad day when we need that much security in the school and yes I know times have changed. I was a K H S student myself many years ago.........it's just a shame how things and prople have to change. I just hope more parents feel the way I do and attend meetings about this issue. My child is a freshman we didn't have this kind problems in the lower grades unless I never saw it.

Years ago the problem was much worse. "lower grades"? This was the high school, what are you talking about?

Archived