Mismanagement ??

Guest Senior Harrisonian

Guest Senior Harrisonian

As a long time resident I have to wonder about the current management (mayor and council) of this town. This $40,000,000 of new debt to build a soccer stadium is way beyond anyone's sense of logic.

The arrogance of shoving this down the throats of the taxpayers without a referendum to see what the people want is just unbelieveable.

And apparently the town council voted UNANIMOUSLY to approve this $40,000,000 in new debt !! AMAZING !!

What is the sense of having a town council ( whose function is to determine policy and contron town spending) if they won't do their job ?? I find it very hard to believe that NOT ONE council person voted against this $40,000,000 in new debt.

I only hope there are a lot of voters in this town that agree with me and will throw these people out of office in the next election.

As a long time resident I have to wonder about the current management (mayor and council) of this town. This $40,000,000 of new debt to build a soccer stadium is way beyond anyone's sense of logic.

The arrogance of shoving this down the throats of the taxpayers without a referendum to see what the people want is just unbelieveable.

And apparently the town council voted UNANIMOUSLY to approve this $40,000,000 in new debt !!  AMAZING !!

What is the sense of having a town council ( whose function is to determine policy and contron town spending) if they won't do their job ??  I find it very hard to believe that NOT ONE council person voted against this $40,000,000  in new debt.

I only hope there are a lot of voters in this town that agree with me and will throw these people out of office in the next election.

I hope you remember that Doran was one of the sheep that voted for this fiasco. :lol: And he is thinking about running for Mayor. Maybe he should run in Provincetown.

I hope you remember that Doran was one of the sheep that voted for this fiasco.  And he is thinking about running for Mayor. Maybe he should run in Provincetown.
Good Point

I hope you remember that Doran was one of the sheep that voted for this fiasco.  B) And he is thinking about running for Mayor. Maybe he should run in Provincetown.

I don’t know here. Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad thing if Doran ran for Mayor of Harrison.

Think about it. Maybe he could import some of that “Pride” in Provincetown to the Town of Harrison.

God knows, we all know that Harrison could use a little of that! No argument there folks, right?

Guest Senior Harrisonion
I don’t know here.  Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad thing if Doran ran for Mayor of Harrison.

Think about it. Maybe he could import some of that “Pride” in Provincetown to the Town of Harrison.

God knows, we all know that Harrison could use a little of that!  No argument there folks, right?

The people of Harrison can take a giant step next election.We need to unite against this mayor and council that can give a good s-it about all of us. We need to talk to our neighbors and friends about the need to clean house next year.

We need to send a message that it's pay-back time next election. They want to put $40,000,000 on the backs of the taxpayers without asking us what we think about it, well next year we'll sure tell them what we think about it !!

I don’t know here. Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad thing if Doran ran for Mayor of Harrison.

God knows, we all know that Harrison could use a little of that! No argument there folks, right?

And what If you don't vote for him he'll kick the crap out of me!? Like he did **** **********!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest 2smart4u
I don’t know here.  Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad thing if Doran ran for Mayor of Harrison.

God knows, we all know that Harrison could use a little of that!  No argument there folks, right?

"WOULDN'T BE A BAD THING " ?? Did he not vote for the $40,000,000 loan ?? Has anyone asked him what was he thinking ?? Electing ANY COUNCILMAN to be mayor would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. This town needs a new, clean slate. We need a mayor and council that will open up the council meetings to include a public hearing at the beginning of each meeting, a time when residents can stand up and voice their opinions and thoughts that concern them and the town. We need a mayor and council that will bring spending plans before the voters for their opinions.

We need a mayor and council that will understand "Government By The People And For The People".

And folks, we all know that we're sure not going to get that from this group of self-serving cronies. It's up to us to save ourselves, we'll see if we're up to it .

Archived