Fall sports in Harrison

Guest Bingo

Guest Bingo

I realize that the riverpark townhome project is well underway with the demolition of JFK stadium and the construction on the high school and high school field is moving ahead as well but... has anyone questioned what will happen if the new facility is not built in time? It certainly looks as if it wont be. What happens to the youth of the town??

Rec programs that used to play and practice at JFK have no where to go.

High school teams such as three levels of boys soccer, three levels of football, and three levels of girls soccer. Do they intend to practice at west hudson park? Last I checked there were no lights at WHpark so night practices as out of the question. So you have Nine high school teams, two rec teams, one field -the double diamond that is in horrible shape with no lights giving all 11 teams from 330pm until dark (about 530PM in the fall) two hours to practice. Wow if that is not short changing the kids I dont know what is.

The saddest thing is not one parent is questioning this. If this were another community where people were involved in the lives of their children It would be on every front page. But instead people on this site complain about SGT Steve, the Cheerleaders, and a girl with asthma in the gardens.

You get what you allow.

You have allowed the Mayor's ambition for this town home redevolpment to harm your children. Your kids lose on this one, noone else.

How can you knock down the only recreation facility in town BEFORE the new one is built.

Do you know why?

Because the mayor knows that none of you NONE OF YOU are ever going to complain. That makes you saps. and your kids suffer because of it.

Where is HINCY FOR MAYOR on this issue?

Can we get a council person to respond to this and really sign his name?

Sherry does it all the time on the kearny side.

How about the mayor? Maybe he can write because we sure know he cannot speak (I was at the riverpark thing at the pac and he brought that event to a screeching halt)

Prediction: the towns people will do nothing.

They will vote him in as long as he wants.

He has no respect for any of the south americans who populate the town because you dont vote to dont organize yourselfs and you sure dont read this website.

Blame him or higgins or whomever...

but you only have yourself to blame for allowing bad things to happen to your town.

Guest peter dicgozinha
I realize that the riverpark townhome project is well underway with the demolition of JFK stadium and the construction on the high school and high school field is moving ahead as well but... has anyone questioned what will happen if the new facility is not built in time?  It certainly looks as if it wont be.  What happens to the youth of the town??

Rec programs that used to play and practice at JFK have no where to go.

High school teams such as three levels of boys soccer, three levels of football, and three levels of girls soccer.  Do they intend to practice at west hudson park?  Last I checked there were no lights at WHpark so night practices as out of the question.  So you have Nine high school teams, two rec teams, one field -the double diamond that is in horrible shape with no lights giving all 11 teams from 330pm until dark (about 530PM in the fall)  two hours to practice.  Wow if that is not short changing the kids I dont know what is.

The saddest thing is not one parent is questioning this.  If this were another community where people were involved in the lives of their children It would be on every front page.  But instead people on this site complain about SGT Steve, the Cheerleaders, and a girl with asthma in the gardens. 

You get what you allow.

You have allowed the Mayor's ambition for this town home redevolpment to harm your children.  Your kids lose on this one, noone else.

How can you knock down the only recreation facility in town BEFORE the new one is built.

Do you know why?

Because the mayor knows that none of you NONE OF YOU are ever going to complain.  That makes you saps. and your kids suffer because of it.

Where is HINCY FOR MAYOR on this issue?

Can we get a council person to respond to this and really sign his name?

Sherry does it all the time on the kearny side.

How about the mayor?  Maybe he can write because we sure know he cannot speak (I was at the riverpark thing at the pac and he brought that event to a screeching halt)

Prediction:  the towns people will do nothing.

They will vote him in as long as he wants.

He has no respect for any of the south americans who populate the town because you dont vote to dont organize yourselfs and you sure dont read this website.

Blame him or higgins or whomever...

but you only have yourself to blame for allowing bad things to happen to your town.

Guest peter dicgozinha

hey bingo 1st of all isnt harrisons motto who gives a shit? second of all if they did shit right people in this town wouldnt have anything to write about. third, if it was up to this mickey mouse recreation department there would be no football or baseball for the kids,they would rather get paid to sit on their asses.

Archived