West hudson Park and Devon Street

Guest Driver

Guest Driver

This will be posted i both the Kearny section and the Harrison section, only because some people dont know which town this area belongs to. The intersection of Devon Street and Woodland Ave (The top of the Park) is THE MOST dangerous intersection in the area. Half the time you cannot see if cares are comming from 2 directions. There is only a 2 way stop sign. Why isnt there a 4 way stop sign?? Do we honestly have to wait for an innocent pedestrian/driver to be brutally mauled down by another car? I think not. Whatever town wants to be the bigger party and claim responsibility for this part of the street. Whenever you call the department of streets noone wants to take responsibility for that section. Lets get something done before we have to go to an unexpected funeral.

This will be posted i both the Kearny section and the Harrison section, only because some people dont know which town this area belongs to. The intersection of Devon Street and Woodland Ave (The top of the Park) is THE MOST dangerous intersection in the area. Half the time you cannot see if cares are comming from 2 directions. There is only a 2 way stop sign. Why isnt there a 4 way stop sign?? Do we honestly have to wait for an innocent pedestrian/driver to be brutally mauled down by another car? I think not. Whatever town wants to be the bigger party and claim responsibility for this part of the street. Whenever you call the department of streets noone wants to take responsibility for that section. Lets get something done before we have to go to an unexpected funeral.

I believe the intersection in question is in Kearny, look at a map and find out.

Guest Guest

Yea Mr. Harrison, I believe it's in Harrison too. Afterall the majority (if not all) of the park is in Harrison. The intersection is pretty much the beginning of the park. I'm not sure... the maps online don't show the boundaries. I suppose you have to check at town hall. I agree that the intersection is very dangerous.

Guest average joe

I have personally seen 2 accidents at this intersection and yes it is a very dangerous place. Cars at the stop sign have to creep about 20 feet past it to see if their are any one flying by in the other direction. In the land of obscure streetlights(Harrison) this is one place where it is really needed. This is not an accusation against anyone only and avg Joe hoping to solve a serious accident before it happens

Guest Driver
Driver why don't you & Mr. Harrison take turns directing traffic if you want to do something about it.

You're probably one of the dingbats that work for the town, but dont live in the town, and you dont want to hear about it anymore.

Guest Driver

Since the border line is between the two towns. Maybe some town official should be the "man" or "woman" and have a four way stop put up with road bumps to warn drivers of the newly added stop signs. I know for sure that many people would vote for you in the next election if you were to provide for our safety and have something done with that corner. To save on expense put stop signs, to really make a difference put up a traffic light. :blink: You are sure to get my vote and many others on the next election if you can pull through with this plan. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Driver

Once again tonight, there were so many cars parked by this intersection, including "double parkers" waiting for the volleyball players to clean up, that you could even see if there was a car comming in the oppsite direction. Its a shame this are is left so unfinished. Election time is comming and what are they going to do to insure our safety??

Guest Guest
Once again tonight, there were so many cars parked by this intersection, including "double parkers" waiting for the volleyball players to clean up, that you could even see if there was a car comming in the oppsite direction. Its a shame this are is left so unfinished. Election time is comming and what are they going to do to insure our safety??

Why didn't you call the police on the "double parkers"? You should realize by now that you have to insure your own safety because these politicians could give a rats ass about you and your safety! Vote for M. Chuckie!

Archived