Abbot Money

Guest One Who Knows

Guest One Who Knows

As reported in the Ledger, Harrison is on the list to lose $7 million of state aid. It is 33% of the education budget. Harrison alsoreceives over 3 million in dostressed city aid. What is the Mayor going to do when this aid is eliminated. I forsee a big tax increase of several thousand dollars per home. Those people who are putting money down on preconstruction condos better think about their investment. Sell your house now before the increases take place or you will take a big hit.

Guest Miss Crabtree
As reported in the Ledger, Harrison is on the list to lose $7 million of state aid. It is 33% of the education budget. Harrison alsoreceives over 3 million in dostressed city aid. What is the Mayor going to do when this aid is eliminated. I forsee a big tax increase of several thousand dollars per home.  Those people who are putting money down on preconstruction condos better think about their investment. Sell your house now before the increases take place or you will take a big hit.

The Abbott funds will be phased out over four years.

Enough teachers and administrators can't retire that fast.

BIG tax hike coming if the funds are taken.

The state probably figures we have a ton of money for re-developement , we can support our own school district--ther's a thought--taking care of your own instead of being on the dole to make a select few dozen people rich ;);)

Guest Guest

Take away the aid... should have happened a long time ago. I still believe unconstitutional. NJ, please take it away ASAP. I want you to think about how this can only be a positive for Harrison. It's like allowance money. And if anybody on the BOE reads this board, I welcome comments and look forward to a great discussion. Of course, we'll disregard and will not reply to any useless garbage items in this discussion link. And no reference to tax increase as it also does not apply. (of course that will be everyone's initial reaction).

Guest Educator

How can you say a tax increase doesn'y apply? How do you make up 7 million in aid for the schools and 3.5 million in aid for the Town? You would have to lay off a lot of teachers, fireman, cops and Town workers to make up that kind of money. If a Republican wins the Governors race Harrison will be up shit's creek without a paddle. ;)

Guest Guest
Take away the aid... should have happened a long time ago. I still believe unconstitutional. NJ, please take it away ASAP. I want you to think about how this can only be a positive for Harrison. It's like allowance money. And  if anybody on the BOE reads this board, I welcome comments and look forward to a great discussion. Of course, we'll disregard and will not reply to any useless garbage items in this discussion link. And no reference to tax increase as it also does not apply. (of course that will be everyone's initial reaction).

What will happen to all the FREE daycare centers in town? Does it mean no more free rides? wow people are going to have to pay like I do, and not get FREE ride.

Guest guest
How can you say a tax increase doesn'y apply? How do you make up 7 million in aid for the schools and 3.5 million in aid for the Town? You would have to lay off a lot of teachers, fireman, cops and Town workers to make up that kind of money. If a Republican wins the Governors race Harrison will be up shit's creek without a paddle. :blink:

isn't it already?

Guest Guest

It's a shame because there are some people who truly deserve some help from the state, but it's the people who abuse it that ruin in for everyone. For example, the 3 & 4 year olds in this town can go to school (day care) for free while most of the parents sit home and do nothing all day. Why can't they go out and work? It's not like we don't know who these certain people are so why can't something be done about it. I get up and go to work everyday, I'm not rich, but I support myself, I don't ask anyone for help. A lot of you should try that, it's a nice feeling.

Archived