Rite Aid

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I was just wondering if any of you have been to the Rite Aid on FER lately? I was there yesterday & noticed they made some changes. The main change being that ALL the aisle listings are in Spanish ONLY. I understand there is a large spanish population but isn't English still the main language in this country? I've seen plenty of other places that have signs in both Spanish & English so why can't Rite Aid do that?

Guest Guest
I was just wondering if any of you have been to the Rite Aid on FER lately?  I was there yesterday & noticed they made some changes.  The main change being that ALL the aisle listings are in Spanish ONLY.  I understand there is a large spanish population but isn't English still the main language in this country?  I've seen plenty of other places that have signs in both Spanish & English so why can't Rite Aid do that?

Wow, that's pretty unbelievable! I hope they plan on changing that or Rite Aid has just lost a customer.

Guest Guest
I was just wondering if any of you have been to the Rite Aid on FER lately?  I was there yesterday & noticed they made some changes.  The main change being that ALL the aisle listings are in Spanish ONLY.  I understand there is a large spanish population but isn't English still the main language in this country?  I've seen plenty of other places that have signs in both Spanish & English so why can't Rite Aid do that?

Well, I guess I can't go there anymore. I don't speak Spanish, so I won't be able to find my way around the store. Too bad for Rite Aid.

Guest Guest
you are racist against the spanish

No I dont think this person is Racist against the Spanish , I think just mad at the fact that this is being allowed . If They are going to put it up in Spanish put it up in all languages. This is America and We American that are getting tired of this ..If We hire just Americans we are Bias Racist or what ever You want to call it...But all these stores owned or run by foreigners are employedes are all the same were is the justice in that.....This country needs to wake up ....I dont care were You come from You should have to know Englih....No one even try today You come to America and expect everything to suit You.....Years ago at least people coming from other Countries made a attempt at learning Englih not today.

Guest Ima Grammarian

What is wrong with the following post?

"this is the reason they don't learn english. Everything is in there language."

Answer:

1) The word "this" should be capitalized as the first word of a declarative sentence

2) The word "english" is a proper noun and should begin with a capital letter

3) The word "there" should be the word "their" denoting possession, not designation

Do me a favor. Do not even attempt to pass yourself off as one versed in the English language. And, for God's sake, don't try to teach English to any foreigners. They have enough problems dealing with bigots like you.

Adios, Amigos y vaya con dios!

Guest Guest
What is wrong with the following post?

"this is the reason they don't learn english. Everything is in there language."

Answer:

1) The word "this" should be capitalized as the first word of a declarative sentence

2) The word "english" is a proper noun and should begin with a capital letter

3) The word "there" should be the word "their" denoting possession, not designation

Do me a favor.  Do not even attempt to pass yourself off as one versed in the English language. And, for God's sake, don't try to teach English to any foreigners.  They have enough problems dealing with bigots like you.

Adios, Amigos y vaya con dios!

First of all, you have way too much time on your hands and second of all, who cares if you can correct that post? It has nothing to do with what this topic is about, Rite Aid.

Guest Ima Grammarian

I'll bet every English teacher in Harrison cares that I can correct that inane post.

If you think this topic has anything remotely to do with Rite-Aid, you must be wearing intellectual blinders. It has to do with self-righteous, narrow-minded bigots who masquerade as keepers of the English language. My objective in correcting the post was to underscore the hypocricy of someone who pretends to champion the language but uses it with such disregard.

And incidentally, contrary to common belief, there is no "official" language in the United States. We are, by nature, at the very least bi-lingual, since native United States citizens born in Puerto Rico use Spanish as their primary language.

Obviuosly, I love this language and I would urge everyone who comes to this country to try to learn his/her adopted tongue, but for some that is not easy and for some it is impossible. However, you might be surprised to know that the overwhelming number of immigrants who come here, do acquire at least minimal skills in English and many (especially the young) become quite proficient. Check the statistics with the U.S. Department of Education.

Yes, I do have time to post, but I guess you do too. I won't apologize for having time on my hands. I earned my leisure time the old-fashioned way---by working for it!!

Buenas tardes y hasta manana.

Guest Web MD
First of all, you have way too much time on your hands and second of all, who cares if you can correct that post?  It has nothing to do with what this topic is about, Rite Aid.

Dear Ima,

You are way too obsessed with minutia. Perfection is not a necessity at all times. If your reply is a reflection of your life, you must drive your family nuts. Lighten up.

Guest Guest

First of all I speak only English.... espanol...un poco. The topic is not about RiteAid, it is about foreign languages vs the use of English all the time. You brought it up. If you don't like what RiteAid did, don't go there and contact their corporate headquarters. Like it or not this is what the area has become. It's simple, don't like it, leave. Personally, I don't like it but that is the way it is. I learn to accept it. This is not unique to Harrison. It is not the Spanish in this town that most perceive to be the problem. The problems are deeper and complex and will only be corrected by people of all races and languages.

There are other non-hispanic neighborhoods all thru the US, where English is not spoken. Are they a problem for you too? I'm sure a letter to RiteAid corp will fix your visit to RiteAid, but will not fix your real problem.

Also, why is it that every time someone on this board makes a statement that others do not agree with, it's always bigotry (either direction). I do not think the writer's statement was inidicating he/she was a bigot, but was upset that signs were not "also" in english. If he/she expects the signs to be "english only", then, like I said, time for that person to move on.

Guest Ima Grammarian

Web MD

yeah your probally rite i do try to be prefect, its a reel bad habit a mine. i don't haf any fambly to drive nutz but the fokes here at the home say ima skratch in the azz

Light enough for you? Some people have no sense of humor! Gotcha!!!!!

Guest paco the taco

hey, leave the spanish alone. who else is going to cut my grass and wash my dishes for $1.00 an hour. Have a heart!

Guest carmen
hey, leave the spanish alone. who else is going to cut my grass and wash my dishes for $1.00 an hour. Have a heart!

hey stupid if you weren't a lazy bastard, then maybe you could wash your own dishes and cut your own grass.

Guest Guest

Hey *******, sorry i had to fire you. I hear Burger King is looking for someone to swwep their parking lot. I will give you a good reference.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest komotion
you are racist against the spanish

How's that being racist against the spanish. hey quit your crying. your in

the u.s.a. , and the main language is english. why is it everybody trying

to cater to spanish people? if i was in a foreign speaking country, i would have to

learn to speak their language to survive in their society. some ethnic groups

come here, and stay in their own little world,and even after a couple years still

dont speak english! make a damn effort, and maybe these people would find

a new friend, or a better job! hey opprtunities are available to everyone.

talk is cheap...... EFFORT IS PRICELESS!!

Guest Ima Grammarian
How's  that being racist against  the spanish.  hey quit your  crying.  your in 

the u.s.a.  , and the main language  is english.  why is it everybody trying

to cater to spanish people? if i  was in a foreign speaking country, i would have to

learn to speak their  language to survive in their  society.  some ethnic  groups

come here, and  stay in their  own little world,and even after a couple years still

dont speak  english!  make a damn  effort, and maybe these people  would find

a new friend, or a better  job!  hey opprtunities are available to  everyone.

talk is  cheap......    EFFORT IS PRICELESS!!

How's that for another fine example of the English language? Talk may be cheap, but apparently spelling is not.

PUNCTUATION IS PRICELESS!!!!

Guest Canal Quatro y Siete
How's that for another fine example of the English language?  Talk may be cheap, but apparently spelling is not.

PUNCTUATION IS PRICELESS!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Javier Julio juan gustavo emanue

hi everybody,

look, me and my 65 relatives are lloking for a one bedroom apartment in harrison. If anyone knows of one e-Mail me back at www.illegalImmagrent.com

Guest Guest

you better get off the web. Your rowboat is waiting to take u and your 65 relatives back to your country. Do harrison a favor and stay there this time.

Guest Justin Case
hi everybody,

look, me and my 65 relatives are lloking for a one bedroom apartment in harrison. If anyone knows of one e-Mail me back at  www.illegalImmagrent.com

Looking over some of the posts in this topic, I can't help but wonder how Harrison, which was built by hard-working immigrants, got to be one hell of a prejudiced town!! As a former resident, I am embarrassed.

Archived