FRANK

Guest Ward Cleaver

Guest Ward Cleaver

I read on through some of these silly postings, and remember what Harrison was when FRANK was here. "The Mayor" No disrespect Ray.... He brought a special feeling to people! You remember I'm sure. I laugh at the thought of "Frank" walking down the Avenue, during the Multi-cultural Fest. What would he say? I know we need to change with the times, and be kind to those who are new to our city. But, I still have the right to remember it my way. Yes, I'm less than Forty, and I don't stand on either side. I'm just a Harrisonian with little ties. I think Frank would have shut KOTW down, after a short run. Just for the sake of Harrison. Most remember him for his control.. Sometimes Good, Sometimes just to keep people in line. Either way.. I miss the ol Guy... Like it or not, It was a better PLACE...

Guest guest
I read on through some of these silly postings, and remember what Harrison was when FRANK was here.  "The Mayor"  No disrespect Ray.... He brought a special feeling to people!  You remember I'm sure.  I laugh at the thought of "Frank" walking down the Avenue, during the Multi-cultural Fest.  What would he say?  I know we need to change with the times, and be kind to those who are new to our city.  But,  I still have the right to remember it my way.  Yes, I'm less than Forty, and I don't stand on either side.  I'm just a Harrisonian with little ties.  I think Frank would have shut KOTW down, after a short run.  Just for the sake of Harrison.  Most remember him for his control.. Sometimes Good, Sometimes just to keep people in line.  Either way.. I miss the ol Guy...  Like it or not, It was a better PLACE...

You are so right.

Guest Guest

Was a better place, how? Maybe cleaner.

Frank let this town fall to pieces right in front of his eyes. Worried about setting records for tenure as mayor instead of keeping up with the times.

The whole town needs to be knocked down and rebuilt starting from the top.

Guest Senior Harrison Resident
I read on through some of these silly postings, and remember what Harrison was when FRANK was here.  "The Mayor"  No disrespect Ray.... He brought a special feeling to people!  You remember I'm sure.  I laugh at the thought of "Frank" walking down the Avenue, during the Multi-cultural Fest.  What would he say?  I know we need to change with the times, and be kind to those who are new to our city.  But,  I still have the right to remember it my way.  Yes, I'm less than Forty, and I don't stand on either side.  I'm just a Harrisonian with little ties.  I think Frank would have shut KOTW down, after a short run.  Just for the sake of Harrison.  Most remember him for his control.. Sometimes Good, Sometimes just to keep people in line.  Either way.. I miss the ol Guy...  Like it or not, It was a better PLACE...

You can be certain about one thing, Frank would never had approved 7,000 new housing units or a "New York" stadium.

Guest Guest

Frank let this town fall to pieces right in front of his eyes. Worried about setting records for tenure as mayor instead of keeping up with the times.

If you have to ask how----you either did grow up in this town or you are too young to remember.

Guest Guest

I agree with you on that last line !

Guest Guest
If you have to ask how----you either did grow up in this town or you are too young to remember.

I did ask how. Grew up here ..not too young..not too old... Don't think it was better than now. Nothing's changed except it is filthy.

Guest Ward Cleaver
I agree with you on that last line !

I didn't say it was perfect! My point was regarding the town in general. It was his era I miss. We all had it better, because we were among our own. People had pride to say " I'm from Harrison!" or, "I live here."

It wasn't as if there was one nationality. Polish, Irish, Portuguese, Italian, we had it all. It wasn't a real problem then. There were three bars on every block, and regulars no matter where you went. By the way, I'm talking about fifteen years ago.. Where did the pride go. I guess it's all gone, just like the bars.

We miss you FRANK... <<<< His era!!! You don't need to agree, but it was a bettter time....

Guest Guest

He sure took care of his own, no doubt about that.

Guest guest
You can be certain about one thing,  Frank would never had approved 7,000 new housing units or a "New York" stadium.

TRUE! and if as a last resort, HE HAD TO BUILD SOME, HE'D HAVE PUT IN PARKS ANd SPORT AREAS FOR THE KIDS TO PLAY AND ENHANCE THE SCRENIC VIEW FOR THE ADULTS TO SIT IN. PLUS, FIRST, HE'D HAVE MADE SURE THAT (usually EACH FAMILy adult owns a CAR) THERE WAS AMPLE PARKING FOR AT LEAST 3 FAMILY MEMBERS PLUS 'EXTRA' FOR A 4TH OR A VISITOR.

Plus, wider exit roads near the new housing area, next to the Bridge St Bridge & S FER blvd near the Jackson St Bridge.so the cars could not crowd the local roads at ealy morn. & early eve peak work hrs.

also. more parking and added above ground exit routes in & out of the city via the new sports arena, so the traffic would not interferee with the town traffic flow .

Guest Guest
I didn't say it was perfect!  My point was regarding the town in general. It was his era I miss.  We all had it better, because we were among our own.  People had pride to say " I'm from Harrison!"  or, "I live here." 

It wasn't as if there was one nationality.  Polish, Irish, Portuguese, Italian, we had it all.  It wasn't a real problem then.  There were three bars on every block, and regulars no matter where you went.  By the way,  I'm talking about fifteen years ago..    Where did the pride go.  I guess it's all gone, just like the bars. 

We miss you FRANK...  <<<< His era!!!  You don't need to agree, but it was a bettter time....

i think you have your nationalities twisted when frank was around there were no portugese people, there were spainards and a few cubans mixed in. the portugese started coming towards his final year or so. check the town records and thery didn't vote they just started buy property and renting it to these new breed of inbreds we call others south central incas. you see it's about the money and renting their property doesn't matter just as long as they pay. do your history check school records only a few portugese family if that. one business or two look at it now. look at the businesses now tell me things and products in town hasn't changed. look at our town workers? we now have towel heads and egg rolls thrown in for the massive egg rolls in the area are thery legal? i doubt it but they own or say they own 5-6 cars per household. :):wub::angry: