Harrison Varsity Football

Guest Jamie DeRose

Guest Jamie DeRose

Man, What has happened to Harrison's football program. I guess all the athletes are playing soccer. How long has it been since the team had a winning season. I remember the teams with Lucas and a few years before Ray when we were competive and put together a few winning seasons. I guess Mike Landy and Nick Landy either have no idea what they are doing or they simply do not have the athletes. Please someone donate some money so these kids can get a decent weigth room to attract some athletes. Otherwise, call Ralph Borgess and see if he is willing to come out a retirement to coach these kids. I am sure he can convince Larry Manning, Bill Hartman and Alan Doffont to come back and put this awful program back together. I am sure Jack Rodgers would love to have Nick Landy coaching these kids to ten losing season. I know Nick is a nice guy and means well but I am certain he does not know the difference between a nickle package and a nickle bag. Although I am not certain, I do not believe either Nick or Mike have any experience (playing or coaching) besides punting at QP and watching from the sidelines at Harrison. Jack Rodgers swallow your pride (just once) and call T. Ferriro to see if can do something with this program. Maybe you should take a lesson from Kearny and sit one year out, hire a Borgess disciple and play a non-conference schedule to gain some respectability. Please stop before one of these kids get killed. Corblies Rowe Lucas Davit Hartkoff --- Evans (?) Needless to say, the qualtiy of QB speaks volumes as to the success of the program.

Man, What has happened to Harrison's football program. I guess all the athletes are playing soccer. How long has it been since the team had a winning season. I remember the teams with Lucas and a few years before Ray when we were competive and put together a few winning seasons. I guess Mike Landy and Nick Landy either have no idea what they are doing or they simply do not have the athletes. Please someone donate some money so these kids can get a decent weigth room to attract some athletes. Otherwise, call Ralph Borgess and see if he is willing to come out a retirement to coach these kids. I am sure he can convince Larry Manning, Bill Hartman and Alan Doffont to come back and put this awful program back together. I am sure Jack Rodgers would love to have Nick Landy coaching these kids to ten losing season. I know Nick is a nice guy and means well but I am certain he does not know the difference between a nickle package and a nickle bag. Although I am not certain, I do not believe either Nick or Mike have any experience (playing or coaching) besides punting at QP and watching from the sidelines at Harrison. Jack Rodgers swallow your pride (just once) and call T. Ferriro to see if can do something with this program. Maybe you should take a lesson from Kearny and sit one year out, hire a Borgess disciple and play a non-conference schedule to gain some respectability. Please stop before one of these kids get killed. Corblies Rowe Lucas Davit Hartkoff --- Evans (?) Needless to say, the qualtiy of QB speaks volumes as to the success of the program.

You really do not deserve any replies, but since I am here, I will give you a piece of my mind.

Are you able to coach these kids? Do you have a college degree?

Although Evans might be small in size, he happens to be a pretty good quarterback. He takes that field every week with his heart on his sleeve and plays the best he possibly can. Don't forget, there are other players on the team besides the quarterback.

I can tell you this, his family is very proud of him. He may not be a professional football player, but he will succeed in life like some of the other quarterback you mentioned. In the future he will be able to look back he say that he had a great time playing football with his friends. Isn't that what its about in HS?

Although your comments do not warrant a reply, in the defense of my brother, I am going to supply one anyway. No blame can be placed on a losing team. Some of us might blame the coaches. Some may blame the players. Some, like you, may blame both. Some may blame it on the parents, on the teachers, or on the lack of support from the community. I've spent the last ten years of my life attending my brother's football games and they've never ::GASP:: had a winning team. Blame it on the parents, the mother didn't eat enough wheaties when she was pregnant and the father didn't play enough catch. How about the PeeWee coaches? Why weren't they delivering pre-game speeches revving these boys up for the SuperBowl? It's a game. A simple, physically challenging, manly man game. If your a Harrison Football player (whether from 2004 or 1984) you don't expect to go into a season to win every game. Maybe your dreaming, sir, but Harrison was never a wonderful football team. Sure there were stretches where they made it to the playoffs a few consecutive years, that happens to every team. We, like most towns, are not breeding grounds for star athletes (yes, this includes soccer). In fact, if you look at the "great" football teams from around the state you'll see that these schools have the ability to pick and choose their athletes because they are regional or privately run schools. I feel that it's more important to support Harrison than sit here and criticize every aspect of the team. Most athletes do not go on to play pro ball but a vast majority do try to make a life for themselves. Some become lawyers, some become cops, some become teachers, some drop out of college and wind up working at shop-rite for thirty years. Guess what ... the geeks in the chess club do that too. I support my brother because for ten years he's gone out there and played his heart out. He's never been the biggest guy on the team and he's never played on a winning team (5-5 last year was the closest he's been) but he's never ever quit. Winning isn't everything and there is no "I" in team. It's unfair for you to place the blame for the quality of the team on the quarterbacks but even more unfair to try and place blame on anybody. Winning or losing, I still attend all the games. I enjoy it when my brother has a good game. I like to see them win. I like yelling at the refs when there's a bad call on the field (or even when there isn't <_< ). I like cheering along with the cheerleaders and singing along with the band. I've sat through rain, sleet, snow and some of the hottest football weather. These are the elements of a good football game. If you would like to include winning in this, be my guest. But you'll soon realize that, even with winning included, it is a very small percentage of what the game really is. If you don't like it then save your dollars and shut your mouth, get a college degree and become a coach, or bare a son who will surely be the best quarterback.

Kurri Evans

The one who still yells when we're down 42-0 with two minutes left in the 4th.

Jamie, I was in high school with you & do NOT remember you being even a "decent" athlete. I do however remember you having a ***** ******* *** * ***** ******** ***** **** ****** **** ******. I do agree that they need to make some changes as far as coaches but I don't think YOU need to attack the coaches like that. As far as the quarterback goes, is he supposed to be a 1 man team? That kid (and several others) play their hearts out every game! He is a VERY GOOD athlete which I have NEVER heard anyone say about you!

I have heard SEVERAL stories about you since High School so I know for a FACT that you do NOT qualify for any coaching position (college credits) therefore I believe you should SHUT UP & GET A LIFE!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

" Please stop it before one of these kids get killed." This is High School football, you asshole, not a gang initiation. How can you expect a team to have pride when they know the town sold their playing field to further corruption and put money in the big shots pockets. Remember, nothing comes before, "Whats in it for me?"

Guest sickandtired
:angry: I an tired of going to the high school football games and seeing the same plays over and over again. I dare the high school officials to go out and get a new coaching staff. There must be someone out there that knows something more about football than the present coaching staff. How many more years do we have to sit and see the same plays over and over again. I can speak because I went through this football program only 6 years ago and when I watch my cousin play it is the same junk I did. The current coaches need to get OUT NOW! Put a real coaching staff in there. Someone that can teach new material. I have 3 more relatives coming up and I don't want them to go through what my cousin and I went through. Losing, Losing, LOSING. I told my aunt to put my cousins in another program! Please Harrison officials look for a new staff. Do the right thing Coach Landy resign with pride before they throw you O U T!!!!!!

I believe Coach Mike Landy has done a great job. Just last year the team went 5-5. But do you know why they were able to do that? <b>The quality of the players.</b> You had certain seniors who played extremely well. You can't praise the coaching staff because of that, and you can't say the coaching staff su**ed because of that.

As for this year, those boys, day in and day out, go and practice and play those games as if their lives depended on it. Great job guys, and keep the football spirit alive in Harrison, even thought our wonderful officials have sold the stadium before the ground was broken for the new one. I think there should be a flag on the play on that decision. :angry:

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Harrison has never been known for football.....we are even lucky we can field a team.....as for the coaches keep up the good work.....you put many hours in, on and off the field...and to the players its a game play hard and have fun.....remember.....the Bd of Ed. takes applications every year for that position...60 credits will get you the job...its easy to complain about others....get out there and get involved

Can we sell the team? it's one of the few things the town has not sold yet to raise money for the nepotism and corruption. Did anyone buy the community cebter yet? I hear they are gonna knock it down for a bigger parking lot for teachers only.

Although your comments do not warrant a reply, in the defense of my brother, I am going to supply one anyway. No blame can be placed on a losing team. Some of us might blame the coaches. Some may blame the players. Some, like you, may blame both. Some may blame it on the parents, on the teachers, or on the lack of support from the community. I've spent the last ten years of my life attending my brother's football games and they've never ::GASP:: had a winning team. Blame it on the parents, the mother didn't eat enough wheaties when she was pregnant and the father didn't play enough catch. How about the PeeWee coaches? Why weren't they delivering pre-game speeches revving these boys up for the SuperBowl? It's a game. A simple, physically challenging, manly man game. If your a Harrison Football player (whether from 2004 or 1984) you don't expect to go into a season to win every game. Maybe your dreaming, sir, but Harrison was never a wonderful football team. Sure there were stretches where they made it to the playoffs a few consecutive years, that happens to every team. We, like most towns, are not breeding grounds for star athletes (yes, this includes soccer). In fact, if you look at the "great" football teams from around the state you'll see that these schools have the ability to pick and choose their athletes because they are regional or privately run schools. I feel that it's more important to support Harrison than sit here and criticize every aspect of the team. Most athletes do not go on to play pro ball but a vast majority do try to make a life for themselves. Some become lawyers, some become cops, some become teachers, some drop out of college and wind up working at shop-rite for thirty years. Guess what ... the geeks in the chess club do that too. I support my brother because for ten years he's gone out there and played his heart out. He's never been the biggest guy on the team and he's never played on a winning team (5-5 last year was the closest he's been) but he's never ever quit. Winning isn't everything and there is no "I" in team. It's unfair for you to place the blame for the quality of the team on the quarterbacks but even more unfair to try and place blame on anybody. Winning or losing, I still attend all the games. I enjoy it when my brother has a good game. I like to see them win. I like yelling at the refs when there's a bad call on the field (or even when there isn't :angry: ). I like cheering along with the cheerleaders and singing along with the band. I've sat through rain, sleet, snow and some of the hottest football weather. These are the elements of a good football game. If you would like to include winning in this, be my guest. But you'll soon realize that, even with winning included, it is a very small percentage of what the game really is. If you don't like it then save your dollars and shut your mouth, get a college degree and become a coach, or bare a son who will surely be the best quarterback.

Kurri Evans

The one who still yells when we're down 42-0 with two minutes left in the 4th.

Kurri

Please stop your unintelligible and incoherent screaming. The article did not say your brother was a bad quarterback or that he does not play hard. Instead, the article blamed the administration for the team's continuous losing. People like you let their emotions carry you way. Take it easy. Bottom line is your brother is not a good quarterback. He may be a good kid but he does not compare the others mentioned. A good young quarterback is an essential part of a winning high school program and your brother does not fit the mold. I am happy that you enjoy going to games and applaud your support for your brother. I understand that high school football is about having a good time. But, trust me, your brother would be much happier with a winning record. Take it easy and stop your rambling. Take care.

Guest guest_Guest

there'll never be any changes. alls J Rodgers cares about is girls bball who have been nothin to brag about the last few years he gets away with doin things that if any of the other sports teams tried to do theyd be hung for unless you are a follower. show fairness to all isn't that what you are suppose to do as AD?

The quality of the Harrison players is not what it used to be. Just look at the quality of their character.... horrible. No respect for anyone; no discipline; no morals. They are lazy (like democrats) and don't know what it is to be a "team family" like it was back in the mid 80s through the early 90s.

Congratulations to George W. Bush!!!

Guest 1 DAMN PROUD ALUMNI

you people amaze me it's one thing to bash the mayor and his fellow politcians, but when you start attacking kids like corey evans, then rest of that team, and the Landy brothers you got some balls. First off call T. Ferriero, guess what I was there when he coached a group of very good athletes and they never came anywhere near the 5-5 season the Tide had last year. They dont need to waste their time with kids who dont care but they do. They dont cancel their JV games when the garden rats skip practice to go egg people and houses only to get arrested. No instead they go to bat for these kids rather then throw them to the wolves like you threw them. You cant knock them, because it all starts from below. since 3/4's of this town is full of south americans there are no kids playin football only soccer. What can you say when your Pee-Wee team has about 13 kids and only hope left in brian carr jr. What about the pop warner coaches? I've seen them in action, especially the seniors at prcatice. Making 50 kids try to push sleds that the high school barely pushes while those fats f*cks are standing on them cursing at teh kids cuz they cant move it. The Landy brothers are dedicated to these kids no matter how bad or how embarrasing they play. you cant do much when you superb backs like bradley and chavez cant run the ball cuz you got 2 archibalds on the starting line. yeah tones of talent there. how is evans supposed to hit sacarmen downfield if he has 4 linemen in his face every play. Then you have to play both ways cuz you got no talent on the bench. Call Tommy F. get real, oh wait he is producing a huge increase in basketball since Healy left. a job that should've been nick landy's who busted his ass for years behind healy putting together great records with his freshman teams then JV, but we wont get into why tommy took over. But you know what no person in his right mind would want that job because after corey evans and his seniors leave you have one year with bradley, who wont have any talent around him, there's really no hope. it's amazing that the landy's can even squeak out a couple wins a year. maybe all you people should coach, oh wait you do have college credits or have the respect of these kids that they got workin in their school every day cuz you aint got a job. Their may never be another state team, or a ray lucas or mickey rowe... but dont you dare bash guys like the high school coaches or an amazing young man like corey evans who's family is actually the only people who show up to support this team. maybe if you were 1/2 the fan his family is you'd be there cheering them on realizing that these kids are out there giving it all they got, and like it or not the landy's are as good of motivators as anyone, better then moose and alot of others. they get these kids to put everything they got out there every weekend, so dont you dare bash any of them. it's amazing they even want to still coach when their efforts get treated like this. you know what there's one kid playing football in marist and one on the way, not to mention the several players playing basbeall in colleges throughout the state. not only are these kids playing but their doing well in their studies, and 80% of the kids in that high school dont even go to college. but with dedicated coaches/role models most of these kids are their cuz of mike and nick landy. you're a classic example of what's wrong with this town, the typical whining, jealous, post high school bench warmer who is crying foul because he thinks the landy's are bad coaches since their kids aint shooting up roids like st. mary's and secaucus, or they randomly draw a team out of a hat like bergen tech who is full of Group 3 future college players thats 3rd string freshamn tower over our front 5. Do us a favor either sh*t or get off the pot...this town as crappy as it's getting, this program as futureless as it seems, these coaches as wrongfully persecuted as they are, and this kids like corey, jake, isaac, and bradley, as dedicated, happy, talented, driven, and amazing kids as they are, dont deserve to have to deal with this harrison garbage.

Mike and Nick this town supports you and your players no matter what the score or record is.

Corey and the rest of the seniors you guys are as good as they come both as people and as athletes.

To the future of the program you see what people think of you's and only can turn it around with the amibition you find in the players from the past and the coaches of the present.

To you Landy and Harrison High Football bashers you should all take a look in the mirror and see if you can see what we see you as: a bunch of senseless assholes, bitter at the respect and love for two hometown teachers trying to give back. get your summer close ready for hell, cuz if i'm not mistaking envy is a sin.

GOOD LUCK IN WEEHAWKEN FRIDAY NIGHT!!! WE'LL BE THERE IN BLUE WITH SOAR THROATS MAKING SURE THAT THERE'S REALLY 13 PEOPLE OUT ON THAT FIELD.

The quality of the Harrison players is not what it used to be. Just look at the quality of their character.... horrible. No respect for anyone; no discipline; no morals. They are lazy (like democrats) and don't know what it is to be a "team family" like it was back in the mid 80s through the early 90s.

How can you attack anyones character, you obviously voted for George Bush. Come back on her in a few months when he ships your son off to fight some useless war and then we'll talk about character! I'm sure you were probably one of the "bench warmers" when you were in High School. That is IF you even "attempted" to be a part of the "family"!

Hey Moron, Kurri NEVER said her brother was a Super Star, she simply states that he's got the heart to play the game. Something I'm sure you have no idea about. Bottom line, they are KIDS out there having a good time! They don't have to prove anything to you or anybody else. Her brother was attacked on here therefore she has the right to defend him if she feels the need. You & Jamie should go back to doing what you do best (nothing) & leave the kids alone! If I were you I'd hide back in the Harrison Gardens & find some other big words to use for your next post! You know a FEW big words (unintelligible and incoherent screaming), wow, should we be impressed? Get a life!

To the person who wrote the post above to Kurri, "unintelligible", did you really use that word? Kurri is a brilliant 18 year girl who is currently enrolled in a fine college...and you? Oh, your from Harrison, not too many people have college degrees and still live in Harrison. I've never posted on this before but you my friend made my blood boil. Corey Evans is a better than average quaterback but he does not have the line he needs to protect him. As a matter of fact he is a fine all around athlete, there is no sport that kid could not conquer. Not only is he a good athlete but he is a good role model to kids in the area, some of the fine gentlemen in the original post are not as big a role model in this community as they would like you to believe.

Do I think the coaching is bad in HHS football program...yes. Are the players responsible for these loses...yes. I can go on and on about the problems with the football program but to summarize, Corey would have been better in another school and by the way...he doesn't really like the quaterback position but nobody else can throw the ball like he can so he got shoved into this year. None of you were crying last year when he broke a school record for interceptions, and that was being on the receiving end not the throwing end.

ps...another of those quaterbacks of past mentioned in the original post is Corey's uncle...the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Next time you want to pick on somebody from Corey's family you better be ready for a fight because there are a lot of us.

Guest guest_Guest

Have you ever been coached by moose? I doubt it, because if you were I don't think you would have written such derogatory statements about him. He has devoted his life to coaching AND teaching. He has coached many teams OUTSIDE of harrison and I know for a fact he is very respected coach. Have you ever coached anything? If not, do not pretend that you know what is best in coaching or judge others who actually get off their asses to do something for the community. It is admirable to defend the present coaches, but ignorant to slander others.

The quality of the Harrison players is not what it used to be.  Just look at the quality of their character.... horrible.  No respect for anyone; no discipline; no morals.  They are lazy (like democrats) and don't know what it is to be a "team family" like it was back in the mid 80s through the early 90s.

How can you attack anyones character, you obviously voted for George Bush. Come back on her in a few months when he ships your son off to fight some useless war and then we'll talk about character! I'm sure you were probably one of the "bench warmers" when you were in High School. That is IF you even "attempted" to be a part of the "family"!

Pres. Bush is a great man and great leader. It's obvious your one of those Hudson County Brain dead democrats,who would vote for any moran on the democratic ticket, Odds are you have a town or county job also,probable a teacher who is afraid to vote there own minds.

Ahh family members and friends alike there is no reason to defend me, I'm here to do that myself. I'd like to point out that even Mr. DeRose had the decency to use his name in his post. Although noting that I did NOT say my brother was a good quarterback, I regret that I didn't include that in my original post. Guess putting words in my mouth actually helped out in this situation, Thanks Buddy. As the long poster (also unnamed) stated and I mentioned in my first post, how can you possibly expect my brother to be a one man team? As for my "unintelligible and incoherent screaming," after reviewing the post I realized that it may have been excessive but it isn't unintelligible or incoherent and I was simply trying to make a point. Remember, my brother did play for a winning team for some part of last year and he is just as happy now as he was then. Corey's joy is playing football and it's always been. No matter what your opinion, I shall continue my rambling. George Bush hasn't turned this country into a dictatorship YET, I still have my freedom of speech and will continue to express it anyway I please.

Kurri Evans

Yet again letting my emotions carry me away :P

Guest DRumsfeld
The quality of the Harrison players is not what it used to be.  Just look at the quality of their character.... horrible.  No respect for anyone; no discipline; no morals.  They are lazy (like democrats) and don't know what it is to be a "team family" like it was back in the mid 80s through the early 90s.

How can you attack anyones character, you obviously voted for George Bush. Come back on her in a few months when he ships your son off to fight some useless war and then we'll talk about character!

You-sir obviously have shit in your ears.

MY RECOMMENDATION:

DECONSTRUCT THE FOOTBALL TEAM. NO NEED FOR IT ANYMORE. THERES NO INTEREST, TALENT, OR HEART FOR 10+ YEARS. I FEEL BAD FOR THE FEW THAT ARE ON THERE. GOOD EFFORT, BUT NO NEED FOR IT ANYMORE (JUST LIKE THE FAMOUS HALLOWEEN PARADE)

CONCENTRATE ON SOCCER, PUT THE MONEY THERE, WHERE THEY HAVE ALL THE STARS.

GOING BACK TO THE BUSH COMMENT. THANK GOD KERRY DID NOT GET ELECTED. OUR COUNTRY WOULD HAVE A LOSING RECORD (SOUNDS FAMILIAR). AND I'D BE PROUD TO HAVE MY SON/DAUGHTER FIGHTING FOR OUR COUNTRY'S FREEDOM.

THE US ARMED FORCES ARE LIBERATORS... AND THEY ARE LIBERATING IRAQ, AFGANHISTAN TO PREVENT FUTURE ATTACKS ON OUR SOIL. WAIT TILL BUSH KICKS THE ASS OF THE NEXT SET OF TERRORIST HARBORING COUNTRIES! SYRIA, PALESTINE, N KOREA, IRAN IS NEXT

BUSH FOR 4 MORE YEARS!!! LET FREEDOM RING

Guest Republican Party of Harrison

Where is the Republican Party of Harrison?

Lets get together, form a slate... and get rid of the lazy, liberal, government-assistance depending democrats. Lets turn the town around ourselves and make Harrison proud again.

Note to the existing democrats in office: You cannot change your party once we are in office... you'll be thrown out. I seen over years certain canidates claim they are really republicans but running as a democrat or even actually changing parties while in office.

That will not be tolerated under the new administration.

Semper Fi

Archived