Sign in to follow this  
Guest Interested in Organizing

Petitions to run for Council and County Committee

How do we go about getting petitions to run in a Democratic Primary in next years election. Where can we go to get them??

Guest Concerned Citizen

If you can't figure where to get the petitions, maybe you shouldn't be running for Council and County Committee. Just sayin'

Guest Guest

To run in the Primary, you have to get a Petition (form) to collect signatures of Registered Voters from the Kearny Town Clerk (or clerk of your town).  You have to collect a minimum number of signatures from voters in your ward for you are running for council and / or Town wide if running for Mayor. There is a deadline for submitting the Petition and you should get more signatures than the minimum otherwise your Petition may be rejected if a voter who signed for you signs for someone else as well and/or they turn out not to be in your Ward and/or their signature gets rejected for another reason.

In a General Election, the Hudson County Clerk in Jersey City handles the election.  If you run into any trouble locally, you may need to contact the Hudson County Clerk for assistance but the Town Clerk is suppose to help you although the loyalty of the current Town Clerk is usually with the current administration.

The Town Clerk in Harrison committed voter fraud by actively helping Mayor James Fife's team and nobody in the State of New JErsey or Hudson County did anything about it.  Governor Murphy's special prosecutor of political corruption and the Attorney General have ignored the case despite clear violation of election law.  See video

Good luck.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, Guest Concerned Citizen said:

If you can't figure where to get the petitions, maybe you shouldn't be running for Council and County Committee. Just sayin'

Don't expect much from Barney, he's not the brightest bulb.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, Guest Concerned Citizen said:

I may not know the process but I do that this town needs change and a Mayor who allowed the Keegan Landfill to open and then give the residents the impression that he wanted it closed is a disgrace and him and the entire council should be held accountable for their actions. TAXES have increased under MAYOR SANTOS every year since he was elected and the time has come to bring the issues that have affected Kearny and let the public make a choice for a change. I will get my answer and we will have petitions to file and understand one thing you will work for your seats this year. NO FREE LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, Guest Interested in Organizing said:

I may not know the process but I do that this town needs change and a Mayor who allowed the Keegan Landfill to open and then give the residents the impression that he wanted it closed is a disgrace and him and the entire council should be held accountable for their actions. TAXES have increased under MAYOR SANTOS every year since he was elected and the time has come to bring the issues that have affected Kearny and let the public make a choice for a change. I will get my answer and we will have petitions to file and understand one thing you will work for your seats this year. NO FREE LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one changes their screen name more than Barney. The poor boy must  think he's very clever.

Guest McGraw
On 7/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, Guest Interested in Organizing said:

Good luck! Santos and company need to go! 

Guest Concerned Barney

Taxes will always increase, find me a town in this state or a neighboring state which doesn't have an annual increase. The taxes on my rental properties in Monmouth and Ocean counties increase an average of 1.5% each year. Just sayin'