Petitions to run for Council and County Committee

Guest Interested in Organizing

How do we go about getting petitions to run in a Democratic Primary in next years election. Where can we go to get them??

Guest Guest

To run in the Primary, you have to get a Petition (form) to collect signatures of Registered Voters from the Kearny Town Clerk (or clerk of your town).  You have to collect a minimum number of signatures from voters in your ward for you are running for council and / or Town wide if running for Mayor. There is a deadline for submitting the Petition and you should get more signatures than the minimum otherwise your Petition may be rejected if a voter who signed for you signs for someone else as well and/or they turn out not to be in your Ward and/or their signature gets rejected for another reason.

In a General Election, the Hudson County Clerk in Jersey City handles the election.  If you run into any trouble locally, you may need to contact the Hudson County Clerk for assistance but the Town Clerk is suppose to help you although the loyalty of the current Town Clerk is usually with the current administration.

The Town Clerk in Harrison committed voter fraud by actively helping Mayor James Fife's team and nobody in the State of New JErsey or Hudson County did anything about it.  Governor Murphy's special prosecutor of political corruption and the Attorney General have ignored the case despite clear violation of election law.  See video

Good luck.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, Guest Concerned Citizen said:

If you can't figure where to get the petitions, maybe you shouldn't be running for Council and County Committee. Just sayin'

Don't expect much from Barney, he's not the brightest bulb.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:18 AM, Guest Concerned Citizen said:

If you can't figure where to get the petitions, maybe you shouldn't be running for Council and County Committee. Just sayin'

I may not know the process but I do that this town needs change and a Mayor who allowed the Keegan Landfill to open and then give the residents the impression that he wanted it closed is a disgrace and him and the entire council should be held accountable for their actions. TAXES have increased under MAYOR SANTOS every year since he was elected and the time has come to bring the issues that have affected Kearny and let the public make a choice for a change. I will get my answer and we will have petitions to file and understand one thing you will work for your seats this year. NO FREE LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:41 PM, Guest Interested in Organizing said:

I may not know the process but I do that this town needs change and a Mayor who allowed the Keegan Landfill to open and then give the residents the impression that he wanted it closed is a disgrace and him and the entire council should be held accountable for their actions. TAXES have increased under MAYOR SANTOS every year since he was elected and the time has come to bring the issues that have affected Kearny and let the public make a choice for a change. I will get my answer and we will have petitions to file and understand one thing you will work for your seats this year. NO FREE LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one changes their screen name more than Barney. The poor boy must  think he's very clever.

Guest McGraw
On 7/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, Guest Interested in Organizing said:

Good luck! Santos and company need to go! 

Guest Concerned Barney

Taxes will always increase, find me a town in this state or a neighboring state which doesn't have an annual increase. The taxes on my rental properties in Monmouth and Ocean counties increase an average of 1.5% each year. Just sayin'

• 4 months later...
Guest Interested

Town wide Primary effort in the works after the New Year Please have petitions for County Committee, Council, and Mayor ready to be picked up at Town Hall. Just want to make sure you have enough just a heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kearny Truth Seeker
On 7/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, Guest Interested in Organizing said:

Well if you want the mayor out that allowed the Keegan Landfill to open well congrats! That's happened. The thing has been in operations since the 1940's LMAO!!!

Guest Kearny Truth Seeker
On 8/1/2019 at 8:48 AM, Guest Concerned Barney said:

Taxes will always increase, find me a town in this state or a neighboring state which doesn't have an annual increase. The taxes on my rental properties in Monmouth and Ocean counties increase an average of 1.5% each year. Just sayin'

Found a town... and it's name is.... Kearny LMAO... property taxes decreased in 2018 & 2019. Mostly due to new development which is highly controversial. However residential property tax did decrease.

Guest TOWN WATCH
On 12/31/2019 at 2:34 PM, Guest Kearny Truth Seeker said:

Well if you want the mayor out that allowed the Keegan Landfill to open well congrats! That's happened. The thing has been in operations since the 1940's LMAO!!!

That's why it was closed in the first place. SPIN CONTROL STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest TOWN WATCH
On 1/5/2020 at 10:54 AM, Guest TOWN WATCH said:

That's why it was closed in the first place. SPIN CONTROL STARTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Gore quote by Mayor Santos " I was for opening the Keegan Landfill before I supported closing it" Remember that Kearny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TOWN WATCH
On 1/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, Guest TOWN WATCH said:

Al Gore quote by Mayor Santos " I was for opening the Keegan Landfill before I supported closing it" Remember that Kearny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SANTOS allowing this to open cost Kearny thousands and thousands of legal fees that we could of used for our recreation, public works, fire and police equipment but instead bad past decisions by this Mayor allowed this landfill to open and now he wants you to believe that he wanted it closed he wants you to forget that you have dealt with this smell for the last 10 years when if were allowed to remain closed we wouldn't have had to revisit and fight to close it today if SANTOS didn't re-open it in the first place REMEMBER KEARNY ON PRIMARY DAY!!!!!!!!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Resident
On 7/18/2019 at 8:08 AM, Guest Guest said:

To run in the Primary, you have to get a Petition (form) to collect signatures of Registered Voters from the Kearny Town Clerk (or clerk of your town).  You have to collect a minimum number of signatures from voters in your ward for you are running for council and / or Town wide if running for Mayor. There is a deadline for submitting the Petition and you should get more signatures than the minimum otherwise your Petition may be rejected if a voter who signed for you signs for someone else as well and/or they turn out not to be in your Ward and/or their signature gets rejected for another reason.

In a General Election, the Hudson County Clerk in Jersey City handles the election.  If you run into any trouble locally, you may need to contact the Hudson County Clerk for assistance but the Town Clerk is suppose to help you although the loyalty of the current Town Clerk is usually with the current administration.

The Town Clerk in Harrison committed voter fraud by actively helping Mayor James Fife's team and nobody in the State of New JErsey or Hudson County did anything about it.  Governor Murphy's special prosecutor of political corruption and the Attorney General have ignored the case despite clear violation of election law.  See video

Good luck.

When are the filing deadlines for council and Mayor?

• 4 months later...
Guest Time for change

Good luck.

Get your walking shoes on Mayor and Council this party ends next election.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest A Movement.

Good luck.

The movement has started petitions will be collected and everyone is on notice change is coming and it couldn't come soon enough. What's at stake lose the election lose your county jobs. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Resident
On 7/12/2019 at 7:32 AM, Guest Interested in Organizing said:

How do we go about getting petitions to run in a Democratic Primary in next years election. Where can we go to get them??

Mr Fryer how may we contact you?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, Guest TOWN WATCH said:

Remember Kearny 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Candidate
On 12/27/2019 at 8:17 AM, Guest Interested said:

Town wide Primary effort in the works after the New Year Please have petitions for County Committee, Council, and Mayor ready to be picked up at Town Hall. Just want to make sure you have enough just a heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Year's Election Starts Today.

• 3 months later...
Guest Get involved

Everyday more and more Kearny Residents are joining our effort for positive change in Kearny. Join the Sidney for Mayor train and explore running for County Committee. You can be part of the change and with your help we can make the difference. Get on board.