A message of support for Matthew LaClair

Guest S

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kearnyites who defend this teacher: You're making yourselves look silly. The world has laughed and you, and will laugh again if you keep this up. Stop being so stubborn and look at what you're being told. Stop, look and think.

Therein lies the problem. Christians aren't trained to think about things like this. They aren't trained to think period. They accept what is taught to them by their preachers on "faith" and aren't allowed to question.

They accept whatever drivel is thought up to support an ancient creation myth, currently the most popular one.

Ever notice how religions before Christianity are now called "mythology?"

Egyptian Mythology, Babylonian Mythology, Greek and Roman Mythology, etc. Their Gods are reduced to cute stories to be studied in literature.

Hopefully 200 years from now the Christian Mythology will be studied as well. Comparitive mythology courses will uncover that the Jesus figure in Christian mythology closely resembles the Mithras of Persian Mythology and the Horus figure of Egyptian Mythology.

But Christians can't think like that. They have the "truth" as told to them by their pastors. The Bible Says it, I believe it, and that settles it is their mentality.

Kearny is no different than other backwater towns across the US where superstitious people try to claim their superstition is better than all other superstitions.

And yes, the rest of the country is laughing as evidenced by the posts from around the US in support of Matthew.

Excellent Matt...you leanred the first lesson, press the record button and run to the media! Daddy is training you very well!

He must be a pretty slow runner for the media to only catch wind of the events two months after they occurred.

Or, hey, here's a thought--perhaps he only turned to the media after everyone else turned a blind eye.

I'm sure this was the funniest thing ever to you while you were typing it.

I thought it was funny! In fact, you should be the first one to contribute, Strife, just make sure not to ask mommy for money. Go to work so you can pay for Matthew's education.

Therein lies the problem.  Christians aren't trained to think about things like this.  They aren't trained to think period.  They accept what is taught to them by their preachers on "faith" and aren't allowed to question.

Huh. Dude seems to be bigoted toward Christians.

They accept whatever drivel is thought up to support an ancient creation myth, currently the most popular one.

Ever notice how religions before Christianity are now called "mythology?"

Like Taoism and Buddhism?

Egyptian Mythology, Babylonian Mythology, Greek and Roman Mythology, etc.  Their Gods are reduced to cute stories to be studied in literature.

Oh, you just meant some religions before Christianity.

Hopefully 200 years from now the Christian Mythology will be studied as well.  Comparitive mythology courses will uncover that the Jesus figure in Christian mythology closely resembles the Mithras of Persian Mythology and the Horus figure of Egyptian Mythology.

That's going to take some radical new discoveries regarding Mithras and Horus, since neither one bears anything other than an extremely superficial resemblance to Christianity (and you can lump Roman Mithraism in there, too).

But Christians can't think like that.  They have the "truth" as told to them by their pastors.  The Bible Says it, I believe it, and that settles it is their mentality.

Dude seems bigoted against Christians.

If you look at the serious scholarship on Mithras and Horus, there are no significant similarities. The comparisons typically come from contemporary crackpots or from long-discredited works written between 1800 and the early 20th century (though Franz Cumont's views on Roman Mithraism were not overturned until the late 20th century).

Kearny is no different than other backwater towns across the US where superstitious people try to claim their superstition is better than all other superstitions.

And yes, the rest of the country is laughing as evidenced by the posts from around the US in support of Matthew.

Bigotry against Christians has been a bit of national pastime for awhile, now.

I thought it was funny! In fact, you should be the first one to contribute, Strife, just make sure not to ask mommy for money.

Actually, I have never asked a parent for money...ever. It's just not something I feel comfortable doing (unless it was to pay them back in full, and then I would rather wait until I could afford whatever it was myself).

Go to work so you can pay for Matthew's education.

...?

That's going to take some radical new discoveries regarding Mithras and Horus, since neither one bears anything other than an extremely superficial resemblance to Christianity.  If you look at the serious scholarship on Mithras and Horus, there are no significant similarities.  The comparisons typically come from contemporary crackpots or from long-discredited works written between 1800 and the early 20th century (though Franz Cumont's views on Roman Mithraism were not overturned until the late 20th century).

Tell me whose story this is:

Conceived by a virgin, he was the only begotten son of a God. His mother was Miriam (Mary, Meri) and his "father" was JoSeph(Joseph). His foster father's ancestry was from royalty.

His annunciation was given by an angel and his birth was heralded by a wonderful star. His birthday is celebrated with manger scenes around the time of the Winter Solstice. Shepherds witnessed his birth, which was announced by angels.

During his infancy the reigning king tried to have the child murdered. An Angel appeared to his parent telling him to take the child and hide. He was 12 years old when he went through the sacred ritual of his faith, and after that event nothing further appears about his life until he is 30.

He meets the Baptiser and works with him to spread the message. The Baptiser is later beheaded. He wanders in the desert and is taken up a high mountain where he is faced with temptation and resists.

As his ministry grows, 12 disciples follow him and watch him cast out demons and walk on water, heal the sick and restore sight to the blind. They watch as he "stills the seas" with his powers.

He demonstrates his power over death by raising a well known person from the grave in a city that translates in to English as "House of Anu" (Beth-Anu in Hebrew, known as Bethany - see John 11).

Gave his most famous sermon on a mountain and died by crucifixion next to two thieves. His body was removed to a tomb, where he descends into hell and is resurrected after three days. Several woman announce his resurrection, and when he returns is expected to reign for 1000 years.

Today his status is both as a God and a Man and is called in English "the annointed one." He is also known as "The good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, the winnower." He is associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces, the fish.

So Bryan, whose story is this?

Tell me whose story this is:

Conceived by a virgin, he was the only begotten son of a God.  His mother was Miriam (Mary, Meri) and his "father" was JoSeph(Joseph).  His foster father's ancestry was from royalty.

His annunciation was given by an angel and his birth was heralded by a wonderful star. His birthday is celebrated with manger scenes around the time of the Winter Solstice.  Shepherds witnessed his birth, which was announced by angels. 

During his infancy the reigning king tried to have the child murdered.  An Angel appeared to his parent telling him to take the child and hide.  He was 12 years old when he went through the sacred ritual of his faith, and after that event nothing further appears about his life until he is 30.

He meets the Baptiser and works with him to spread the message.  The Baptiser is later beheaded.  He wanders in the desert and is taken up a high mountain where he is faced with temptation and resists.

As his ministry grows, 12 disciples follow him and watch him cast out demons and walk on water, heal the sick and restore sight to the blind.  They watch as he "stills the seas" with his powers.

He demonstrates his power over death by raising a well known person from the grave in a city that translates in to English as "House of Anu" (Beth-Anu in Hebrew, known as Bethany - see John 11).

Gave his most famous sermon on a mountain and died by crucifixion next to two thieves.  His body was removed to a tomb, where he descends into hell and is resurrected after three days.  Several woman announce his resurrection, and when he returns is expected to reign for 1000 years.

Today his status is both as a God and a Man and is called in English "the annointed one."  He is also known as "The good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, the winnower."  He is associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces, the fish.

So Bryan, whose story is this?

Milton Berle?

Guest DingoDave
'God SaveUs From Christians' wrote: "Kearny is no different than other backwater towns across the US where superstitious people try to claim their superstition is better than all other superstitions.

And yes, the rest of the country is laughing as evidenced by the posts from around the US in support of Matthew."

There are many people throughout the rest of the world who are frightened and dismayed by the resurgence of primitive superstitions amongst the population of the world's only remaining superpower. The arrogance of some Americans towards people of other cultures and religions (or no religion) sends shudders down the spines of many people in my own country (Australia) as well.

Let's hope that we don't follow your country's lead in electing such religious fanatics as your country has. Alas, I fear that the trend has already started over here as well.

Matthew, don't let those hatefilled, right wing religious nutjobs get the better of you. You have done every citizen of the world a service by doing what you've done. Don't lose sight of that fact.

Regardless of what religion you follow, someone, somewhere, thinks you're going to Hell.

If you're a Christian, the Muslims think that you're going to Hell.

If you're a Muslim, the Christians think that you're going to Hell.

If you're a Jew or an Atheist, both the Christians and the Muslims think that you're going to Hell.

If someone tells you that you are going to Hell for your beliefs, just do what I do. Tell them to go to Hell.

Guest Guest from PA.
There are many people throughout the rest of the world who are frightened and dismayed by the resurgence of primitive superstitions amongst the population of the world's only remaining superpower. The arrogance of some Americans towards people of other cultures and religions (or no religion) sends shudders down the spines of many people in my own country (Australia) as well.

Let's hope that we don't follow your country's lead in electing such religious fanatics as your country has. Alas, I fear that the trend has already started over here as well.

Matthew, don't let those hatefilled, right wing religious nutjobs get the better of you. You have done every citizen of the world a service by doing what you've done. Don't lose sight of that fact.

Regardless of what religion you follow, someone, somewhere, thinks you're going to Hell.

If you're a Christian, the Muslims think that you're going to Hell.

If you're a Muslim, the Christians think that you're going to Hell.

If you're a Jew or an Atheist, both the Christians and the Muslims think that you're going to Hell.

If someone tells you that you are going to Hell for your beliefs, just do what I do. Tell them to go to Hell.

Dingo Dave ?? Is that a cartoon character ??

Guest bewildered
It's the story of Jesus peppered with bad scholarship from whatever source you intend to rely on to back up your argument.

Can you tell us where he is using bad scholarship? It all seems like it could be a creed for a literalist christian, except, maybe, the part about Pisces. Your stock-in-trade is throwing out broad statements without any backup.

It's the story of Jesus peppered with bad scholarship from whatever source you intend to rely on to back up your argument.

Wrong. It's the story of Horus, son of Osiris, one of the Gods of Egypt.

Keep worshipping your Jesus/Horus. Whatever makes you feel better inside.

Just know that it's a fraud.

Guest DingoDave
Dingo Dave  ??  Is that a cartoon character ??

No, but that's actually not a bad idea.

Do you mean like 'Wile E. Coyote', or 'Speedy Gonzales'?

Actually the 'Tasmanian Devil' is closer to home for me.

I could call the show something like,

'Bushtales; The Adventures of Dingo Dave'.

Thanks for the idea.

Another show of support for Matt, this time from Beijing, China. The condescension of those who believe towards those who actually think for themselves exceeds anything I have known.

If I might be allowed to say so, I notice that the religious indoctrination going on in some of the more backward areas of the US is almost exactly like the political indoctrination we get over here in school. It might actually be worse. Just a thought.

Guest Dingo Dave
Another show of support for Matt, this time from Beijing, China. The condescension of those who believe towards those who actually think for themselves exceeds anything I have known.

If I might be allowed to say so, I notice that the religious indoctrination going on in some of the more backward areas of the US is almost exactly like the political indoctrination we get over here in school. It might actually be worse. Just a thought.

Dear Aramel,

You are correct with your observation that religious indoctrination is similar to political indoctrination, in that if the indoctrinator can get to a child early enough, then in later life, that indoctrination will be very difficult for them to shake off.

The Jesuit priests are reported to have said something like, "Give us a child until the age of seven, and we will give you the man."

It has even been known for pregnant Christian women to read the Bible to their bulging bellies. How's that for getting to them early?

Wrong.  It's the story of Horus, son of Osiris, one of the Gods of Egypt.

Keep worshipping your Jesus/Horus.  Whatever makes you feel better inside.

Are you saying that Jesus never existed or are you saying that he existed, but that he is not the Son of God?

Wrong.  It's the story of Horus, son of Osiris, one of the Gods of Egypt.

Most of the details you mention seem to be missing from this account.

http://menic.utexas.edu/cairo/teachers/osiris.pdf

Or this one.

http://socsci.colorado.edu/LAB/GODS/horus.html

Or this one.

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/myt.../horus_sun.html

Or this one (indirect link because of adult language)

http://history.hanover.edu/courses/260w00lu.html

Or this one.

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/asb/an...gypt/horus.html

Or this one.

http://www.ctio.noao.edu/instruments/ir_in...2soar/tale.html

Or even this one.

http://www.egyptianmyths.net/horus.htm

Where are the accounts containing the alleged parallels?

Keep worshipping your Jesus/Horus.  Whatever makes you feel better inside.

The list you gave us is the fraud.

Support your claims if you can.

The list you gave us is the fraud.

Support your claims if you can.

LOL!

Bryan, you make yourself look dumber and dumber by the post. Doesn't it ever occur to you to do the least research before you make idiotic accusations like these? Every reputable historian of this time period is well-aware of the similarities between the Jesus myth and other savior myths of the time. Horus is one of those Jesus has an exceptional lot in common with. Here's your evidence (it itself containing citations):

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

Read it and weep. :ninja:

Thank you Matthew! You might feel alone in this fight, but rest assured you have so much support in this from across the country. There are religious schools for those who so choose, keep public schools safe from proseletizing for the rest of us! Where is the line? Can employers start hiring only Christians like themselves? You are fighting a good fight, and have done it intelligently- thank you!