BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest This will get worse
Talk about the RATS fleeing the ship. The current BOE members running for re-election voted for the Middle School OR AT THE VERY LEAST GAVE THEIR TACIT APPROVAL before they voted against it. OMG

The BMcD crew made Degeser put an Ad in the FRONT PAGE of The Observer to give them cover. What a disgrace and proof that the current Status Quo is a JOKE.

The gang of Idiots called The BOE are running for cover now that the public is on to their rubber stamp mode of ruining our schools.

How transparent can Degesere be. PROTECT BMcD.

Ask yourself, why would the Observer run that front page puff piece that's obviously intended to neutralize the Digeser Folly of a middle school in the Board of Ed election? What is the Observer's horse in the race? That paper won't run a small photo of a ribbon cutting for a new business without that business buying an advertisement. Makes you wonder how he got a front page puff piece.

Guest kearny4life

This thread has quite the following...I wonder how many of you will show up to vote in the next election...or are you just here to catch up on the local gossip.

It really is ashame how out of control this whole thing has become...

who cares if a BOE member ate during a meeting? Maybe she was really hungry! Why is this so scandalous?

Just to set something straight.. AD only has one daughter working in town. It isn't unheard of for people to come back and teach in their hometown after they graduate.

I have met JC many times and he has been nothing but wonderful to me AND to the children. They are crazy about him.

I heard about the middle school back in October and can't believe it took this long for the Observer to mention it. I was told it was a done deal and there was nothing anyone could do about it. I KNOW for a fact that it was discussed with the BOE.

I have had to several projects in the last few years involving the BOE meeting minutes and they are not as readily availible as some are leading us to believe...on the KearnySchools site, they are at least 2 months behind, the office never calls back, and GOD help you if you just show up.

Guest CHANGE NEEDED
This thread has quite the following...I wonder how many of you will show up to vote in the next election...or are you just here to catch up on the local gossip.

It really is ashame how out of control this whole thing has become...

who cares if a BOE member ate during a meeting? Maybe she was really hungry! Why is this so scandalous?

Just to set something straight.. AD only has one daughter working in town. It isn't unheard of for people to come back and teach in their hometown after they graduate.

I have met JC many times and he has been nothing but wonderful to me AND to the children. They are crazy about him.

I heard about the middle school back in October and can't believe it took this long for the Observer to mention it. I was told it was a done deal and there was nothing anyone could do about it. I KNOW for a fact that it was discussed with the BOE.

I have had to several projects in the last few years involving the BOE meeting minutes and they are not as readily availible as some are leading us to believe...on the KearnySchools site, they are at least 2 months behind, the office never calls back, and GOD help you if you just show up.

Everyone knows for a fact that the middle school issue was discussed with the current BOE.

Degesere is lying when he says he is just exploring the idea. It is common knowledge that Degesere has already hired a consultant under the guise of districting evaluation. PLEASE

How does all the Franklin School residents feel about being the ONLY area in town that will not have an elementary school if this BAD idea is pushed through?

The Observer article is just cover for the current BOE candidates running for re-election. The fact that they need cover is sad but true. The three of them need to step down or be voted out.

The food eating issue is not really scandalous it is more disrespectful than scandalous. If she is hungry then eat on the way to the meeting or after the meeting not when a taxpayer is trying to speak to you.

As far as Alan Doffant and his daughter, Harrison is their hometown not Kearny.

Regardless of what hometown they are from Alan Doffant's daughter ( There are two teaching in Kearny) and Bernadette Mc Donald or anyone else's family running for the BOE or any public office should not be included in these posts at all. The fact that it goes to their credibility and self serving agendas is already proven by their past actions.

Alan Doffant is the principal of Harrisons middle school thats ironic and interesting. What does Alan Doffant think of the Harrison middle school. While speaking of AD it is common knowledge that he is either late or doesn't show up at all to the majority of BOE meetings. AD is the representative from the current BOE for athletics, has anyone ever seen him attend any sporting function?

If Alan is so busy why is he running for re-election? I will tell you why, because Bernadette asked him to thru her fear that the challengers are such a strong ticket that she needs all the help she can get.

VOTE 1-3-6 1= King 3= Munro 6=O'Malley CHANGE IS NEEDED NOW.

Guest Guest
Jackass ? I can see you are a highly educated individual? Look in the mirror, you think there needs to be a BOE meeting before discussions on issues are held? You think all the minutes of BOE meetings are truly kept word for word? I have a bridge you can buy.

So lets see genious you actually believe the garbage on the front page of The Observer is true?

Ask all the teachers that our great Superintendent told a whole other set of LIES to. Talk to the 300+ senior citizens that were told yet another fabrication.

If BMcD/AD and JS weren't puppets of Degesere why would he go to all the trouble of moving up an interview and lying to every person who reads it? If he wasn't terrified that his little puppet group on the BOE and it's most hated (BMcD) member who support the middle school weren't about to get buried in the upcoming election due to the uproar of the entire town the transparent articel would have not needed to be released. Try and get your little arrogant brain around logic.

Desperation is setting in as the curtain goes down on the old gang of do nothings. This BOE election and the next two elections after that will rid our town of this plague of deceipt and lies.

All current BOE members MUST GET OUT>

You know, people like this give "stupid" a bad name. The solution is always just around the corner. Just throw out the bums. Whomever is in office, it's all their fault. They're the reason you have to pay taxes and rake leaves and your kids aren't in million-dollar jobs supporting you. If you have to choose between one choice with some good points and some bad, and another choice with some good points and some bad, that's all their fault. Whatever isn't perfect is their fault. So let's elect some brainless nitwits like this guy who have no idea what they're talking about and all our problems will be solved. Does he propose any real answers? Of course not. Meanwhile, check our the spelling and grammatical errors, poor syntax and wildly distorted claims that are based purely on fantasy and not at all backed up by facts.

I'm no fan or Degesere or the BOE. Most BOE's stink. But if you think guys like this are the answer, then I have a bridge to sell you!

Guest Guest
Kearny residents who have attended the BOE meetings and tried to participate have been laughed at and treated with disrespect. Now all of a sudden that the current members realize the people are sick of the same old self serving agendas and are ready to vote them out it's time for all us dumb folk to attend BOE meetings to finally realize how lucky we are to have such a great group of people on the BOE.

No thank you.

It's true. The BOE is regularly contemptuous and disrespectful of the people, especially the parents. They act as though the school system is their property.

All the same, I'm not convinced that Dumber is a good alternative to Dumb.

Guest Observer Article
Ask yourself, why would the Observer run that front page puff piece that's obviously intended to neutralize the Digeser Folly of a middle school in the Board of Ed election? What is the Observer's horse in the race? That paper won't run a small photo of a ribbon cutting for a new business without that business buying an advertisement. Makes you wonder how he got a front page puff piece.

If you have to ask yourself why Degesere would go out of his way to protect his three sheep then you are obviously asleep at the wheel.

Guest WAKE UP
"The LIES and cover ups never cease." This is a pretty strong accusation which seriously lacks any supporting evidence. If Mr. Degesere spoke to the BOE on two separate occasions regarding the Middle School issue, it would be included in the board's minutes from those meetings. The minutes are public record available to everyone. Pick up a copy and check them out. You will see that nothing was proposed to the BOE by the the Superintendent. It was discussed once in an open public meeting last month when a parent spoke up about his concerns for any such idea after hearing "rumors". Mr. Degesere's response to the parent at that meeting was the same as he indicated in the Observer article. He also spoke about it at Roosevelt school PTA meeting and doesn't deny doing so. What better forum to begin bringing his ideas to the parents in the school district than at a school PTA meeting. The problem here is that this is Kearny and parents participation in the PTA organizations is low.

As for lies and cover ups, everything the board does is out in the open for everyone to see. Again, the problem is that the parents and the taxpayers from this town don't attend the board meetings to see the good work that is actually happening to benefit our children. The "rumor" mill is strong and is allowed to flourish because of personal agendas and misinformation. Kearny residents should start attending the meetings and voice their concerns. It is an open forum and would eliminate any potential "cover ups".

Mr. Degesere indicated in the interview that it was "affecting the BOE race." How true! This race is supposed to be NON-political to elect townspeople to a board that governs our schools and runs them for the benefit of our kids. Reading this blog only shows peoples agendas are contrary to serving the educational needs of our children.

KEARNY RESIDENTS WAKE UP!!! Attend board meetings and become informed.

What is happening here is the revelations of past and present practices of current BOE members.

It is long overdue and time for them to be held accountable.

Everything the the board does is out in the open< are you for real? The back room deals and self serving agendas in your opinion serve the educational needs of our children. You must not live in Kearny to make that statement.

Your position is the taxpayers need to attend the BOE meetings to see the good work the current gang is doing. We don't need to go to the meetings to see that they as a whole are failing our kids and this town terribly.

Guest Guest
Everyone knows for a fact that the middle school issue was discussed with the current BOE.

Degesere is lying when he says he is just exploring the idea. It is common knowledge that Degesere has already hired a consultant under the guise of districting evaluation. PLEASE

How does all the Franklin School residents feel about being the ONLY area in town that will not have an elementary school if this BAD idea is pushed through?

The Observer article is just cover for the current BOE candidates running for re-election. The fact that they need cover is sad but true. The three of them need to step down or be voted out.

The food eating issue is not really scandalous it is more disrespectful than scandalous. If she is hungry then eat on the way to the meeting or after the meeting not when a taxpayer is trying to speak to you.

Regardless of what hometown they are from Alan Doffant's daughter ( There are two teaching in Kearny) and Bernadette Mc Donald or anyone else's family running for the BOE or any public office should not be included in these posts at all. The fact that it goes to their credibility and self serving agendas is already proven by their past actions.

Alan Doffant is the principal of Harrisons middle school thats ironic and interesting. What does Alan Doffant think of the Harrison middle school. While speaking of AD it is common knowledge that he is either late or doesn't show up at all to the majority of BOE meetings. AD is the representative from the current BOE for athletics, has anyone ever seen him attend any sporting function?

If Alan is so busy why is he running for re-election? I will tell you why, because Bernadette asked him to thru her fear that the challengers are such a strong ticket that she needs all the help she can get.

CHANGE IS NEEDED NOW? Mr Campbell, I thought I covered this already. You attached your “Change" slogan to ALL of your anonymous posts on this forum while running for town council and it didn't help you win. I see that you’re still seriously lacking originality in the slogan department. Moving the words around still will not help you. It's really sad that you can't be a productive member of the board of ed because it was what you were elected to do. This board seems is doing the right thing for the children and the taxpayers of Kearny in spite of you.

Guest Guest
Kearny residents who have attended the BOE meetings and tried to participate have been laughed at and treated with disrespect. Now all of a sudden that the current members realize the people are sick of the same old self serving agendas and are ready to vote them out it's time for all us dumb folk to attend BOE meetings to finally realize how lucky we are to have such a great group of people on the BOE.

No thank you.

Excuses will never fix any problems. Sounds like you have alot of excuses.

Guest Guest
Go to the meetings so BMcD and GS can laugh at our kids? Go to the meetings and watch disrespectfull BOE members eat while taxpayers are speaking? Go to meetings where LS doesn't care about legal costs?

Go to meetings run by the ICE PRINCESS?

You would be better off going to hell.

John Cambell is a very powerful man to be able to control so much of the BOE agenda. There are so many people on this chat site that are petrified of him that it is amusing and yet disgusting at the same time.

The only dissenting voice on the BOE and he is villanized to no end. HMMMMM Makes you wonder???

Why are they trying to discredit him so much?

TRUTH HURTS

BYE BYE old guard, Hello King, Munro and O'Malley a breath of fresh air who only cares about our kids.

Thank GOD

John Campbell doesn't need to be a very powerful man to be able to control so much of the BOE agenda. He controls it with his lack of respect for the children, the taxpayers, the other members of the board and the administrators in this district. And I wouldn't say he is villainized to no end for having a dissenting voice on the BOE because having a dissenting voice would be an asset. John Campbell causes his own problems because he will pick a fight with anyone that disagrees with him and then will get someone else to fight his fight for him. It would be one thing for John Campbell to voice his concerns and opinions on an issue while holding his ground on his principles and convictions. That is what board members were elected to do. However, his grand standing and ball-breaking tactics against any board member that oppose his position do not serve the children or the public good. It creates a less than favorable environment for the board to function performing the district's business. As a board member, he has ONE vote, the same ONE vote as each of the other eight members. John Campbell's problem is that he wants full control of the board, similar to that of a dictatorship, not for the best interest of the children but for his own best interests.

If anyone discredits John Campbell, it's John Campbell himself.

Guest Miss Crabtree
And which board member is this?

Not a board member, just punching more holes into a post that already looks like swiss cheese. The problem here is that anyone with a limited knowledge of how the boe works can post anything their little imaginations come up with while bringing their biased opinions with them as proof. Opinions are one thing, but accurate information is a whole different animal. It's unfortunate that readers with NO knowledge of the truth can be persuaded to believe the worst of anything they read. Most of this crap can't pass the smell test. I'm sorry I responded the first time. I won't make that mistake again.

Guest Confused

I know that money is tight in most school districts in NJ and especially Kearny but can anyone explain to me why John Campbell is pushing hard for the layoffs of teachers and staff when other avenues of cost savings have yet to be explored? He is talking as if Kearny doesn't need any teachers at all. He is also pushing for the permanent elimination of these jobs. With student enrollments increasing, who will teach our children?

Guest Guest

Obviously, you do not like Alan. He only has ONE daughter teaching; the other daughter is still in college. The daughter that is teaching grew up in Kearny so THIS is her hometown. If you can't come up with hard facts as to why Alan shouldn't be re-elected, then be quiet.

Guest See ya
Obviously, you do not like Alan. He only has ONE daughter teaching; the other daughter is still in college. The daughter that is teaching grew up in Kearny so THIS is her hometown. If you can't come up with hard facts as to why Alan shouldn't be re-elected, then be quiet.

Since you are obviously supporting Alan and the same tired old crew lets set the record straight.

You have a selective memory and worse reading skills so your not a teacher, how surprising.

I wrote that Alan is always late or doesn't attend BOE meetings at all. I also wrote that Alan is the BOE representative of athletics yet never attends any sporting events.

I don't see any response about Alan being a middle school principal in Harrison?

There's your HARD FACTS.

Here is another hard fact, I stand corrected on the second daughter being a teacher YET. You are correct she is in college to become a teacher where do you think she will get a job???

I like Alan as a person not as a representative on the BOE.

Unlike you it's not personal it's business.

Guest Stupid BM
You know, people like this give "stupid" a bad name. The solution is always just around the corner. Just throw out the bums. Whomever is in office, it's all their fault. They're the reason you have to pay taxes and rake leaves and your kids aren't in million-dollar jobs supporting you. If you have to choose between one choice with some good points and some bad, and another choice with some good points and some bad, that's all their fault. Whatever isn't perfect is their fault. So let's elect some brainless nitwits like this guy who have no idea what they're talking about and all our problems will be solved. Does he propose any real answers? Of course not. Meanwhile, check our the spelling and grammatical errors, poor syntax and wildly distorted claims that are based purely on fantasy and not at all backed up by facts.

I'm no fan or Degesere or the BOE. Most BOE's stink. But if you think guys like this are the answer, then I have a bridge to sell you!

Number one you are not teaching or grading kids on this forum it's the opinion of a taxpayer. Who the hell do you think you are? Your big rebuttal is the person isn't intelligent enough for your liking.

Grammatical errors, poor syntax and widly distorted claims, PLEASE.

GRADE THE WRITER WITH AN F Miss Crabtree BUT THE MESSAGE IS WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU !!!!!!!!

The solution is around the corner. April 20th is packing day for your dear friend.

Guest Miss Crabtree
Not a board member, just punching more holes into a post that already looks like swiss cheese. The problem here is that anyone with a limited knowledge of how the boe works can post anything their little imaginations come up with while bringing their biased opinions with them as proof. Opinions are one thing, but accurate information is a whole different animal. It's unfortunate that readers with NO knowledge of the truth can be persuaded to believe the worst of anything they read. Most of this crap can't pass the smell test. I'm sorry I responded the first time. I won't make that mistake again.

So Swiss Cheese Head please bless us with your extensive knowledge about the BOE. Are you the FBI?

Maybe you can clear up all the little backroom deals and actions that go on?

You will make the same mistake and respond with your garbage opinion again, no doubt , you are so full of yourself you won't be able to pass it up. :)

Guest kearny4life
Since you are obviously supporting Alan and the same tired old crew lets set the record straight.

You have a selective memory and worse reading skills so your not a teacher, how surprising.

I wrote that Alan is always late or doesn't attend BOE meetings at all. I also wrote that Alan is the BOE representative of athletics yet never attends any sporting events.

I don't see any response about Alan being a middle school principal in Harrison?

There's your HARD FACTS.

Here is another hard fact, I stand corrected on the second daughter being a teacher YET. You are correct she is in college to become a teacher where do you think she will get a job???

I like Alan as a person not as a representative on the BOE.

Unlike you it's not personal it's business.

You are abslolutly 100% correct about AD being a middle school principal and not attending and being late to BOE meetings. When he does show up, he doesn't or can't vote on anything because it would be a conflicit of interest because his daughter is a teacher. I was never arguing your point or the facts. However, I felt it was important to make sure all that read this thread have ALL the facts and not rumors posted on the internet.

Guest Guest
Number one you are not teaching or grading kids on this forum it's the opinion of a taxpayer. Who the hell do you think you are? Your big rebuttal is the person isn't intelligent enough for your liking.

Grammatical errors, poor syntax and widly distorted claims, PLEASE.

GRADE THE WRITER WITH AN F Miss Crabtree BUT THE MESSAGE IS WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU !!!!!!!!

The solution is around the corner. April 20th is packing day for your dear friend.

In other words you have absolutely nothing to say, which was the problem in the first place. Who the hell do you think you are making wild accusations you don't support with any facts and telling the people how they're going to vote? I'm a taxpayer just like you are. Difference is, I think about things before I write them.

Guest Guest
So Swiss Cheese Head please bless us with your extensive knowledge about the BOE. Are you the FBI?

Maybe you can clear up all the little backroom deals and actions that go on?

You will make the same mistake and respond with your garbage opinion again, no doubt , you are so full of yourself you won't be able to pass it up. :blink:

You can't be this naive. The BOE runs on nepotism and back scratching and the problem is it always has. Just voting out the current lot won't solve the problem because the next crew will have their own agendas. What's sad is that we put $50 million in the hands of these nitwits.

Boards of Ed are the reason teachers, administartors, and support staff need to have powerful unions.

You can't be this naive. The BOE runs on nepotism and back scratching and the problem is it always has. Just voting out the current lot won't solve the problem because the next crew will have their own agendas. What's sad is that we put $50 million in the hands of these nitwits.

Boards of Ed are the reason teachers, administartors, and support staff need to have powerful unions.

Like I said your so full of yourself you couldn't pass up a chance to open your big mouth.

You are so easy. :-)

Guest John Cambell
I know that money is tight in most school districts in NJ and especially Kearny but can anyone explain to me why John Campbell is pushing hard for the layoffs of teachers and staff when other avenues of cost savings have yet to be explored? He is talking as if Kearny doesn't need any teachers at all. He is also pushing for the permanent elimination of these jobs. With student enrollments increasing, who will teach our children?

Fiscal responsibility is why John Cambell is exploring other options, as he should.

Just because Degesere promised no lay offs at the taxpayers expense doesn't make it so.

He wants to raise our taxes to keep his promise. Give us all a break.

Teachers should not be touched but what about all the " hall monitors", "lunch room monitors", etc.

Wake up, we don't have the money!!

Guest Take a pill
In other words you have absolutely nothing to say, which was the problem in the first place. Who the hell do you think you are making wild accusations you don't support with any facts and telling the people how they're going to vote? I'm a taxpayer just like you are. Difference is, I think about things before I write them.

It is wonderful how little people with big mouths are so tuff on a web site.

I bet you are some little nerd in real life?

I have plenty to say but the facts will have to wait until The FBI is done with the current BOE crowd.

Stay in touch. XO :-)

Just 25 days until we say goodbye to the Ice Princess and her two lock step flunkies

Guest Sunshine ahead
You are abslolutly 100% correct about AD being a middle school principal and not attending and being late to BOE meetings. When he does show up, he doesn't or can't vote on anything because it would be a conflicit of interest because his daughter is a teacher. I was never arguing your point or the facts. However, I felt it was important to make sure all that read this thread have ALL the facts and not rumors posted on the internet.

Alan is a good man, good father and good husband but, as you said he either can't vote because his daughter is a teacher or isn't there to vote for whatever reason.

If Alan is so busy why is he running again? The word is Bernedette asked him to because she needed a respectable person on her ticket. I hope the rumor that he is running for her and then stepping down so she can put another one of her rubber stamps in is false?

When Degesere was speaking at the BOE meeting last Monday and spinning his web about the middle school issue the entire time Bernedette was NODDING HER HEAD UP AND DOWN LIKE A TOY DOG IN THE BACK OF A CAR. For someone who claims not to have a position on the middle school she made her position crystal clear to all who attended the meeting.

It is time to let a new group of people tackle the issues that face us today. The old crew has been there for some time now and we have nothing to show for it.

Guest Bernedette is that you?

Bernedette,

Check your blood pressure Dude.

Don't worry you can live without corrupting our kids and town after we vote you out.

Guest Board of Taxation
Fiscal responsibility is why John Cambell is exploring other options, as he should.

Just because Degesere promised no lay offs at the taxpayers expense doesn't make it so.

He wants to raise our taxes to keep his promise. Give us all a break.

Teachers should not be touched but what about all the " hall monitors", "lunch room monitors", etc.

Wake up, we don't have the money!!

Mr. Degesere held a "pep rally" this week for our teachers. Again trying to pick up support for his puppet show (the current board of ed). He told the teachers that they would be ok with all the cuts coming from the State, but he has not told the Taxpayers that for everything to be "business as usual" taxes will be going UP again, at a rate of about $110.00 per $100,000 of your homes assessed value.

It is time to take the BOE in the right direction. Stop Board members from calling Administrators, teachers and COACHES to get SPECIAL favors for them and their families. Let our staff do their jobs without intimidation and fear of action being taken against them for making the RIGHT decisions and not what the special interests wants.

On April 20, 2010, voters have the opportunity to start changing the BOE for the BETTER, for our Kids and the Town. Vote King, Munro, O'Malley, three individuals who will serve on the BOE for the right reasons....Kearny's Children.