BOE

Guest Wondering

Guest Guest
You said you would be embarassed that someone voting for JM/GK or BOM would tell the truth? There were no insults to BMcD's child just another instance of her abusing her position to further her child and friends.

You should be embarassed that you support all the dirty deeds being done and the current BOE for allowing it.

Go back and read what I posted. "I would be embarassed that someone like you was voting for me"

Guest Guest
Can someone explain what the Middle School COncept is?

Well, I could be wrong, but from what I hear they want to make Franklin School the Middle School. Is this wrong?

Guest Equal Rights
I wouldn't want to comment on the nonsense written here, but when I am referred to in a post, I feel I must set the record straight. I NEVER made a statement at a BOE meeting that I didn't care about the cost of legal fees. Please post the minutes from the meeting you are referring.

LS since you are obviously a BOE Member can you please post the minutes that relate to the meetings regarding charging local teams fees to use our schools? If not the actual minutes can you direct me in how to obtain this information?

Thank you.

I am very interested in knowing if BMcD had a vote in an obvious conflict of intrest issue and if the fees apply to all or just the soccer teams that BMcD has a vendetta against.

Guest GUEST
Go back and read what I posted. "I would be embarassed that someone like you was voting for me"

LOL Then I can assume that you are a candidiate or just a faux moral advocate.

Someone like me who refuses to drink the cool ade.

Guest Guest
Well, I could be wrong, but from what I hear they want to make Franklin School the Middle School. Is this wrong?

Thanks, but could someone explain it in more detail?

So would the others schools just be elementary schools?

Guest Guest

First, with all this talk of the VP salaries, how about gym teachers earning about $100,000. Isn't that a bit too much considering that they are only Gym teachers. Secondly, I somewhat agree with this middle school concept but I also feel that Kearny has too many schools.

Guest Guest
How can someone find out if Kearny United payed or not? If Thistle had to pay then Kearny United better have or BMcD needs to be criminally prosecuted and made to resign immedietly.

Any information on how to obtain the truth in this matter would be appreciated and followed up on in court if needed. This is shameful and if true disgraceful.

Anyone may apply for a permit. This election is supppose to be about the issues not Thistle vs Kearny United. People really need to read between the lines because all the crap on here is a personal attack on a soccer coach and people that may be her friends. Does the Thistle camp think it would be different if they were able to have someone in place on the board? It won't be. The BOE has policies in place so they stay out of the permits.

Guest Guest

Hey LS, who in the hell do you exactly think you are? I mean you work for a *********** for chrissakes. People voicing their opinions are "nonsense"? I guess we should just trim a little fat off the constitution and deny freedom of speech. Aren't you also a member who got your relative a job in the High School as a Hall Monitor? And I agree with the person who posted about you saying you don't care about legal fees being spent on KL. I was at the meeeting and no exactly when and why you said it, and over what topic. Oh wait, you GRADUATED WITH KL the Board attorney! OH this gets better! No wonder you dont mind him getting extra exhorbant fees and benefits, I mean, in what other town do they pay the Board Attorney's benefits? I get it, when the Attorney's Dad was the ex-mayor of Kearny! LOL, man you cannot make this stuff up!

Guest Guest
I haven't heard any names yet. I'll bet 2 smoot can tell you who's running for BOE in Wocester, Massachusetts though.

George King, John Munro and Bob O'Malley are running against Bernadette McDonald, Joe Sgalia and Alan Doffant.

Guest BS Post
Anyone may apply for a permit. This election is supppose to be about the issues not Thistle vs Kearny United. People really need to read between the lines because all the crap on here is a personal attack on a soccer coach and people that may be her friends. Does the Thistle camp think it would be different if they were able to have someone in place on the board? It won't be. The BOE has policies in place so they stay out of the permits.

Are you from another planet? This is not about a soccer coach and people who may be her friend or not. Go a step further and explain how this soccer coach (victum's) husband got a job on the BOE ?

This is about the issues !!!!! The issues is the current BOE President is using her power to benefit her kid and hurt other peoples kids, it's not a Thistle or Kearny United issue it's a Town of Kearny issue. It shows favoritism in just one of many areas of concern to Kearny taxpayers and parents. Equal treatment on all issues not just soccer.

Read between the lines ?????? Facts are Facts no need to read between the lines.

Since you refer to " The Thistle Camp" you must be a "Kearny United Camp "advocate so own it and grow up.

Guest Boo Who

So to make a long story short, TOO LATE

The BOE has policies and permits. The big question is why does either team have to pay to use the gyms?

The question is "DID KEARNY UNITED PAY LIKE THISTLE HAD TO" ???

No one wants to read about your persecution theory of a " soccer coach".

Get over yourself.

Soccer, Hockey, Football, Basketball, Baseball, etc. GET IT

Guest HYPOCRISY

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.WHAT A DOUBLE STANDARD. " This election is supposed to be about the issues" PLEASE

Poor John Cambell and the new candidates running for the BOE are crucified on a regular basis for even knowing one another or possibly being related but GOD forbid someone question her highness (BMcD) and her friendships (FH) and its a CONSPIRACY OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. Tell me again where the issues are on that subject matter?

No one cares about Thistle or Kearny United ( Except You) we care about the ethics or should I say lack of ethics at the highest level of the current BOE.

Perfect reflection of the way things are run currently at The BOE.

Please keep sending in your post's it will be very easy to defeat the incumbents in a landslide with those articulate opinions you present.

Thank you

Guest Guest
First, with all this talk of the VP salaries, how about gym teachers earning about $100,000. Isn't that a bit too much considering that they are only Gym teachers. Secondly, I somewhat agree with this middle school concept but I also feel that Kearny has too many schools.

Gym teachers are on teachers' contract because they are TEACHERS. Each starts out with a bachelor's degree and most have continued their education to receive higher degrees. They are entitled to their contractual raises and lateral raises achieved by advanced degrees. Most of our gym teachers are also teaching health classes. If one (or more gym teachers) is making $100,000 then they have minimally a master's degree with 32+ additional graduate level credits and more than 25 years longevity in the Kearny Public Schools.

Too many schools! That's like saying Kearny has too many children. None of the 7 schools (both elementary and hs) have any room to spare. Class sizes in many schools are out of control. All of our schools are overcrowded. If you dare reminisce about classes or 30 and 40 when you were a kid, I'll tell you now that parents are not taking responsibility for their children the way our parents did. 27 kids in a classroom today is unmanageable and unacceptable.

I don't think we have to build a new school building, but the idea of a middle school might just serve Kearny. The cost initially will be great, but the potential for efficient spending in the future could allow the district to recoup the initial expenditure in a few years.

Guest REALLY

What is this all about ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Most ridiculous post I have ever read.

LS since you are obviously a BOE Member can you please post the minutes that relate to the meetings regarding charging local teams fees to use our schools? If not the actual minutes can you direct me in how to obtain this information?

Thank you.

I am very interested in knowing if BMcD had a vote in an obvious conflict of intrest issue and if the fees apply to all or just the soccer teams that BMcD has a vendetta against.

You could contact the BOE and speak with the person who handles permits. The information you are requesting are public record, so you may be required to fill out a form. Also on the back of the permits issued, there is a list of the fees charged.

As far as a personal vendetta, I have not seen BMcD hold anything against any individual or team. She has always been fair. The BOE gave all permit related items to facilities to do away with any conflict. At the time we had two board members involved in different soccer leagues, so to be fair to all, facilities issues the permits. Hope this helped.

Guest Guest
Gym teachers are on teachers' contract because they are TEACHERS. Each starts out with a bachelor's degree and most have continued their education to receive higher degrees. They are entitled to their contractual raises and lateral raises achieved by advanced degrees. Most of our gym teachers are also teaching health classes. If one (or more gym teachers) is making $100,000 then they have minimally a master's degree with 32+ additional graduate level credits and more than 25 years longevity in the Kearny Public Schools.

Too many schools! That's like saying Kearny has too many children. None of the 7 schools (both elementary and hs) have any room to spare. Class sizes in many schools are out of control. All of our schools are overcrowded. If you dare reminisce about classes or 30 and 40 when you were a kid, I'll tell you now that parents are not taking responsibility for their children the way our parents did. 27 kids in a classroom today is unmanageable and unacceptable.

I don't think we have to build a new school building, but the idea of a middle school might just serve Kearny. The cost initially will be great, but the potential for efficient spending in the future could allow the district to recoup the initial expenditure in a few years.

Well maybe if Kearny did something about illegal apartments, then class size would be smaller. On my street alone there are over 10 kids living in illegal apartments.

Guest Guest
Are you from another planet? This is not about a soccer coach and people who may be her friend or not. Go a step further and explain how this soccer coach (victum's) husband got a job on the BOE ?

This is about the issues !!!!! The issues is the current BOE President is using her power to benefit her kid and hurt other peoples kids, it's not a Thistle or Kearny United issue it's a Town of Kearny issue. It shows favoritism in just one of many areas of concern to Kearny taxpayers and parents. Equal treatment on all issues not just soccer.

Read between the lines ?????? Facts are Facts no need to read between the lines.

Since you refer to " The Thistle Camp" you must be a "Kearny United Camp "advocate so own it and grow up.

You must be a parent from the Roosevelt School area. Only they can cry this loud.

Guest JCIsTheDevil
I was informed by a friend about this Kearny on the web and this is my first time ever looking at it.

My first question is why are peoples initials and not their names used? I have quite a bit more to ask all the people on this forum? Why would someone who is alledgedly arrogant and rich want to work for nothing and take all the typed abuse I see on this forum unless this JM truly cares about the kids? I read that John Cambell is currentl a BOE member and that he is the cousin of JM but when that was challanged it was never responded to so I assume that was another feeble attempt to slander this JM. I read a lot of negative things about this John Cambell ( Why is his full name and no one elses used? ) is he Hitlers grandson or something? The venom relating to this poor man is scary.

I can only assume that the person slandering this JM ( Is JM a Man or Woman?) is doing so because he/she is running against BMcD ? As an outsider looking in and reading all the prior posts JM has the right attitude and obviously the ability to be a BOE member. Why he/she would want to , other than to help the children in this town is beyond me. If he/she is arrogant and rich why not just stay out of the mudslinging and enjoy his/her money at home? It seems that JM is a very benevolent person with his wealth so that makes him a bad person? If he is rich why does he stay in Kearny? No insult to the town intended but there are nicer towns he could live in. JM obviously grew up in this town and was lucky enough to make a good living so the fact that he stays in the town he grew up in despite his money makes me think he is a loyal and honorable resident of the town. As far as buying a seat on the BOE, two things come to mind: 1st this is an unpaid position correct?, why would he want to buy a seat on an unpaid board? 2nd look at our political system and see how many millions of politicians own money goes into campagns for elected office so whats the issue?

Since the current BOE is in a shambles and seems to be nothing more than a rubber stamp for BMcD ( Is that person a Man or Woman?) and BMcD has been The BOE President for years with nothing good to show for it, BMcD should step aside and let fresh eyes look at and challange the issues .

GK ( Again is GK a man or woman?) I see that GK is a Policeman and a dedicated father who like JM is being slandered. The defensive post about the meeting where BMcD laughs at his son is so transparent that it is an insult to any sane persons intelligence. Laughing at children who try to be part of and experience the way government is run is sad and worthy of scorn. BMcD should be ashamed of herself. GK is another person who will get my vote.

In these troubled times a Policeman and a security expert on the BOE that protects out most precious things in life, OUR KIDS sounds like a GREAT thing to me.

BOM again not sure if this person is a Man or a Woman ? BOM is another family man who runs his own business. coaches and contributes to recreation teams and town events, has children in the system makes him an excellent candidate and worthy of my vote.

So in summing up my novice opinion we have JM/GK/BOM all respectable. honest, hard working parents of childeren in the Kearny school system who's main agenda is to do whats right for our kids or the othe current BOE Board who have done nothing but hire their friends and relatives is a no brainer.

I will take the Security expert, the Police Officer and the business owner every day of the week.

Is he Hitlers grandson or something??? No, I don't think so. I would say he is probably first cousins with the Jersey Devil at most.

Both have beady little eyes. Both have horns coming out of their heads. Both have long, pointed tails. And neither one is too bright. See the resemblence???

Guest OnPoint
You should be more concerned with the laptop scandal, or the Disney scandal, or the soccer coach scandal from a few years ago. Take your pick.

As a taxpayer and parent, I am concerned with all of the scandals. However, as far as I can tell, the laptop scandal was handled. The Disney scandal is old news but even that was handled. The soccer coach scandal really isn't a scandal just yet. The JM crew will have to work a little harder and have to cry a little louder to give the impression that a scandal exists.

I want to know about the KHS jacket scandal. It involves a coach, a KBOE member and a "borrowed" football jacket. John Campbell, an elected KBOE member, went on public record at multiple KBOE meetings DENYING he did any wrongdoing only to find out a few weeks later that a secret audio tape existed. Then things got crazy and Mr. Campbell got REALLY nervous. The tape, which was allegedly made by the coach who was afraid of Mr. Campbell and afraid for his job, appears to contradict Mr Campbell's statement on public record. I don't think there's enough kool aid in the world to suppress this firestorm about to occur. Mr Campbell and friends are afraid if this tape was ever made public, it would expose his lack of integrity and his outright lies. It would expose GK, JM and OM to credibility issues. They should not have Mr Campbell as their campaign manager. It is truely sad but it is all down hill from here.

Hey LS, who in the hell do you exactly think you are? I mean you work for a *********** for chrissakes. People voicing their opinions are "nonsense"? I guess we should just trim a little fat off the constitution and deny freedom of speech. Aren't you also a member who got your relative a job in the High School as a Hall Monitor? And I agree with the person who posted about you saying you don't care about legal fees being spent on KL. I was at the meeeting and no exactly when and why you said it, and over what topic. Oh wait, you GRADUATED WITH KL the Board attorney! OH this gets better! No wonder you dont mind him getting extra exhorbant fees and benefits, I mean, in what other town do they pay the Board Attorney's benefits? I get it, when the Attorney's Dad was the ex-mayor of Kearny! LOL, man you cannot make this stuff up!

I repeat I never said I didn't care about legal fees please post the minutes of when this took place. Also, I never got a relative a job as a hall monitor. You are right, I did graduate with KL, but never saw him until I was on the board. You can say anything you want because of the Constitution and freedom of speech, but please make sure it is true.

Guest Guest
Well maybe if Kearny did something about illegal apartments, then class size would be smaller. On my street alone there are over 10 kids living in illegal apartments.

Have you contacted the town about the apartments?

Guest Guest
Thanks, but could someone explain it in more detail?

So would the others schools just be elementary schools?

Yes, from what I believe, that would be the plan. I actually heard this from my child who overheard some teachers talking about it at the high school. Make Franklin the Middle School and all other schools the elementary schools.

Guest Guest

So why haven't you notified the Building Department?

Guest Guest
As a taxpayer and parent, I am concerned with all of the scandals. However, as far as I can tell, the laptop scandal was handled. The Disney scandal is old news but even that was handled. The soccer coach scandal really isn't a scandal just yet. The JM crew will have to work a little harder and have to cry a little louder to give the impression that a scandal exists.

I want to know about the KHS jacket scandal. It involves a coach, a KBOE member and a "borrowed" football jacket. John Campbell, an elected KBOE member, went on public record at multiple KBOE meetings DENYING he did any wrongdoing only to find out a few weeks later that a secret audio tape existed. Then things got crazy and Mr. Campbell got REALLY nervous. The tape, which was allegedly made by the coach who was afraid of Mr. Campbell and afraid for his job, appears to contradict Mr Campbell's statement on public record. I don't think there's enough kool aid in the world to suppress this firestorm about to occur. Mr Campbell and friends are afraid if this tape was ever made public, it would expose his lack of integrity and his outright lies. It would expose GK, JM and OM to credibility issues. They should not have Mr Campbell as their campaign manager. It is truely sad but it is all down hill from here.

Are you serious????? Laptop Scandal taken care of?!?

If you think that letting your convicts back into School, to help the wrestling team!! FYI. One is not Wrestling due to a recent ******. I mean what is happening to them? Anyone Know?? PR is more worried about the GOOD kids who forget there I.D. or the kid whose phone was out. That is a Suspension now. But let the convicts back because they are good wrestlers. And the only good thing coming out of them being back, they will graduate and get full rides to schools far away. Thank god