Mr. Mangin please reconsider

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Mr. Mangin,

please reconsider your decision not to run for mayor. there is still time to submit a petition to run as an ind. in november against mayor santos. his time is done. i have supported him in the past but will do so no more. if you would like i will help you get the petition signed by tuesday's deadline. reply to this message and i will contact you. i know i speak for a lot of other kearny people when i say kearny needs someone like you and your ideas. please reconsider. we will help you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hilo
Mr. Mangin,

please reconsider your decision not to run for mayor. there is still time to submit a petition to run as an ind. in november against mayor santos. his time is done. i have supported him in the past but will do so no more. if you would like i will help you get the petition signed by tuesday's deadline. reply to this message and i will contact you. i know i speak for a lot of other kearny people when i say kearny needs someone like you and your ideas. please reconsider. we will help you.

I'm afraid our town is gone, as far as keeping taxes down. The bonding alone is going to kill us. Our Mayor is dedicated to his own political future at our expense. We are heading into one more round of increased taxes and he runs unopposed. Not to mention the increase that is coming after the election. Mr. Magin was right about many things but, we did not listen.

Guest Guest
No guts, no gloy!

I know you meant glory, but this isn't a soccer game, or any other game. The people who would consider elective office are moving out of town. I can't believe how many young families have gone in just the past year or so. Long time Kearny people. The others don't desire to run for political office and sone don't care. The result is an unopposed "one voice", unhealthy for any town.

I'm afraid our town is gone, as far as keeping taxes down. The bonding alone is going to kill us. Our Mayor is dedicated to his own political future at our expense. We are heading into one more round of increased taxes and he runs unopposed. Not to mention the increase that is coming after the election. Mr. Magin was right about many things but, we did not listen.

:huh::huh: JIM YA GOTA DO IT ! RUN FOR MAYOR"BUT DO THE JOB THIS TIME ALL THE WAY!!!! CLEAN HOUSE IF YOU MUST ! PICK GOOD FOLKS TO HELP! YOU ARE THE LAST GENERATION THAT KNOWS THE" TRUTH AND HISTORY "THE NEWBES HAVE NO CLUE! IF YOU DON'T THE TOWN IS SCREWED! LOT OF KIDS WILL GET SICK FOR YEARS & YEARS TO COME "DO IT" AND DO IT NOW!!! :angry::angry:

Guest guest
I know you meant glory, but this isn't a soccer game, or any other game. The people who would consider elective office are moving out of town. I can't believe how many young families have gone in just the past year or so.  Long time Kearny people.  The others don't desire to run for political office and sone don't care.  The result is an unopposed "one voice", unhealthy for any town.

Mr. Mangin for Mayor and those two residents that are fighting the flooding for counsel seats. I do beleive they all have been in Kearny for over 30 years. That would be a excellent team. Honest people...

Guest A. Realist
The people who would consider elective office are moving out of town. I can't believe how many young families have gone in just the past year or so.  Long time Kearny people.  The others don't desire to run for political office and sone don't care.  The result is an unopposed "one voice", unhealthy for any town.

I can't say that your assessment of Kearny's dwindling population of young families is valid. On my block, over the past couple of years, I can think of at least three young families who purchased or built homes; and at least one of those families has generational roots here in Kearny. Every week I get literature from agencies asking me if I want to sell my home in Kearny. Are only old people buying? I suppose real estate statistics, like anything else, can be spun to suit one's own purposes.

Is an "unopposed one voice" unhealthy even if that voice is the voice of the people? Or are Kearny people just too stupid to realize how miserable we really are? Careful how you answer that.

I reiterate--if you think you can do better than the powers that be, run for office. If you get more votes than the other guy--you win. All the excuses in the world aren't going to change that fact!!!

Mr. Mangin,

As I've said, I sincerely appreciate the thought but again, not this year. There are a number of factors to consider when you make the decision to run. While I'm not happy with the direction the Town is taking, that alone isn't the biggest consideration. For me, this year time is a critical factor. I work around 75-80 hours a week at two jobs because my oldest son starts college in the fall. In order to be an elected official the way I prefer to be an elected official, takes a great deal more time than I can spare right now.

What we need is another avenue to get involved in local issues without the demands and time constraints of holding office. I'll have to look into this.

Again, thanks for the thought.

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest
I can't say that your assessment of Kearny's dwindling population of young families is valid. On my block, over the past couple of years, I can think of at least three young families who purchased or built homes; and at least one of those families has generational roots here in Kearny. Every week I get literature from agencies asking me if I want to sell my home in Kearny. Are only old people buying? I suppose real estate statistics, like anything else, can be spun to suit one's own purposes.

Is an "unopposed one voice" unhealthy even if that voice is the voice of the people? Or are Kearny people just too stupid to realize how miserable we really are? Careful how you answer that.

I reiterate--if you think you can do better than the powers that be, run for office. If you get more votes than the other guy--you win. All the excuses in the world aren't going to change that fact!!!

I wouldn't expect you to but I will stand on my opinion. Houses are selling all over. Are those buying them of the natue to work at an elective part time job for very little pay, I don't know, maybe....

Yes, competition helps in keeping people honest

Yes, I can do better, no I will not run, no excuses were needed for an opinion nor were any offered... but here's one anyway, doesn't pay enough.

Guest A. Realist
I wouldn't expect you to but I will stand on my opinion. Houses are selling all over. Are those buying them of the natue to work at an elective part time job for very  little pay, I don't know, maybe....

Yes, competition helps in keeping people honest

Yes, I can do better, no I will not run, no excuses were needed for an opinion nor were any offered... but here's one anyway, doesn't pay enough.

I read and reread your post. From what I can determine you attempted to make three points:

1) People buying homes in Kearny are either too old or not sufficiently motivated to serve their community. (That attitude will certainly win you new friends. I take it you're not on the town's welcoming committee.)

2) Competition promotes honesty. (So get your butt out there and compete. Consider it your contribution to a better, more honest America.)

3) Elective office doesn't pay enough. (Santos & Co. will be thrilled to hear that. Why not recommend that the Mayor and Council get a pay raise? My research shows that ordinance hasn't been amended in over ten years.)

Guest Guest
I read and reread your post. From what I can determine you attempted to make three points:

1) People buying homes in Kearny are either too old or not sufficiently motivated to serve their community. (That attitude will certainly win you new friends. I take it you're not on the town's welcoming committee.)

2) Competition promotes honesty. (So get your butt out there and compete. Consider it your contribution to a better, more honest America.)

3) Elective office doesn't pay enough. (Santos & Co. will be thrilled to hear that. Why not recommend that the Mayor and Council get a pay raise? My research shows that ordinance hasn't been amended in over ten years.)

spin spin ac! That's all the dems know how to do. The king is not a good king he's a control freak. spin that.

Guest Guest

Just what is it that the powers that be have done and don't tell me about the street scape. All I see is certain people getting to milk the old cash cow at the tax payers expense. Please AC tell the king to fall on his sword.

Guest A. Realist
Please AC tell the king to fall on his sword.

To what does "AC" refer? Atlantic City? Alternating current? Air-conditioning?

Oh wait, Jimbo, you can't possibly think that I'm AL Cifelli! This is way too cool. He's much too classy to post on this board--but I'm not. Thank you for the compliment, though. You've satisfied both my sense of humor and my vanity. You're sooooo wrong, it would almost be worth it to identify myself to show you the folly of your suspicions. (Naaa.)

"Oh, what fools these mortals be!"

...that which is hidden best is most obvious to see.

YOU PROBABLY SEE ME EVERYDAY!

Guest guest

Oh wait, Jimbo, you can't possibly think that I'm AL Cifelli! This is way too cool. He's much too classy to post on this board--but I'm not. Thank you for the compliment, though. You've satisfied both my sense of humor and my vanity. You're sooooo wrong, it would almost be worth it to identify myself to show you the folly of your suspicions. (Naaa.)

Many people know who you are. I could care less. Anyone who thinks Al Cifelli is classy doesnt really know what class is...Then again you think Santos and the yes girls are great. Surprise surprise

Guest Guest

Good job KD your sense of humor is priceless!!

PS. great picture in the observer :blink:

Sorry, not me. I've said it before, I have no problem with people posting under phony names. This is Kearny. I've seen the retaliation. As for me, I don't work for the Town and I don't owe anyone. I think posting under your real name shows credibility. I believe what I write and I'm willing to put my name to it.

Likewise, I have no problem with you posting under a ficticious name. I really don't think you have much credibility to begin with. Sorry. If you really believe the Santos administration is so great I would think you would be proud to declare who you are. But, that's your choice and it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. My concern is with the facts - the facts you conveniently continue to ignore.

Do I know who you are? Probably. So what. You probably have a good reason for staying anonymous - like your already limited credibility.

Jim Mangin

ps - Webmaster - can you verify that no posts other than my own are attributed to my isp?

Guest A. Realist
Sorry, not me. I've said it before, I have no problem with people posting under phony names. This is Kearny. I've seen the retaliation. As for me, I don't work for the Town and I don't owe anyone. I think posting under your real name shows credibility. I believe what I write and I'm willing to put my name to it.

Likewise, I have no problem with you posting under a ficticious name. I really don't think you have much credibility to begin with. Sorry. If you really believe the Santos administration is so great I would think you would be proud to declare who you are. But, that's your choice and it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. My concern is with the facts - the facts you conveniently continue to ignore.

Do I know who you are? Probably. So what. You probably have a good reason for staying anonymous - like your already limited credibility.

Jim Mangin

ps - Webmaster - can you verify that no posts other than my own are attributed to my isp?

Oh, please don't be so dramatic. Retaliation? This is not Bagdad, for God's sake. What are the anti-Santosians going to do to me? Scuttle my Social Security check? That's Bush's job.

I post under my pseudonym because I find it so damned liberating and empowering; and because it is so titilating when I speak face to face with you, wondering if you know it's me. You know, you've actually complained to me ABOUT ME! I sympathized, of course. 'Cause I know what a pain in the a** I can be!

No, I don't think you know who I am! Probably never will! I'll never tell....maybe I should change my name to "Deep Gullet".

Guest Flabbergasted
Oh, please don't be so dramatic. Retaliation? This is not Bagdad, for God's sake. What are the anti-Santosians going to do to me? Scuttle my Social Security check? That's Bush's job.

I post under my pseudonym because I find it so damned liberating and empowering; and because it is so titilating when I  speak face to face with you, wondering if you know it's me. You know, you've actually complained to me ABOUT ME! I sympathized, of course. 'Cause I know what a pain in the a** I can be!

No, I don't think you know who I am! Probably never will! I'll never tell....maybe I should change my name to "Deep Gullet".

Whatever you want to call yourself, you never disappoint me.

I post under my pseudonym because I find it so damned liberating and empowering; and because it is so titilating when I  speak face to face with you, wondering if you know it's me. You know, you've actually complained to me ABOUT ME! I sympathized, of course. 'Cause I know what a pain in the a** I can be!

I speak to a couple of hundred Kearny residents every week. I speak about a lot of different problems - from bus stops to Spectraserv to school taxes to public bonding. With all of Kearny's problems the one issue I have never spoken about is the not-so anonymous postings of A. Realist - who I consider to be little more than A. Real-ass.

Jim Mangin

Guest A. Realist
I speak to a couple of hundred Kearny residents every week. I speak about a lot of different problems - from bus stops to Spectraserv to school taxes to public bonding. With all of Kearny's problems the one issue I have never spoken about is the not-so anonymous postings of A. Realist - who I consider to be little more than A. Real-ass.

Jim Mangin

Think again, Jimbo!! Try to remember every conversation you've had in, oh say, the last five weeks.

And despite all your derogatory statements about me--you just can't resist reading my posts and responding! Can you? The fact that I have the power to commandeer even a miniscule portion of your thought is enough reward for me.

Guest Guest 99

Jim Mangin

Getting a little bit testy, huh Jim? :rolleyes:

Guest Flabbergasted
Think again, Jimbo!! Try to remember every conversation you've had in, oh say, the last five weeks.

And despite all your derogatory statements about me--you just can't resist reading my posts and responding! Can you? The fact that I have the power to commandeer even a miniscule portion of your thought is enough reward for me.

I love it!!!

Archived