Disney softball

Guest BANd Wannabe

Guest Guest

The philosophy behind competing in sports is to teach a sense of fair play, prepare youngsters for disappointment and to teach them to compete. Anyone caught stealing merchandise from disney while representing their team should be removed from the team immediately. That's part of the most important lesson( and probably the one that would hurt most) Suspension is a vacation, the prom has nothing to do with sports, team removable should be first. If this didn't happen, then shame on those that make these decisions. Not a good message.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I think that some of you really need to get a clue of what is going on...I just said that in the last comment I gave...you obviously don't know what you are talking about...All of the girls were suspended for 10 days. The two seniors were denied prom, and all of them were kicked out of clubs...getting them out of their teams isn't going to help anything...instead of acting like this was the 15th century and punishing them so badly, they should be given a chance to redeem themselves after the 10 DAY suspension is over. As for the prom situation, I think it's unfair the seniors are denied prom and the juniors and sophomores are not denied anything...just something to think about.

The two seniors were denied prom, and all of them were kicked out of clubs...getting them out of their teams isn't going to help anything...instead of acting like this was the 15th century and punishing them so badly

All should be denied prom what ever year it is in and "getting them out of thier teams" is the ultimate punishment-- that would help everything. It will stop next years team and every other team behind them from commiting this "tradition". Why won't that happen? To many connected people have a chance at scholarships. Some people are equating this with being like a "little crime". It is a crime none the less--the fact that you are representing your school and your community are not withstanding. These "children" are how old? Are any of them under 16? Being that this is a "tradition" at KHS -it should be dealt with in the strictist and harshest manner .

I think schools today have the same problem as some "parents."

You can't be a "friend " to everyone.

You have to be a "Parent" first--- a "Friend" second.

What they did was wrong.

The punishment should be the same for all.

They should not be allowed to field a team this year.

Guest Guest

Alrighty ........... enough is enough ............. let's get the facts straight. These are all good girls, with good grades and from good families. They made one lousy mistake. Heck no one is perfect. If you look into your past, I am sure there are many skeletons is everyone's closet. And don't lie to yourself, you know you did something bad at one time or another. And what about your own kids, you gonna tell me they are angels! Please, we all know kids get into one thing or another. Heck these girls took stupid little trinkets. It is not like they killed or raped anyone! Get over it. They have paid dearly for a stupid mistake. They have learned from their mistake and are trying to move on with their lives. Give these girls a break. They have been emotionally scarred enough. Really, go back to your Gerry Springer shows and soap operas. They are more interesting. If you want to comment about anything, comment about our sky rocketting property taxes in this town!!!

Guest Guest
YOU BLAME THE BOARD OF EDUCATION????? ARE YOU JOKING? MAYBE THE PARENTS OF THESE GIRLS SHOULD HAVE TOUGHT THEM NOT TO SHOPLIFT. WHAT A DISGRACE THEY ARE TO KEARNY HIGH.

Are you kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must not have any kids, or maybe you don't ever remember being a kid. Heck, kids do crazy things ....... and for that fact, so do adults. These are all good kids. They are not a disgrace to KHS. You are a disgrace to this town for even writing such a comment. They paid their price for doing something unthinking and stupid and from what I hear, they are still continuing to pay the price. Remember, this was not totally their fault!! I hear there have been many instances, with other activities involving the school, that just did not come to light. They were swept under the rug by the chaperones and the school. The coach in this instance thought she was doing something right by bringing the matter out in the open. Honestly, things could have been handled differently. There was no need for the excessive punishment these girls received. Since these girls are not trouble makers, they got severe punishment. If they had been trouble makers, they would have received a small pat on the back. LET'S MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Alrighty ........... enough is enough ............. let's get the facts straight.  These are all good girls, with good grades and from good families.  They made one lousy mistake.  Heck no one is perfect.  If you look into your past, I am sure there are many skeletons is everyone's closet.  And don't lie to yourself, you know you did something bad at one time or another.  And what about your own kids, you gonna tell me they are angels!  Please, we all know kids get into one thing or another.  Heck these girls took stupid little trinkets.  It is not like they killed or raped anyone!  Get over it.  They have paid dearly for a stupid mistake.  They have learned from their mistake and are trying to move on with their lives.  Give these girls a break.  They have been emotionally scarred enough.  Really, go back to your Gerry Springer shows and soap operas.  They are more interesting.  If you want to comment about anything, comment about our sky rocketting property taxes in this town!!!

Let's get this right, if they were poor students from "bad" families the punishment should be iron fisted, but "good girls" from "good families" should be given a break! Are you kidding me?

Guest nowonder
Alrighty ........... enough is enough ............. let's get the facts straight.  These are all good girls, with good grades and from good families.  They made one lousy mistake.  Heck no one is perfect.  If you look into your past, I am sure there are many skeletons is everyone's closet.  And don't lie to yourself, you know you did something bad at one time or another.  And what about your own kids, you gonna tell me they are angels!  Please, we all know kids get into one thing or another.  Heck these girls took stupid little trinkets.  It is not like they killed or raped anyone!  Get over it.  They have paid dearly for a stupid mistake.  They have learned from their mistake and are trying to move on with their lives.  Give these girls a break.  They have been emotionally scarred enough.  Really, go back to your Gerry Springer shows and soap operas.  They are more interesting.  If you want to comment about anything, comment about our sky rocketting property taxes in this town!!!

If a 13 year old can be tried for murder in Florida, convicted and sentenced to death then a 16 year old should certainly be prosecuted for theft!!

Guest Guest
If a 13 year old can be tried for murder in Florida, convicted and sentenced to death then a 16 year old should certainly be prosecuted for theft!!

OH MY. I can tell the kind of people who live in Kearny. All goodie-two-shoes!!!!!!!!! Really -- be real -- we all know everyone has done one stupid thing or another in their lifetime. Be honest -- admit it -- but are you being constantly reminded about it. No, it is part of your past. Come on ......... comparing petty theft to murder!!!!!!!! NO COMPARISON! If you get caught stealing something stupid from a store, you pay a small fine and move on with your life. Because it was a school based trip these girls have to continue to be punished -- Please -- grow up! From what I've seen here, the girls have paid their dues and are trying to get on with their lives. On the other hand, the people making these ridiculous comments have nothing better to do with their lives. NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!!!!!!!! HOW ABOUT THE WAR IN IRAQ, OR OUR PROPERTY TAXES, OR THE POTHOLES IN THE STREETS, OR THE KIDS HANGING OUT IN FRONT OF THE LIBRARY AT NIGHT, OR THE BUMS HANGING OUT ON KEARNY AVENUE ................. NOW THOSE ARE TOPICS WORTH TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
Let's get this right, if they were poor students from "bad" families the punishment should be iron fisted, but "good girls" from "good families" should be given a break!  Are you kidding me?

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???????????? THESE GIRLS WERE NOT GIVEN A BREAK. THEY WERE SUSPENDED, KICKED OUT OF CLUBS, NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO THEIR PROM, ETC. YOU DON'T CALL THAT PUNISHMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONESTLY, BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD STUDENTS, I BELIEVE THAT IS WHY THEIR PUNISHMENT WAS SO SEVERE.

Guest Guest

Look, the fact these girls made a mistake isn't the point. Everyone makes them, the point is they made it while representing their school on a team in another state (a real privelege). They forfeited their right to continue to be on that team. The fact they were not removed from the team is the real issue. It is being publicized because the offenders may have parent connection to the Board of Education. Thus, whether they like it or not, they are elected officials and subject to critizism. The decision to not remove the girls from the team is the subject matter being critizised. It leaves a cloud of political favoritism. On well, you take that chance when you run for public office.

Guest kearny resident

Just for the record. I would not want any of these girls in my home for the fact I many have $5.00 sitting on my table, and they may pick it up and put it in there pockets which is called STEALING, would that be ok to since the trinkets that you so call them was only worth $5.00. This $5.00 that the child stole would be $5.00 more I could pay into my taxes. How would you feel if someone came into your place of business or home and stole something, whether it be little or big. I feel the children that did NOT participate in this so called tradition were the GOOD GIRLS. But hey this is just my opinion.

Guest Guest
Look, the fact these girls made a mistake isn't the point.  Everyone makes them, the point is they made it while representing their school on a team in another state (a real privelege).  They forfeited their right to continue to be on that team.  The fact they were not removed from the team is the real issue.  It is being publicized because the offenders may have parent connection to the Board of Education.  Thus, whether they like it or not, they are elected officials and subject to critizism.  The decision to not remove the girls from the team is the subject matter being critizised.  It leaves a cloud of political favoritism.  On well, you take that chance when you run for public office.

OKAY....... so tell me, do you know all the facts. Do you know why the girls were allowed to continue on the team? I doubt it. Talk to the school, talk to their parents for that fact. I am sure they will tell you that their teammates and coaches decided to KEEP them on the team, not the fact that some of their parents may have connections to the Board. As a matter of fact, I believe that is why they received such a harsh punishment. Normally you get 2, 3, or maybe 5 days suspension, however, these girls got 10 days, plus kicked off clubs, plus not allowed to go to the prom. What elese you want from these girls. Seriously, they paid for their mistake. Let it go.

Guest Guest
Just for the record.  I would not want any of these girls in my home for the fact I many have $5.00 sitting on my table, and they may pick it up and put it in there pockets which is called STEALING, would that be ok to since the trinkets that you so call them was only worth $5.00.  This $5.00 that the child stole would be $5.00 more I could pay into my taxes.  How would you feel if someone came into your place of business or home and stole something, whether it be little or big.  I feel the children that did NOT participate in this so called tradition were the GOOD GIRLS.    But hey this is just my opinion.

Come on. Seriously. You are telling me you were the perfect child, who never did anything wrong. And what about now as an adult. Are you perfect? I doubt it. I would no hesitate for a moment in letting these girls into my home. They paid their dues. Now they are moving on with their lives. Trust is a wonderful virtue. So is forgiving and forgetting.

Guest An educated person
OK IM GOING TO TELL YOU ALL EXACTLY HOW IT IS SO YOU CAN STOP SPREADIGN THESE AWFUL RUMORS.. THE GIRLS THAT WERE INVOLVED WERE SUSPENDED FOR 10 DAYS, KICKED OUT OF ALL THE CLUBS THEY WERE INVOLVED IN AD ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO PROM. THE GIRLS FEEL AWFUL AND LEARNED THEIR LESSONS RIGHT FROM WHEN THIS HAPPENED.. THEY HAVE NEVER DONE NETHING WRONG BEFORE AND MADE ONE LITTLE MISTAKE.. HOW MANY OF YOU CAN SAY U HAVE NEVER MADE A MISTAKE.. NOR HAVE YOUR KIDS?? BECASUE HONESTLY MOST OF THE KIDS IN THE HIGH SCHOOL ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM INCLUDING YOURS!!EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES AND THE FIRST THING THESE LADIES DID WAS ACCEPT THEIR CONSEQUENSES.. THEY KNEW DAMN WELL WHAT WAS COMING TO THEM ADN THEY TOOK IT WITHOUT COMPLAINT.. AND AS FOR THEIR PARENTS.. YES SOME OF THEIR PARENTS ARE WELL  INVOLVED BUT FOR YOUR INFORMATION THEIR PARENTS DIDNT DO ANYTHIGN TO CHANGE THE PUNISHMENT .. THEY PUNISHMENT HANDED OUT WAS VERBATEM  WHAT REQUEST OF THE COACH ADND THE AD WHO WERE THE CHAPERONES... AND THEY TRUSTED THAT THE GIRLS WHERE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO WALK THROUGH THE PARK THEMSELVES ADN THE GIRLS DID TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND HAVE LEARDED A VERY HARD BUT GOOD LESSON.. AND YES THIS LITTLE STEALING THING WAS A TRADITION... I HAVE HEEARD THAT LAST YEAR WAS EVEN WORSE AND YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE PEOPLE INVOLVED.. ADN AS FOR BEING KICKED OF THE TEAM.. WELL WHAT DOES THAT GIVE THE GIRLS TO WORK FOR?? NOTHING IT GIVES THEM MORE TIME TO BE TURNED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ADN MAKE OTHER BASD CHOICES....THERE HAVE BEEN WORSE INCIDENTS INVOLVED IN SPORTS AND YES INCLUDING SOFTBALL THAT HAVE BEEN BRUSHED OFBY WHO THEIR PARENTS WERE SO THATS NOT EVE AND ISSUE ANY MORE.. I APPRICIATE ALL YOUR CONCERN BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD JSUT STRAIGHTEN OUT THESE RUMORS BEFORE THEY GET EVEN WORSE..

a very concerned citizen..

Please use spell check or go back to high school yourself to learn to spell and use grammar correctly.

Guest Guest
Please use spell check or go back to high school yourself to learn to spell and use grammar correctly.

What do you mean, this post is from "An educated person" :lol::lol:

Let the little monsters go. They've learned well and soon will be suckling off of the town teet like their parents.

Guest Guest
What do you mean, this post is from "An educated person" :lol:  :lol:

Let the little monsters go.  They've learned well and soon will be suckling off of the town teet like their parents.

LOOK IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD!! AND THESE SO CALLED "LITTLE MONSTERS" AND THEIR PARENTS ARE TAXPAYERS IN TOWN WHO ARE INVOLVED WITH THEIR COMMUNITY ............. ARE YOU??????????? THEY'VE PAID THEIR DUE ......... HAVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest
LOOK IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD!!  AND THESE SO CALLED "LITTLE MONSTERS" AND THEIR PARENTS ARE TAXPAYERS IN TOWN WHO ARE INVOLVED WITH THEIR COMMUNITY ............. ARE YOU???????????  THEY'VE PAID THEIR DUE ......... HAVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please they were involved in their town. Yes they are, the parents of one little girl were both involved in the town. The mother was and may still be a school nurse, but i'm not sure. The father was a big time member of the board of ed whose other little girl "surprise" won class awards at the 8th grade graduation of her class last year. SURPRISE, SURPRISE. According to my daughter, she even heard one of the daughters sayit's no big deal my dad will handle it.

Guest guest

well they certainly got harsher punishments than the girls from the manor section did when they got caught usind cocaine in the bathroom during school hours. most of them are daughters of teachers and continued to get scholarships for college and can play collegiate sports. none were suspended and nothing was put in the observer about any arrestsf. how is this fair to the softball girls. the only thing that is fair is the punishment they were suspended i know one of the families and the girl was home for 10 days and no prom and the seniors involved cannot walk at graduation. that rule was implemented when i was a freshman to deter kids from showing up to the plays drunk or high. the rule is that if you show up to a KHS event other than class and are drunk, high or cause a disturbance ie fight, steal or anything else you are suspended 10 days and are banned from all extra activities including clubs, dances, and plays for a year not sports being they have their own rules for punishments.

But why all this for softball and not the manor girls using hard drugs in the school.

and i used no names or anything to hint at any parties involved and i see no reason why this post should be censored

this is just a heads up on how the school likes to conduct business

Guest Guest
Oh please they were involved in their town.  Yes they are, the parents of one little girl were both involved in the town. The mother was and may still be a school nurse, but i'm not sure. The father was a big time member of the board of ed whose other little girl "surprise" won class awards at the 8th grade graduation of her class last year. SURPRISE, SURPRISE.  According to my daughter, she even heard one of the daughters sayit's no big deal my dad will handle it.

Give it a break .......... nobody handled anything ........ the girls were punished beyond extreme. Heck, if they had been caught doing drugs, or alcohol, or carry a weapon in school, the punishment would not have been as severe. And just because some of the parents are involved with the community does not mean they got any breaks ............ they did not .............. as a matter of fact, they were given no breaks, probably because of that .....................

Guest Guest
well they certainly got harsher punishments than the girls from the manor section did when they got caught usind cocaine in the bathroom during school hours. most of them are daughters of teachers and continued to get scholarships for college and can play collegiate sports. none were suspended and nothing was put in the observer about any arrestsf. how is this fair to the softball girls. the only thing that is fair is the punishment they were suspended i know one of the families and the girl was home for 10 days and no prom and the seniors involved cannot walk at graduation. that rule was implemented when i was a freshman to deter kids from showing up to the plays drunk or high. the rule is that if you show up to a KHS event other than class and are drunk, high or cause a disturbance ie fight, steal or anything else you are suspended 10 days and are banned from all extra activities including clubs, dances, and plays for a year not sports being they have their own rules for punishments.

But why all this for softball and not the manor girls using hard drugs in the school.

and i used no names or anything to hint at any parties involved and i see no reason why this post should be censored

this is just a heads up on how the school likes to conduct business

HOORAY ................ finally someone else is seeing the light. Thank you!

Guest Browser

When did Kearny become a town of whiners and 'holier than thou' fingerpointers? All of this is aimed at the kids' families obviously, clearly out of jealousy, envy or some other negative agenda. The kids' erred, got caught, were uber-punished in my opinion, now lets move on! I am glad there was no such thing as Message Boards and Blogs when I was committing my 'crimes' at KHS. I believe there would have been calls for public lynchings !! and I turned out quite OK as will these kids in spite of the snakes in this forum.

Guest Guest
When did Kearny become a town of whiners and 'holier than thou' fingerpointers?  All of this is aimed at the kids' families obviously, clearly out of jealousy, envy or some other negative agenda.  The kids' erred, got caught, were uber-punished in my opinion, now lets move on!    I am glad there was no such thing as Message Boards and Blogs when I was committing my 'crimes' at KHS.  I believe there would have been calls for public lynchings !!  and I turned out quite OK as will these kids in spite of the snakes in this forum.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Guest Guest
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!

We know, we know! What they did doesn't matter, they paid their dues, they're good kids, blah, blah, blah!!!

Let them get back to their fun and games because nothing that anyone does really matters.

As Lisa Tortoreti Pezzolla says:

'Something seems a little funny here.'

Guest Guest
We know, we know! What they did doesn't matter, they paid their dues, they're good kids, blah, blah, blah!!!

Let them get back to their fun and games because nothing that anyone does really matters.

Oh please ................ whine, whine, whine ............... just watch your own brothers, sisters, kids, grandkids ................ etc., what are they up to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Yes, I agree ............ BLAH, BLAH, AND BLAH ..... it is obvious there seems to be a personal issue between some of the writers and the parents of these girls. If you have a problem with one of the parents, come out of the closet and tell them. I am sure they would love to have a face to face conversation with some of the wonderfully concerned town folk who have nothing better to do but criticize others without looking at the skeletons in their own closets first.

Guest Guest
Yes, I agree ............ BLAH, BLAH, AND BLAH ..... it is obvious there seems to be a personal issue between some of the writers and the parents of these girls.  If you have a problem with one of the parents, come out of the closet and tell them.  I am sure they would love to have a face to face conversation with some of the wonderfully concerned town folk who have nothing better to do but criticize others without looking at the skeletons in their own closets first.

What do my transgressions in life have to do with what these idiots did. These kids and their parents are laughing at people like you. Be thankful it's not you're kid because these people would show no mercy.

Archived