Disney softball

Guest BANd Wannabe

Guest BANd Wannabe

Apparently something happened in Disney with the girl’s softball team that has ruined things for Kearny scholastic venues.

Seems they were bad enough girls that no Kearny venues are allowed as a group (Band, Cheering, Baseball etc.). Can anyone enlighten us on the un-chaperoned antics of these girls.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Apparently something happened in Disney with the girl’s softball team that has ruined things for Kearny scholastic venues.

Seems they were bad enough girls that no Kearny venues are allowed as a group (Band, Cheering, Baseball etc.). Can anyone enlighten us on the un-chaperoned antics of these girls.

I blame the Bored of Education.

Guest Guest

YOU BLAME THE BOARD OF EDUCATION????? ARE YOU JOKING? MAYBE THE PARENTS OF THESE GIRLS SHOULD HAVE TOUGHT THEM NOT TO SHOPLIFT. WHAT A DISGRACE THEY ARE TO KEARNY HIGH.

Guest Guestimate

My understanding is that Disney has NOT cut off all KHS activities, just softball. My question is would the BOE approve trips for any other teams?

Guest Guest 99

Do you mean to tell me when I drop a dollar in the can at the post office I'm paying for these kids to go to Disney World? And shoplift? Most people think they are helping out for equipment or something else, not vacations. Never again!!

Guest Guest
YOU BLAME THE BOARD OF EDUCATION????? ARE YOU JOKING? MAYBE THE PARENTS OF THESE GIRLS SHOULD HAVE TOUGHT THEM NOT TO SHOPLIFT. WHAT A DISGRACE THEY ARE TO KEARNY HIGH.

MAYBE THE PARENTS AND THE BOARD OF EDUCATION ARE THE SAME!

Guest Guest

[i hope you would contune to help the kids who can for Kearny High or any other

group. Because a few bad apples were in the bunch does not mean we should punish all. Sports are important and it does team they good values. So I would

hope even after this we can contune to support our High School and the kids of Kearny they need us.

Guest guest

;)

What is being done?

Not too much was done. These girls were a disgrace to Kearny High, The Team, and their Parents. They all seem to be making it back to play softball again. I would have banned them from the team for the rest of the year.

Guest Guest
;)

Not too much was done.  These girls were a disgrace to Kearny High, The Team, and their Parents.  They all seem to be making it back to play softball again.  I would have banned them from the team for the rest of the year.

The offenders should be banned from all sports permanently or at least for a lengthy period of time; but if the rumors are true that the offenders are connected to the very parties who may make those decisions,,,well that's politics at it ugliest and the worse example for our youths. Too bad. Should you hope your kid gets the same break?

Guest Guest
The offenders should be banned from all sports permanently or at least for a lengthy period of time; but if the rumors are true that the offenders are connected to the very parties who may make those decisions,,,well that's politics at it ugliest and the worse example for our youths. Too bad.  Should you hope your kid gets the same break?

I totally agree. And yes you hit the nail on the head. Politics Politics and more. If it were my children NO they would not get the same break!! But again me being a parent would not allow my child to go back to the team they disgraced. That would be MY call, so that my child would know there are consequences to everything you do. But this is just how I would react. It is a shame that some children today get away with murder. This is just the beginning of the young adults live. They should not be rewarded after only a short suspension. The should be banned completely.

;)

Not too much was done.  These girls were a disgrace to Kearny High, The Team, and their Parents.  They all seem to be making it back to play softball again.  I would have banned them from the team for the rest of the year.

That sounds like a reasonable punishment. But, why were they not supervised enough to prevent the shoplifting in the first place?

What exactly did they steal anyway? (Not that that is important, just curious as to whether or not it was something stupid or something expensive)

Guest Guest
I totally agree.  And yes you hit the nail on the head.  Politics Politics and more.  If it were my children NO they would not get the same break!!  But again me being a parent would not allow my child to go back to the team they disgraced.  That would be MY call, so that my child would know there are consequences to everything you do.  But this is just how I would react.  It is a shame that some children today get away with murder.  This is just the beginning of the young adults live. They should not be rewarded after only a short suspension.  The should be banned completely.

HONESTLY IF YOU ASK ME, THE KIDS LEARNED THEIR LESSON AND ARE PAYING FOR IT NOW. THEY SHOULD'NT BE KICKED OFF THE TEAM FOR MAKING A MISTAKE! NO ONE HERE IS PERFECT AND HOW DARE YOU GUYS SAY THAT THESE GIRLS ARE GETTING AWAY WITH "MURDER". THEY MADE A MISTAKE! THEY'VE BEEN PUNISHED ENOUGH IF YOU ASK ME. I HEARD THEY GOT SUSPENDED 10 DAYS AND CANT GO TO PROM. I ALSO HEARD THEY GOT KICKED OUT OF CLUBS. HOW DO YOU THINK THEY FEEL RIGHT NOW? NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY THEIR PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WAY THEY ACT OR BEHAVE BECAUSE US AS PARENTS TRY EVERYTHING TO KEEP OUR KIDS OUT OF TROUBLE AND SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESNT WORK. WE JUST HAVE TO MAKE THIS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR THEM. THAT'S ALL!

HONESTLY IF YOU ASK ME, THE KIDS LEARNED THEIR LESSON AND ARE PAYING FOR IT NOW.  THEY SHOULD'NT BE KICKED OFF THE TEAM FOR MAKING A MISTAKE! NO ONE HERE IS PERFECT AND HOW DARE YOU GUYS SAY THAT THESE GIRLS ARE GETTING AWAY WITH "MURDER".  THEY MADE A MISTAKE!  THEY'VE BEEN PUNISHED ENOUGH IF YOU ASK ME.  I HEARD THEY GOT SUSPENDED 10 DAYS AND CANT GO TO PROM.  I ALSO HEARD THEY GOT KICKED OUT OF CLUBS.  HOW DO YOU THINK THEY FEEL RIGHT NOW?  NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY THEIR PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WAY THEY ACT OR BEHAVE BECAUSE US AS PARENTS TRY EVERYTHING TO KEEP OUR KIDS OUT OF TROUBLE AND SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESNT WORK.  WE JUST HAVE TO MAKE THIS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR THEM. THAT'S ALL!

No suspensions took place and stop sounding like they are second graders,they knew they were wrong but just think who the hell they are because of thre parents.no one is to blame but themselves.

Guest Guest
they have only been going for a couple of years what do you mean TRADITION

OK IM GOING TO TELL YOU ALL EXACTLY HOW IT IS SO YOU CAN STOP SPREADIGN THESE AWFUL RUMORS.. THE GIRLS THAT WERE INVOLVED WERE SUSPENDED FOR 10 DAYS, KICKED OUT OF ALL THE CLUBS THEY WERE INVOLVED IN AD ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO PROM. THE GIRLS FEEL AWFUL AND LEARNED THEIR LESSONS RIGHT FROM WHEN THIS HAPPENED.. THEY HAVE NEVER DONE NETHING WRONG BEFORE AND MADE ONE LITTLE MISTAKE.. HOW MANY OF YOU CAN SAY U HAVE NEVER MADE A MISTAKE.. NOR HAVE YOUR KIDS?? BECASUE HONESTLY MOST OF THE KIDS IN THE HIGH SCHOOL ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM INCLUDING YOURS!!EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES AND THE FIRST THING THESE LADIES DID WAS ACCEPT THEIR CONSEQUENSES.. THEY KNEW DAMN WELL WHAT WAS COMING TO THEM ADN THEY TOOK IT WITHOUT COMPLAINT.. AND AS FOR THEIR PARENTS.. YES SOME OF THEIR PARENTS ARE WELL INVOLVED BUT FOR YOUR INFORMATION THEIR PARENTS DIDNT DO ANYTHIGN TO CHANGE THE PUNISHMENT .. THEY PUNISHMENT HANDED OUT WAS VERBATEM WHAT REQUEST OF THE COACH ADND THE AD WHO WERE THE CHAPERONES... AND THEY TRUSTED THAT THE GIRLS WHERE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO WALK THROUGH THE PARK THEMSELVES ADN THE GIRLS DID TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND HAVE LEARDED A VERY HARD BUT GOOD LESSON.. AND YES THIS LITTLE STEALING THING WAS A TRADITION... I HAVE HEEARD THAT LAST YEAR WAS EVEN WORSE AND YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE PEOPLE INVOLVED.. ADN AS FOR BEING KICKED OF THE TEAM.. WELL WHAT DOES THAT GIVE THE GIRLS TO WORK FOR?? NOTHING IT GIVES THEM MORE TIME TO BE TURNED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ADN MAKE OTHER BASD CHOICES....THERE HAVE BEEN WORSE INCIDENTS INVOLVED IN SPORTS AND YES INCLUDING SOFTBALL THAT HAVE BEEN BRUSHED OFBY WHO THEIR PARENTS WERE SO THATS NOT EVE AND ISSUE ANY MORE.. I APPRICIATE ALL YOUR CONCERN BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD JSUT STRAIGHTEN OUT THESE RUMORS BEFORE THEY GET EVEN WORSE..

a very concerned citizen..

Guest Observer
I totally agree.  And yes you hit the nail on the head.  Politics Politics and more.  If it were my children NO they would not get the same break!!  But again me being a parent would not allow my child to go back to the team they disgraced.  That would be MY call, so that my child would know there are consequences to everything you do.  But this is just how I would react.  It is a shame that some children today get away with murder.  This is just the beginning of the young adults live. They should not be rewarded after only a short suspension.  The should be banned completely.

I think that many of you have absolutely no clue at all of what you are talking about...and most of you seem to be parents. That's pretty pathetic. Now, I am only 16 years old and can make a much more articulate mature response than most of the people who commented on the matter. One of the people involved happens to be a really good friend of mine...she had taken a shot glass from a store, and felt too bad to lie about it, so she returned it and paid the price. What she did was wrong, and I will not say it is not...I don't take their side because I know one of the girls, though. I am giving an objective opinion on the subject, and I am not the only one who thinks this way... But if you ask me, she was brave enough to return it... some of you are saying they are a "disgrace" and "learn from their parents." All of these girls are good people who care about others, and have great grades in school, and are raised in good families. They made a very stupid mistake, and they are only humans. Whoever is saying that they should be punished much more severely is wrong...I think being embarrassed and suspended is punishment enough...Besides, it isn't the first time that this kind of thing has happened....It happened with many other people in other activities, and they are not the reason the school isn't allowed in Disney...The parents of all these girls are well educated people, and their "connections" make no difference on the outcome of the situation.So why don't you stop criticizing these girls for a stupid thing like shoplifting a 50 cent key chain, and worry about all of those who are getting involved in drugs and much worse things?

Guest Observer
No suspensions took place and stop sounding like they are second graders,they knew they were wrong but just think who the hell they are because of thre parents.no one is to blame but themselves.

I think that some of you really need to get a clue of what is going on...I just said that in the last comment I gave...you obviously don't know what you are talking about...All of the girls were suspended for 10 days. The two seniors were denied prom, and all of them were kicked out of clubs...getting them out of their teams isn't going to help anything...instead of acting like this was the 15th century and punishing them so badly, they should be given a chance to redeem themselves after the 10 DAY suspension is over. As for the prom situation, I think it's unfair the seniors are denied prom and the juniors and sophomores are not denied anything...just something to think about.

Guest truth

The facts in this matter will always be circumspect in light of the BOE "cover-up". If it is true that the girl involved are still alowed to play softball, then it is no wonder people are outraged. I would have thought removal from the team to be automatic. Softball is extracurricular!!

Guest Guest

she's allowed to stil play softball!!!!!! what's going on????? why did she not have to pay to leave disney and the rest did???? these people really take care of each other don't they???? wasn't her father the 1 defending stevenson when diaz said he was asking for bribes???? it all makes sense now

Archived