Basketball Blues

Guest Angel of Mercy

Harrison rec needs to make some serious changes from top to bottom. When a child is allowed to be taunted and heckled by some coaches and parents and nothing is done about it. Serious consequences can result. It's a shame when a councilman uses his influence to will his grandsons team to win at all costs. I would like to know why by putting a letter C on a kids shirt is rubbing it in the other teams face. The kids are the ones who suffer from this. I hope some serious change comes to Harrison rec. We have some pretty talented kids in this town. We just need better coaches and role models for them..

This is why the "Rec" should do a better job picking coaches. Nothing against them on a personal basis, but parents should not be allowed to have their own children on the teams they are coaching. If they are really there to help out all of the children from town, then the above stipulation shouldnt matter to them. If every parent who gives of his or her time to help the children learn the objective of the sport, including understanding plays, team work, having fun at the sport and above all sportsmanship, then none of the things that happened at that game would be able to happen again. What do you think was running thru these kids minds when they saw everything that happened? Arent we as parents supposed to set the example? I seriously beleive that the people who were out of line should not be allowed to either coach or attend any future games if this is the way they are going to behave. Shame on you!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why the "Rec" should do a better job picking coaches.  Nothing against them on a personal basis, but parents should not be allowed to have their own children on the teams they are coaching.  If they are really there to help out all of the children from town, then the above stipulation shouldnt matter to  them.  If every parent who gives of his or her time to help the children learn the objective of the sport, including understanding plays, team work, having fun at the sport and above all sportsmanship, then none of the things that happened at that game would be able to happen again.  What do you think was running thru these kids minds when they saw everything that happened?  Arent we as parents supposed to set the example?  I seriously beleive that the people who were out of line should not be allowed to either coach or attend any future games if this is the way they are going to behave.  Shame on you!!!

You want to know what successful programs do.They put the parents as far away from the action as possible .Zero tolerance for bad behavior .Be good or be gone!

Unfortunately some people with agendas, other than the kids just having some fun and learning a little about the sport ,were allowed to coach.Even though they exhibited unacceptable behavior throughout the season ,they were still allowed to coach.From what I understand,and correct me if I'm wrong,besides trophies being awarded for this, one of the parents is buying jackets for their team.

Take a step back here ,That is borderline insanity and sends absolutely the wrong message." You don't need no stinkin' jackets or trophies" to make an experience meaningful and worthwhile.What you do need is people with some marked degree of sanity to work with these kids.You need to make it fun.TURN OFF THE SCOREBOARD AND YOU'LL FIND OUT WHO THE PEOPLE ARE WHO ARE COACHING FOR THE KIDS.

When the process becomes solely about winning then the abusers come out of the woodwork.There is a time for winning and losing,but that is a little further down the road.Kids must learn how to play.They must have fun or they will be gone.The children need guidance not interference.Coaches who are there to act out their own aggressions,recapture their lost youth,or fufill their own lost dreams don't belong within 50 feet of these kids.

Hopefully the children who witnessed the abominable behavior at the Rec Center,aren't so scarred by the behavior of the"role models" ,loosely called adults, that choose never to play again.Worse yet, they start to believe that this is the way adults are supposed to behave,Jackets and trophies don't buy anyone out of this mess.Don't hijack children's dreams!

Can somebody tell me how calling a sixth grader a sixth grader is taunting? taunting is saying "you S**K" or booing at them.  And as for the poor sixth grader who was supposedly crying, I heard he called the other player a "midget".Now thats taunting. It's sad how M.S.(coach/disease) claims she is there to coach the children, yet one of her players was embarresed every time he did something wrong. Yet nothing was said or done about that. And she keeps that little girl behind on defense when her team has the ball.  What is that teaching that little girl, that she is not needed. And you are right, the rec needs to change, they need to get rid of that thief jb and stop letting the same lunatic, trouble making, loud mouth, no coaching skills(no, yelling at kids is not considered coaching)P.O.S.

SOUNDS TO ME BOTH FAMILIES HAVE THE ISSUE. I THINK BOTH FAMILIES ARE TRYING TO USE THEIR INFLUENCES. FORGET ABOUT THE REAL ISSUE THE KIDS AND THIER LOVE OF SPORT. LEAVE IT TOO ACTUALLY THREE A-HOLE KISSING FAMILIES TO RUIN IT FOR THE KIDS. SETTLE YOUR DIFFERENCES ELSEWHERE. YOUR NOW PERSONAL PROBLEMS WITH EACH OTHER NEED NOT BE HANDLED HERE OR IN SUCH A VIOLENT MATTER AS KIDS WATCHED. GET SOME THERAPY FOR THOSE UNSOLVED FAMILY ISSUES/ INSECURITIES YOU ALL WERE ONCE BONDED BY. <_<

This is why the "Rec" should do a better job picking coaches.  Nothing against them on a personal basis, but parents should not be allowed to have their own children on the teams they are coaching.  If they are really there to help out all of the children from town, then the above stipulation shouldnt matter to  them.  If every parent who gives of his or her time to help the children learn the objective of the sport, including understanding plays, team work, having fun at the sport and above all sportsmanship, then none of the things that happened at that game would be able to happen again.  What do you think was running thru these kids minds when they saw everything that happened?  Arent we as parents supposed to set the example?  I seriously beleive that the people who were out of line should not be allowed to either coach or attend any future games if this is the way they are going to behave.  Shame on you!!!

There is no way the Rec would say anything to any of these coaches. I made a comment to the ref about a coach that was opposing my child's team. I thought he was too aggressive on the field. He was literally on the field in the middle of them playing, running up and down. I thought that that was improper and distracting to everyone. And I thought it could end up as a volatile situation. I was told "Well, at least he volunteers". That is the mentality we are dealing with. I cannot have an opinion because I don't volunteer. I go to as many games as I can but, unfortunately, I cannot quit my 9-5 job to volunteer. I am lucky my boss lets me work through lunch just to catch a game. But my opinion about my child does not count.

Well I will tell you this no other Coaches were informed that they were taking 6th graders because I asked let me REPEAT IT WAS FOR 3RD, 4TH AND 5TH GRADERS!. Ok next did anyone hear what the 6th grader said to the coaches son?? Did you see the 6th graders Father start with the coach at a previous game when he had a lot to say, did you see the 6th graders father justify his son cracking someone in the face not once but three times befor they sat him down for 2 minutes?? so who was really the problem? Stop blaming the Councilman, for your information he tried to make it exciting and showed up to support the kids throughout the season not just the end, I was in the gym that night and he didn't get loud in fact he had his hands in his pockets and the 6th graders father started yelling putting his hands in the air and Victor walked away if saying shame on you for talking like that to a child then it is obvious you have a personal problem with this man that you would make up lies to burry him. Victor I thank you for the effort you gave to making this program a go considering if we waited around for the rec manager we probably wouldn't have had a league so thank you for caring about the kids, I think you are the only one that does.

What did the 6th grader say to the coaches son ? I'll tell you, he called him a midget after he told him GOOD GAME 6th GRADER. When did the Father start with the other coach and when did the Father ever taunt another child from any of the other teams? NEVER. Stop making false accusations. The councilman should've kept control of his daughter and her wannabe boyfriend and none of this wouldv'e happened. Don't blame the 6th grader and for your information their was a kid that was 13 playing in the league and the coaches were aware of this. Get your facts straight. Sounds like your'e trying to kiss up to the councilman.

This is why the "Rec" should do a better job picking coaches.  Nothing against them on a personal basis, butevery parent who gives of his or her time to help the children learn the objective minds when they saw everything that happened?  Arent we as parents supposed to set the example?  I seriously beleive that the people who were out of line should not be allowed to either coach or attend any future games if this is the way they are going to behave.  Shame on you!!!

"parents should not be allowed to have their own children on the teams they are coaching. If they are really there to help out all of the children from town, then the above stipulation shouldnt matter to them. If of the sport, including understanding plays, team work, having fun at the sport and above all sportsmanship, then none of the things that happened at that game would be able to happen again."

This is not a very practical solution. Who will be watching the "parents/coaches"

children while they are coaching other kids. What parent will want to bring their child to a 5 pm game and then wait around for their teams game. Coaching is on a volunteer basis. Some parents are willing to coach because it is convenient. They are at the games to watch their kids play so why not coach too. If they had to make special arrangements and be at the court all day for their childs game and then again for their game they may not want to coach. Also there is not a huge list of people waiting to volunteer to coach. Most years the rec has to beg parents to get involved and volunteer. It is a shame that this incident happened, but I am sure all involved have realized how silly they acted and will work to improve their behavior. Also the rec director has to be more assertive on the rules and regs of the game and not let anyone regardless of connections bend the rules. As for the child in sixth grade if he wanted to play and the town has no other leagues he should be allowed to play. Think if it was your child, would you want him to play or not?

I don't know where u get your info from, but you are way off.  There is one sixth grader in the whole league, everyone else is in 3rd,4th,or 5th grade.  Each team was not given two older kids and that sixth grader was not placed on that team because they needed players he was put there because that lard ass coach saw him playing around in the gym and asked him why he wasn't playing and he said because he was in the sixth grade.So "Coach Porky begged jb to let him play for her.  J.B., "Hard Hat",and the child were the only ones aware of what grade he was in.  It had nothing to do with age it was that he was the only sixth grader aloud to play.  Oh and by the way JB skipped over 13 other sixth graders to let that one play.  SO GO F**K YOURSELF and tell the truth not what that fat B**ch says

Nice language to use in a forum. Sounds like you have the mentality of a 6th grader. No, 6th graders have more brains than yourself. Go check the rosters of the teams and you will see how old the children were. The parents were contacted by the rec. to play in the league. The 6th grader wasn't even the oldest kid in the league MORON. I think The 6th grader has more brains than youself. These are the facts.

Can somebody tell me how calling a sixth grader a sixth grader is taunting? taunting is saying "you S**K" or booing at them.  And as for the poor sixth grader who was supposedly crying, I heard he called the other player a "midget".Now thats taunting. It's sad how M.S.(coach/disease) claims she is there to coach the children, yet one of her players was embarresed every time he did something wrong. Yet nothing was said or done about that. And she keeps that little girl behind on defense when her team has the ball.  What is that teaching that little girl, that she is not needed. And you are right, the rec needs to change, they need to get rid of that thief jb and stop letting the same lunatic, trouble making, loud mouth, no coaching skills(no, yelling at kids is not considered coaching)P.O.S.

When the screaming of 6th grader is coming from the mouths of adults , not to mention Grandparents. I have a problem with it. When the coach runs up to the kid and pokes him and yells in his face GOOD GAME 6TH GRADER, I have a problem with it. I guess that didn't happen. Choose what you want to believe. When kids call each other names it's not that big of a deal, not adults. I don't think you could be 1/2 the coach MS is. Get a life.

I don't know where u get your info from, but you are way off.  There is one sixth grader in the whole league, everyone else is in 3rd,4th,or 5th grade.  Each team was not given two older kids and that sixth grader was not placed on that team because they needed players he was put there because that lard ass coach saw him playing around in the gym and asked him why he wasn't playing and he said because he was in the sixth grade.So "Coach Porky begged jb to let him play for her.  J.B., "Hard Hat",and the child were the only ones aware of what grade he was in.  It had nothing to do with age it was that he was the only sixth grader aloud to play.  Oh and by the way JB skipped over 13 other sixth graders to let that one play.  SO GO F**K YOURSELF and tell the truth not what that fat B**ch says

Maybe your kid is the 13 year old in the 5th grade. Sorry to hurt your feelings. DUMMY!!!!!!

When the screaming of 6th grader is coming from the mouths of adults , not to mention Grandparents. I have a problem with it. When the coach runs up to the kid and pokes him and yells in his face GOOD GAME 6TH GRADER, I have a problem with it. I guess that didn't happen. Choose what you want to believe. When kids call each other names it's not that big of a deal, not adults. I don't think you could be 1/2 the coach MS is. Get a life.

First off, The woman coach who all of you are referring to with these deragatory comments, I know her personally. I have been reading all the things that are being said about her and I am disgusted. Aside from coaching and helping all these kids let me give you a little insight on some other things she does. If anyone who posts here has a child in the 3rd grade that recently went on a field trip for free you can thank her. It's because of her that they went. All those 5th graders that played basketball ask them about all the new books that they got not too long ago. You can thank her. She gives so much to the school if you knew even 1/2 of it you would be ashamed of yourself. When your 1st, 2nd and 4th graders go on their field trips and it doesn't cost you anything I would like to see who going to go on here and thank her. At christmas time when EVERY child in Lincoln got something ask them where it came from. I know. Do you? All those fundraisers at school that are run, bookfairs and chrismas shops who do you think does all that? not me.......I'm gonna guess it's not any of you either. When they have pool parties and christmas parties and pasta parties for these kids that she coaches where do you think that comes from, the rec?? that councilman?? you better think again. Actually, I've never even seen the councilman or his daughter (who has a child in the school) doing anything. Why do parents request for their child to be put on her teams? Up till now so was the councilman's grandson. He's always been on her teams, including this basketball team. Is anyone even aware of that? Yup, the councilman's grandson was originally on her team when the season started. The mother requested it. The grandfather went in and asked to have him put on the other team. The famous 6th grader AND his brother were already on the team roster when the season started. The councilman's grandson was actually replaced by the blond hair 5th grader, which by the way is the one who scored most of the points all season. Why was she going to continue coaching the little ones in baseball even though she isn't going to be having anyone playing? I'll tell ya why, because us parents who are still going to be having kids playing on that team asked her to. Well, I for one hopes she doesn't allow a select few jerks to ruin it for all the others. MS-the person-thank you for everything. Keep your head up.

Hey Dan the Man say no to DRUGS! You shouldn't be hanging out at a local at 11:00AM

There is no way the Rec would say anything to any of these coaches. I made a comment to the ref about a coach that was opposing my child's team. I thought he was too aggressive on the field. He was literally on the field in the middle of them playing, running up and down. I thought that that was improper and distracting to everyone. And I thought it could end up as a volatile situation. I was told "Well, at least he volunteers". That is the mentality we are dealing with. I cannot have an opinion because I don't volunteer. I go to as many games as I can but, unfortunately, I cannot quit my 9-5 job to volunteer. I am lucky my boss lets me work through lunch just to catch a game. But my opinion about my child does not count.

get over yourself, your the biggest baby around. your one too talk,i know they pick on your kids right? they live off the name and connections just like the brats who started the fight. it's race to see who knows who and who can get away with the most. we know who you are,you have some nerve to throw stones. go scratch your ass. a-hole b*tch closet a-hole kisser! :rolleyes:

get over yourself, your the biggest baby around. your one too talk,i know they pick on your kids right? they live off the name and connections just like the brats who started the fight. it's race to see who knows who and who can get away with the most. we know who you are,you have some nerve to throw stones. go scratch your ass. a-hole b*tch closet a-hole kisser! :blink:

Who are you talking about and what are you talking about?

Guest outta here!!

I would like to thank this board and the town of harrison for helping me make the decision to continue to coach football in lyndhurst and not return to that hell hole. Eventually someone there will grow up!!!!!! I feel sorry for your children!!!!

What did the 6th grader say to the coaches son ? I'll tell you, he called him a midget after he told him GOOD GAME 6th GRADER. When did the Father start with the other coach and when did the Father ever taunt another child from any of the other teams? NEVER.  Stop making false accusations. The councilman should've kept control of his daughter and her wannabe boyfriend and none of this wouldv'e happened. Don't blame the 6th grader and for your information their was a kid that was 13 playing in the league and the coaches were aware of this. Get your facts straight. Sounds like your'e trying to kiss up to the councilman.

WANNABE BOYFRIEND THATS PRETTY FUNNY! DOES SHE WORK? SEEMS TO HAVE A LOT OF TIME ON HER HANDS.

You want to know what successful programs do.They put the parents as far away from the action as possible .Zero tolerance for bad behavior .Be good or be gone!

Unfortunately some people with agendas, other than the kids just having some fun and learning a little about the sport ,were allowed to coach.Even though they exhibited unacceptable behavior throughout the season ,they were still allowed to coach.From what I understand,and correct me if I'm wrong,besides trophies being awarded for this, one of the parents is buying jackets for their team.

Take a step back here ,That is borderline insanity and sends absolutely the wrong message." You don't need no stinkin' jackets or trophies" to make an experience meaningful and worthwhile.What you do need is people with some marked degree of sanity to work with these kids.You need to make it fun.TURN OFF THE SCOREBOARD AND YOU'LL FIND OUT WHO THE PEOPLE ARE WHO ARE COACHING FOR THE KIDS.   

When the process becomes solely about winning then the abusers come out of the woodwork.There is a time for winning and losing,but that is a little further down the road.Kids must learn how to play.They must have fun or they will be gone.The children need guidance not interference.Coaches who are there to act out their own  aggressions,recapture their lost youth,or fufill their own lost dreams don't belong within 50 feet of these kids.

Hopefully the children who witnessed the abominable behavior at the Rec Center,aren't so scarred by the behavior of the"role models" ,loosely called adults, that choose never to play again.Worse yet, they start to believe that this is the way adults are supposed to behave,Jackets and trophies don't buy anyone out of this mess.Don't hijack children's dreams!

CORRECT ME IF I WRONG BUT DIDN'T THEY JUST HAVE THE REC AIDS ACT LIKE COACHES LAST YEAR AND THEY HAD NO PROBLEM - WHY DID THEY ALL OF A SUDDEN GET PARENTS AS COACHES AND MAKE THIS LIKE PROFESSIONAL BASKET BALL INSTEAD OF KIDS LEARNING A GAME AND HAVING FUN!!! WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE WINNING OR LOSING - WHY CAN'T IT BE KIDS LEARNING A SPORT AND HAVING FUN PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER - THIS IS JUST LIKE THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE - ONLY THE GOOD KIDS PLAY FOOTBALL NOT EVERYONE - IF YOU'RE KID ISN'T THAT GREAT A PLAYER HE SITS ON THE BENCH - HOW UNFAIR - PARENTS WAKE UP LET YOUR KIDS BE KIDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO GROW UP SOON ENOUGH AND BECOME COMPETITIVE TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL - LET THEM LEARN A SPORT AND MAYBE THEY'LL LIKE IT AND BECOME BETTER - BUT THE CONSTANT YOU HAVE TO WIN OR YOUR NOTHING S**ks!!!!!! GROW UP PARENTS AND TOWN OFFICIALS - LET THE KIDS ENJOY THEMSELVES. AND PARENTS THAT WANT TO HELP - HELP BUT DON'T YELL AND ACT LIKE BABIES AND TRY TO LIVE THROUGH YOUR KIDS - LET THEM LIVE THEIR OWN LIVES - JUST BE THERE FOR SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE!!!!

Who are you talking about and what are you talking about?

GUEST WHO POSTED ON FEB 5TH........TROUBLEMARKER NUMBER ONE. WHO'S KID SEEMS TO BE THE VICTIM AROUND TOWN. YOUR NO DIFFERENT THEN THESE TWO FAMILIES. DEMANDING THINGS AROUND TOWN THEN KISSING ASSES FOR FREEBIES. GO F*CK YOURSELF........YEAH YOU! YOU KNOW IT'S YOU SHAGGY DOG B**ch! :ninja:

Guest say it don't spray it
CORRECT ME IF I WRONG BUT DIDN'T THEY JUST HAVE THE REC AIDS ACT LIKE COACHES LAST YEAR AND THEY HAD NO PROBLEM - WHY DID THEY ALL OF A SUDDEN GET PARENTS AS COACHES AND MAKE THIS LIKE PROFESSIONAL BASKET BALL INSTEAD OF KIDS LEARNING A GAME AND HAVING FUN!!!  WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE WINNING OR LOSING - WHY CAN'T IT BE KIDS LEARNING A SPORT AND HAVING FUN PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER - THIS IS JUST LIKE THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE - ONLY THE GOOD KIDS PLAY FOOTBALL NOT EVERYONE - IF YOU'RE KID ISN'T THAT GREAT A PLAYER HE SITS ON THE BENCH - HOW UNFAIR - PARENTS WAKE UP LET YOUR KIDS BE KIDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO GROW UP SOON ENOUGH AND BECOME COMPETITIVE TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL - LET THEM LEARN A SPORT AND MAYBE THEY'LL LIKE IT AND BECOME BETTER - BUT THE CONSTANT YOU HAVE TO WIN OR YOUR NOTHING S**ks!!!!!! GROW UP PARENTS AND TOWN OFFICIALS - LET THE KIDS ENJOY THEMSELVES.  AND PARENTS THAT WANT TO HELP - HELP BUT DON'T YELL AND ACT LIKE BABIES AND TRY TO LIVE THROUGH YOUR KIDS - LET THEM LIVE THEIR OWN LIVES - JUST BE THERE FOR SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE!!!!

I think you wrong but then I wrong maybe too. What is the " Rec Aids"? Did I miss the sing along?

I would hardly call the Rec basketball program "professional". I do like that they had coaches and practice sessions that might have taught the children a thing or two. A huge improvement over years past.

You compare this intramural program to the yute football program -- are you daffy or just drinking too much cool aid? I watched the football games and never saw Harrison kids play against Harrison kids. If little Johnny didn't play as much, well I gotta believe there was a good reason. Probably concern for further

respiratory/circulatory activity in the future.

All that aside, I agree with you about the whole kids being kids thing and the responsible adult thing and the wake up let the kids be........

Wait a second did you say "COMPETITIVE"? You get my point? You can't have it both ways. What a wonderful world it would be but for the blurring of the lines.

I have to go, I used all 5 mins of my free time here. Here's my idea move to a town that is better and above all, different than this one. ( Note: They are really all the same, just different faces running the show.) Your life and that of your children will be better................ or you can stay, demand change, fight for that change with your elected town leaders in a venue that will actually make a difference. HINT: This is not the place. I think that what you just need to do is make that difference yourself by being more involved in your kids life.

Don't leave it up to someone else and then complain when you don't like what you get.

not all children can play football or are ready to play football - football is a full contact sport and serious injuries can occur if your child is not prepared to be out there on the field and no I would not send a child on to the field for any amout of time if he isn't properly prepared!!!! So its not just the good kids that play its the kids who are mentally & physically prepared to play that step on the field. get your kid to every practice and to listen & learn and the kid will be on the fiel come september. Oh yeah and get him to make weight!!!!

CORRECT ME IF I WRONG BUT DIDN'T THEY JUST HAVE THE REC AIDS ACT LIKE COACHES LAST YEAR AND THEY HAD NO PROBLEM - WHY DID THEY ALL OF A SUDDEN GET PARENTS AS COACHES AND MAKE THIS LIKE PROFESSIONAL BASKET BALL INSTEAD OF KIDS LEARNING A GAME AND HAVING FUN!!!  WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE WINNING OR LOSING - WHY CAN'T IT BE KIDS LEARNING A SPORT AND HAVING FUN PLAYING WITH EACH OTHER - THIS IS JUST LIKE THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE - ONLY THE GOOD KIDS PLAY FOOTBALL NOT EVERYONE - IF YOU'RE KID ISN'T THAT GREAT A PLAYER HE SITS ON THE BENCH - HOW UNFAIR - PARENTS WAKE UP LET YOUR KIDS BE KIDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO GROW UP SOON ENOUGH AND BECOME COMPETITIVE TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL - LET THEM LEARN A SPORT AND MAYBE THEY'LL LIKE IT AND BECOME BETTER - BUT THE CONSTANT YOU HAVE TO WIN OR YOUR NOTHING S**ks!!!!!! GROW UP PARENTS AND TOWN OFFICIALS - LET THE KIDS ENJOY THEMSELVES.  AND PARENTS THAT WANT TO HELP - HELP BUT DON'T YELL AND ACT LIKE BABIES AND TRY TO LIVE THROUGH YOUR KIDS - LET THEM LIVE THEIR OWN LIVES - JUST BE THERE FOR SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE!!!!

I'll correct you - you're wrong! The Rec staff did not act like coaches last year. They had one guy reffing - that was it. The kids weren't taught a thing. How can one guy ref a game while he's teaching 10 kids at a time how to play? Never mind the substitutions - that was a joke! We have to be the only town around where the rec sports have no coaches. How do you have a soccer game with 30 kids on the field, no coaches, no one learning positions - the kids don't learn a thing! All they want to complain about is that no one volunteers. That is not true. All they have to do is ask!

And what does football have to do with it?? Those teams are lucky if they have enough kids to field a team - never mind if they're good or not - and all those kids did play. And they certainly don't have a "win or you're nothing" attitude. Only one of those teams wins games, but all 3 teams played their hearts out EVERY game, had fun doing it and learned the sport too! Football is NOT like other sports, where if you're not that good, you can just run around and blend in. If your kid is not that good at football and a coach puts him on the field he's going to get hit and hit hard!! and then you'll be the first one complaining that your kid got hurt.

I'll correct you - you're wrong!  The Rec staff did not act like coaches last year.  They had one guy reffing - that was it.  The kids weren't taught a thing.  How can one guy ref a game while he's teaching 10 kids at a time how to play?  Never mind the substitutions - that was a joke!  We have to be the only town around where the rec sports have no coaches.  How do you have a soccer game with 30 kids on the field, no coaches, no one learning positions - the kids don't learn a thing!  All they want to complain about is that no one volunteers.  That is not true.  All they have to do is ask!

And what does football have to do with it??  Those teams are lucky if they have enough kids to field a team - never mind if they're good or not - and all those kids did play.  And they certainly don't have a "win or you're nothing" attitude.  Only one of those teams wins games, but all 3 teams played their hearts out EVERY game, had fun doing it and learned the sport too!  Football is NOT like other sports, where if you're not that good, you can just run around and blend in.  If your kid is not that good at football and a coach puts him on the field he's going to get hit and hit hard!! and then you'll be the first one complaining that your kid got hurt.

listen!There are an awful lot of baby boomers in this country,in fact the largest segment of our population ,who learned to play pretty well by organizing their own games and activities.We are raising a generation of kids who will never learn how to organize on their own ,to negotiate their problems,to socially interact on their own,to understand fair play without being instructed by some frustrated adult.

Don't get me wrong there is a place for organized athletics.but at the age we are talking about ,the kids just need the opportunity and a facility and they will find their way.They certainly will have more fun.If I still have your attention go to the Star ledger sports section online a few days ago and read about the Bradley family of New Jersey.One brother ,Bob ,is the coach of the National Soccer team.A great insight to athletic success and enjoyment.

When's the last time you saw kids "duke up " sides.There used to be kids playing in the Harrison Park on their own ,West Hudson Park on their own,stick ball,street games,.No adults,no uniforms ,no trophies no scoreboards ,no jackets.

Yeah,yeah I know you think that's ancient history but it sure beats the alternative that we are seeing now.There are some socially distorted adults that don't belong working with our children.They already screwed up their own lives.Please stay away from the kids.

Let them play! They will be adults soon enough.

Amen

GUEST WHO POSTED ON FEB 5TH........TROUBLEMARKER NUMBER ONE. WHO'S KID SEEMS TO BE THE VICTIM AROUND TOWN. YOUR NO DIFFERENT THEN THESE TWO FAMILIES. DEMANDING THINGS AROUND TOWN THEN KISSING ASSES FOR FREEBIES. GO F*CK YOURSELF........YEAH YOU! YOU KNOW IT'S YOU SHAGGY DOG B**ch! :wub:

Who is shaggy? Who is the TRouble MARKER? Huh???

I think you wrong but then I wrong maybe too.  What is the " Rec Aids"?  Did I miss the sing along? 

I would hardly call the Rec basketball program "professional".  I do like that they had coaches and practice sessions that might have taught the children a thing or two. A huge improvement over years past. 

You compare this intramural program to the yute football program -- are you daffy or just drinking too much cool aid?  I watched the football games and never saw Harrison kids play against Harrison kids.  If little Johnny didn't play as much, well I gotta believe there was a good reason.  Probably concern for further

respiratory/circulatory activity in the future. 

All that aside, I agree with you about the whole kids being kids thing and the responsible adult thing and the wake up let the kids be........

Wait a second did you say "COMPETITIVE"?  You get my point?  You can't have it both ways.  What a wonderful world it would be but for the blurring of the lines.

I have to go, I used all 5 mins of my free time here.  Here's my idea move to a town that is better and above all, different than this one. ( Note: They are really all the same, just different faces running the show.) Your life and that of your children will be better................  or you can stay, demand change, fight for that change with your elected town leaders in a venue that will actually make a difference.  HINT: This is not the place.  I think that what you just need to do is make that difference yourself by being more involved in your kids life.

Don't leave it up to someone else and then complain when you don't like what you get.

uh..........but it was a n elect official who started this whole mess. was i the only one who saw him go APES!