Police Traffic Posts & Wearing Hats

Guest McGruff

Guest McGruff

Mr. Mayor:

Why is it acceptable that the Police do not have to wear their hats while getting out of the car. It seemed so dignified and made the entire uniform look great. Also, last week as I went to Holy Cross church I was splashed by a car and then looked over at the Police Officer sitting in the car and he seemed to be laughing. I am an elderly voter who does not think this is funny. The time this happened was 8:55 A.M. Whatever happened to the officer on the corner of Fourth St. and Harrison Ave. and Fourth St. and Bergen St. standing outside the car and crossing the people. If this is too difficult for a man, then his supervisor should do it or be held accountable for it. This happens mostly in the late afternoon hours. The old Mayor would never have put up with this tomfoolery. Did the Police make up their own decision that this is no longer common practice.

Please look into this for me and my friends. Thanks.

Does that PBO or PBA organization make the rules or does the Chief of the Police Department? To me it seems like the cops have no use for the Chief or the Mayor, they do whatever they want. Has the sick time improved already with the new experiment? The cost to the citizens of that is going to double or triple during the probation or test period. Will my tax bill double or triple also? Will I get unlimited extensions to pay my tax bill? Who is the dummy that allowed that to happen. No wonder the town has to beg for money from the state. these cops are out of control. The average street cop makes $60,000 to 70,000per year. Why can't they come to work. The town Council is very weak to let these cops humiliate them. Shame, shame!

The old mayor would not have put up with a lot of things, but unfortunately he isn't around anymore. The next best thing is to get rid of the current mayor during election time and hopefully elect someone with some competence.

Stop your crying if you are that old then go into a home.What about people who walk all the time do they need someone to "cross them too?"...Crossing guards cross people cops are there to supervise the area...if it be in a car on a corner or just passing by the area.Cops=crime prvention..crossing guard=crossing off people who can't make it on their own!!!!

Mr. Mayor:

Why is it acceptable that the Police do not have to wear their hats while getting out of the car. It seemed so dignified and made the entire uniform look great. Also, last week as I went to Holy Cross church I was splashed by a car and then looked over at the Police Officer sitting in the car and he seemed to be laughing. I am an elderly voter who does not think this is funny. The time this happened was 8:55 A.M. Whatever happened to the officer on the corner of Fourth St. and Harrison Ave. and Fourth St. and Bergen St. standing outside the car and crossing the people. If this is too difficult for a man, then his supervisor should do it or be held accountable for it. This happens mostly in the late afternoon hours. The old Mayor would never have put up with this tomfoolery. Did the Police make up their own decision that this is no longer common practice.

Please look into this for me and my friends. Thanks.

Don't you have something better to do than worry about an officer without his hat on!!!!! MORON

Too bad you got wet but I would of laughed at you too!!!!! and I am not a cop.

THe old mayor is long gone so shut up and stop complaining about the police....

I will remember the nasty things you said and tell all my friends not to contributr to the police when they come begging for money. I urge all others to do the same. the disgracefull attitudes on this forum deserve a big "0.00" at contrinution time. maybe the officer was too drunk to stand on the corner! How can he then drive?

Stop your crying if you are that old then go into a home.What about people who walk all the time do they need someone to "cross them too?"...Crossing guards cross people cops are there to supervise the area...if it be in a car on a corner or just passing by the area.Cops=crime prvention..crossing guard=crossing off people who can't make it on their own!!!!

Is your life really that miserable? An officer wearing a hat may not be a big deal to you, but to some it is. There is no need for you to bash people for stating an opinion, especially if they are elderly or disabled (can't cross a street without help). You will be old some day too.

Guest Miss Crabtree
Does that PBO or PBA organization make the rules or does the Chief of the Police Department? To me it seems like the cops have no use for the Chief or the Mayor, they do whatever they want. Has the sick time improved already with the new experiment? The cost to the citizens of that is going to double or triple during the probation or test period. Will my tax bill double or triple also? Will I get unlimited extensions to pay my tax bill? Who is the dummy that allowed that to happen. No wonder the town has to beg for money from the state. these cops are out of control. The average street cop makes $60,000 to 70,000per year. Why can't they come to work. The town Council is very weak to let these cops humiliate them. Shame, shame!

Wait until Cody yanks that Abbott District money away just like the stadium. Your tax bill will quadruple to pay for all the supers ,asst. supers, principals, v.p.s ,curr. coordinaters and everything else in the school ststem. Hope Harrison stays DISTRESSED for ever!!! :huh::huh:

Hats! Who cares as long as they do they're job. As far as presence = crime prevention, yes but we're talking about safety. Tickets, tickets and more tickets = safety. I have walked to the PATH for thirty years. With increased traffic it is not safe. Try crossing some of these streets during rush hour . Commuters driving to this town have total disregard for it. There's only one way to stop it. Police action. It would be argued that we don't have enough police presence. Yes there are some officers at some intersections, but from what I have seen, it's not of much help. I'd rather they be writing tickets. As far as prior mayor, yes he's 100% at fault for not keeping up with modernization and was more worried about records. Current mayor, thought he'd care, but doesn't appear that way. Only way to change things you don't like is to be active and get off your ass and do something about it. People make a difference. Town does have tremendous potential, especially with what you see with other "commuter" towns. Not the prettiest, but people can change that. It's all about perception.

We are good enough to contribute when you come begging for money, but just a bunch of name less faces the rest of the year. It is gonna be a lean year for contributions at the police department. Shame on you!!

Guest guest_Guest
What a clever reply. Your hat should be a hard hat cause your wife says thats the only thing hard in your bedroom.

there are 3 harrison crossing guards that are the worlds worst the should be classifed as the misfits of harrison the crossing guard on davis ave at condon is waste to society. the crossing guard at hamilton and kingsland ave. is stone deaf and was does she hear nothing. then you have the crossing on 4thstreet and central who is never in the middle of the street if my child were to get hit she would have alot of explaining. try hiring some normal people.

What a clever reply.  Your hat should be a hard hat cause your wife says thats the only thing hard in your bedroom.

there are 3 harrison crossing guards that are the worlds worst the should be classifed as the misfits of harrison the crossing guard on davis ave at condon is waste to society. the crossing guard at hamilton and kingsland ave. is stone deaf and was does she hear nothing. then you have the crossing on 4thstreet and central who is never in the middle of the street if my child were to get hit she would have alot of explaining. try hiring some normal people.

In case you did not know they make $18/hr. plus benefits.........

there's talk about some crossing guards not doing there jobs. In my opinion its probably because they are high. They should be tested at raandom for drugs. I know for a fact of 2 crossing guards on drugs. If anything happen to a kid crossing the street with a guard spaced out they will never forgive themselves. Please look into this. We have alot of respectable crossing guards and those few ruin it for the rest . I'm sure they have an idea who they would be. Drug test them all. thank you .

we have some crossing guards who are excellent. Give them credit to. Are far as benefits they do not receive them. And yes they should be drug tested if they are crossing children.

Archived