Good Job Chief

Guest Blue Coat

Guest Blue Coat

Chief Trucillo has done a good job in 2004. There are no lawsuits pending and he has settled all grievances by giving us our way. Not like the last Chief who fought us tooth and nail.

We are now going to get unlimited sick time and steady shifts that will lessen the time that we have to come to Harrison to work.

Keep up the good work Chief. :angry:

I think you jumped the gun on those steady shifts buddy, and remember that the unlimited sick time has a probationary period. Sick time is wildly out of control now. The one Sgt. even had a one day "cancer" procedure and took like two months off. I AM CONFIDENT YOU WILL SCREW THE WHOLE DEAL UP. Wirearms got what he wanted, and his tough guy buddy that died of "Unknown" causes got his too. Not a person on this earth dies of unknown causes. Thats a fact. Some fall off buildings, some overdose, some of heart attacks, and many other maladys, but not unknown causes. That is ludicrous.

Guest group of denial

listen up groupie of denial. where exactly do you get your information from? if i didn't know better i would think you have a toothless wife and sell dough. that's the only scum bag willing to say those words .........good job my ass. no lawsuits as if........ i believe murray has a list steady shift? not in this life time. unlimited sick time well how does till martin luther king day sound. wait till the cheese and the pinhead have their session of pin the tail on mario and his nephew. :angry:

The one Sgt. who had a one day "Cancer" procedure, took off the time the Dr. allowed him. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it with the Sgt then the DR. coward.

The only thing wirearms got! Was caught.

If you have a problem with the Sgt that passed away, go to his family and ask.

If you work with these people go talk to them coward, or maybe you are a retired member if so collect your full pension or your 40% pension and let it go.

Guest Brother PBA Member

Does anyone know the average amount of sick time a HPD Officer takes?

Who will benefit by going to unlimited sick time?

Will it increase the amount of overtime?

How many hours per week will the officers on steady shift work?

What has the union given back in order to get steady shifts and unlimited sick time?

Please answer these questions so that I can ask my union to seek these benefits?

The answer to your questions

15 sick days per year.- The sick leave abusers will benefit-there will be a huge increase in overtime-the PBA gave back payment for 1/2 of sick days not used- the taxpayers are the big losers on this deal and the misfits are the winners.

The one Sgt. who had a one day "Cancer" procedure, took off the time the Dr. allowed him. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it with the Sgt then the DR. coward.

The only thing wirearms got! Was caught.

If you have a problem with the Sgt that passed away, go to his family and ask.

If you work with these people go talk to them coward, or maybe you are a retired member if so collect your full pension or your 40% pension and let it go.

Who is the coward--GUEST

Guest PBA Member

Wirearms quit as PBA President because he couldn't get paid for being a FTO which he wasn't qualified for. He said he's tired of representing these a--holes. Poor wirearms, he tried so hard to be a good PBA President, but he just wanted more pay for himself. B):(:D:angry:

• 2 weeks later...

The Chief has made a wise choice putting in for retirement on Jun1. If he stayed he would have lost a big payout for unused sick and vacation days. The PBA did away with these payments in their new contract and in return received unlimited sick time. A lot of good officers who came to work regularly got screwed.

searching for the yellow streak featured on the rag this week the accomplishment bring me to tears every officer should rape the town for all the freebies it has yes maintain yourself first on line at farhinas for free coffee and donuts seek accomplishment in knowing wendys is open till one. live in fantasy island and wait till dr makes number one on the sgt's test then will harrison be safe nothing happens here we are a strong department filled with backstabbing ass kissing get on your knees sirs ready to attack for a chance to be like old yellow! did you get that picture! :P;):):blink::blink::D:D may can't cum soon enough!

Hey Chief thanks for the steady shift well I guess its your last gift to the patrol officers. OH wait its a steady shift for 5 officers that makes no sense!! Before you get your $400,000 (from your 450 sick days, and 400 vacation days) in June when you retire, why don't you take care of your men and give them all a steady shift. Then you can go on with your life and live happily ever after. OH wait I forgot you might have to ask the 4 captains of the dept!!!!!!!!!!

God, I wonder when the cries of "The Sky is Falling" will come???

Unlimited Sick time really isnt, there are still Civil Service rules that must be followed, and people who abuse it can be disciplined. For example, Kearny has had unlimited sick time for decades, yet they dont have the rampant abuse problems that you folks are predicting here, because anyone who IS found to be an abuser is dealt with. In fact KPD averages less than the 15 days per man that Harrison allows, with no cost to the town at the end for paybacks of those unused sick days, and the benefit to the officer that if he Does have a serious illness, he is still covered. Steady Shifts Aren't a bad thing either, Studies have shown that over the course of a career, a Police Officer will live between 5 and 12 years longer if he works a steady shift, rather than a rotating shift. Look at the departments in the area who Work steadies.. North Arlington, Belleville, Kearny, E. Orange, Irvington, More agencies work steady shifts than rotating, mainly because it's proven that steady shifts also cut down on sick time, and subsequently, overtime. But hey, Why let the facts of the situation get in the way of a good Hysterical Argument.

The one thing that really frightens me is that some of these posters might actually BE Harrison Officers, because frankly, if they are, the way that the agency and personnel are spoken of is a disgrace, and frankly make me VERY thankful that I neither work there, or will ever have to rely on any of those guys to back me up.

If thats the case then shut the F up. You won't ever have to rely on them so why do you care? I love you people who have so much to say about the HPD, but then say "well I don't live or work here anyway", which you know is a lie. Fact is you are most likely a fat, minimum wage, disgrutled wanna be cop who is jealous of anyone who actually has a life. Thanks for the "stats" but any idiot knows that shift work is not healthy. I hope the HPD gets everything they want, they deserve it.

If thats the case then shut the F up. You won't ever have to rely on them so why do you care? I love you people who have so much to say about the HPD, but then say "well I don't live or work here anyway", which you know is a lie. Fact is you are most likely a fat, minimum wage, disgrutled wanna be cop who is jealous of anyone who actually has a life. Thanks for the "stats" but any idiot knows that shift work is not healthy. I hope the HPD gets everything they want, they deserve it.

Looks like you need a quick course in reading comprehension..i was NOT knocking HPD, merely pointing out that the people who post here with such vitriol and constantly bash each other make the department look VERY bad. How would YOU feel working for an agency who has so many people at each other's throats, knowing that at any time you may have to rely on someone to back you up that the day before was posting crap about you on here? There's no way they could function like that, which is why i doubt most of the supposed HPD officers who post here really are. As for what I am, or am not, You've mistaken me for someonewho really cares about your opinion. I've been a cop in the area for close on 20 years, and HPD, while it does have its problems (ANY dept that is their size and has a 2 unions is going to have issues) all in all they do a pretty good job. While thay have had a few notable exceptions personnel-wise..one of the most glaring, who has thankfully finally been fired, wasnt the town's fault to begin with, since he was forced down their throats by the feds. They do what they need to do, and DONT get enoughcredit for it.

NO STEADY SHIFTS!!!!!!!!IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the 5 steady shifts that are being dangled out there? I wonder who will get them. Also don't forget all the A$&kissers who work 8-4 and in traffic. JT is trying to save face before he leaves with the motherload!!! because he is afraid to buck the state with a steady shift that would work.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chief promised the Mayor that there would be 3 years of peace with the PBA under his tenure. What he forgot to tell him was that it would come at a great cost. Sick time out of control, grievances always settled in favor of the union.etc. The poor guy who takes over willl be left with a sick leave abusing, undisciplined group of misfits who will make his life miserable if he tries to exert leadership.

It cost the town a fortune in overtime payments to replace the sick officers. Meanwhile the Chief is leaving with a severence payout of three hundred thousand and a 91 thousand pension. He's laughing all the way to the bank while trying to get another job with the Board of education. :blink::angry::ph34r:

You guys are just jealous because he was smart enough to get out while he could still collect. You losers will bankrupt the Town after he leaves.

He earned the severence pay by coming to work for many years.

The Chief promised the Mayor that there would be 3 years of peace with the PBA under his tenure. What he forgot to tell him was that it would come at a great cost. Sick time out of control, grievances always settled in favor of the union.etc. The poor guy who takes over willl be left with a sick leave abusing, undisciplined group of misfits who will make his life miserable if he tries to exert leadership.

START GETTING SOME WALKING BEATS LATE AT NIGHT,AND YOU'LL SEE THE CRY BABIES KISSING ASS ONCE AGAIN

Archived