Public Safety Director

Guest Guest

My choice is Ronnie Cat. He tells it like it is and don't sugar-coat issues to the PBA like in the past. Some don't like him because he got a town job, but the man goes out of his way to say hello to people and would staighten out the cops as this is very much needed. Ronnie would rather die on his feet rather than live on his knees like many in Harrison. I hope the Mayor reads this and makes the change ASAP.

My choice is Ronnie Cat. He tells it like it is and don't sugar-coat issues to the PBA like in the past. Some don't like him because he got a town job, but the man goes out of his way to say hello to people and would staighten out the cops as this is very much needed. Ronnie would rather die on his feet rather than live on his knees like many in Harrison. I hope the Mayor reads this and makes the change ASAP.

ronnie would put those cry babies in there place,police and fire

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harrison Taxpayer

Now that the Police Chief has announced that he will retire on June 1st., its time to save the taxpayers money and appoint a public safety director. It would save about 150,000 per year. None of the 4 Captains live in Harrison and shouldn't be considered for the job. It should go to a Harrison resident with proven leadership ability with police experience.

Same with the FD and their 15 to 20 captains, 6 battalion Chiefs, several Deputy Chiefs, and Chief. Take the money and use it for the politicians to fix-up their homes down the shore.

Now that the Police Chief has announced that he will retire on June 1st., its time to save the taxpayers money and appoint a public safety director. It would save about 150,000 per year. None of the 4 Captains live in Harrison and shouldn't be considered for the job. It should go to a Harrison resident with proven leadership ability with police experience.

Tom---

Since when did living here have anything to do with ripping it off?

Unfortunately laws were passed (state or federal level) quite awhile ago that allows for public service workers to be live anywhere. It would be ideal that all police and fire department employees live in Harrison, especially police. I would think they "care" a little more.

Guest Number One

There should be a Civil Service Test for the rank of Chief and all Captains should compete. Whoever comes out first should get the job. There should be no Police Director or Public Safety Director. This would only cause morale problems. When the Chief retires, the Officer that came out first on the last Deputy Chief test should be made Acting Chief until the list comes out.

Good luck on the Chief's test. :ph34r:

Guest guest_Guest

Give it up already with the "living in town" whine. The law was passed, its over. Why not try to change the many other problems instead of constantly repeating yourself like rainman.

There should be no test. The guy who came out first on the "Deputy Chiefs" test before they eliminated the position not too long ago should be the next Chief. That would be fair, but I am sure the mayor and council have their own political favorite. They nedd a "YES" man with no nuts.

Learn to read. Not a "whine" just stating facts and offering my opinion. Where's the repetitiveness? And while were at it, what other problems do we need solved? Why not try and debate. That is what this forum is for. Do you think that if officers lived in the town they worked in, it would make a difference? That was my question. Glad to hear your opinion even if you disagree. And again, it's your opinion. If you can't offer it sensibly, please don't reply.

The new Public Safety Director will be an "out of towner' picked by the Mayor to end all of the crying bs. He will, of course, be someone who can get the Big Giant Head j/o a substantial raise in his illustrious career at the shit factory and a few jobs for his friends. get ready for the cuts and "0" overtime in both the PD and FD. The plans are in the making, so bend over and take it like a man, some may even like that last part.

My statement was not neccessarily directed towards YOU alone. The "out of towner" issue is a constant on this forum and elsewhere.

I do not need to point out the other problems, if you live here you are quite aware of them.

NO I do not think if a police officer lived in town it would effect his job performance. Its not about living in the town that you serve, its about being respected by the town you serve.

Though I can't say I agree with ticket blitzes or whatever, I do believe these men and women should be treated fairly. IF there are openings for promotions and someone is next on "the list" they should be promoted. Bottom line.

Guest call the state alert the media

call your state dept and alert the media.........not attrino

call your state and invite them in on the games here in harrison i'm sure all can't be bought off. attention attorney general harrison is in the mist of changing it's colors from a yellow ass to a possible pink fairy!

God help the next Chief or Director. He will face an undisciplined bunch of sick leave abusers who were backed by the PC. It will be an impossible task to straighten out the HPD after the do nothing hide in the tall grass last Chief executive.

Archived