Harrison Police

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Just a note to say how professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly the Harrison police dispatchers are! Unlike another local police department where you are made to feel you are bothering them, and your calls are pretty much ignored. What a pleasant surprise it was to deal with Harrison! Thank you!

Guest somewhat agreeable
Just a note to say how professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly the Harrison police dispatchers are!  Unlike another local police department where you are made to feel you are bothering them, and your calls are pretty much ignored. What a pleasant surprise it was to deal with Harrison!  Thank you!

At time you can get a good dispatcher who will promptly pass along the proper information.

Other times you get one that gives out half the information that is necessary, and then sometimes the cops dont show up for a long period of time.

All-in-all, you can't blame them TOO much, I know I would not want to go on some of the calls that they have to go on.

Guest Guest
Just a note to say how professional, courteous, helpful, and friendly the Harrison police dispatchers are!  Unlike another local police department where you are made to feel you are bothering them, and your calls are pretty much ignored. What a pleasant surprise it was to deal with Harrison!  Thank you!

You did not speak to a dispatcher..it was a janitor

Guest Guest

I'll second that. Had experience some time back when I noticed a car door wide open in Kmart parking lot from the timeI parked until done shopping and returned to my vehicle. The officer who answered treated me like a second class citizen and spoke down to me. I had asked the officer who was sent who that person was and apparently it was a lieutenant? I have to assume that because my last name may have appeared on caller id and is Spanish that he assumed i was also and treated me poorly. Last time I do good deed in Kearny. Terrible. Harrison on other hand when I had need to call once does have very well spoken patient dispatchers who seem to be very competent.

Good Job Cheif Kearns

Guest Guest
I'll second that. Had experience some time back when I noticed a car door wide open in Kmart parking lot from the timeI parked until done shopping and returned to my vehicle. The officer who answered treated me like a second class citizen and spoke down to me. I had asked the officer who was sent who that person was and apparently it was a lieutenant? I have to assume that because my last name may have appeared on caller id and is Spanish that he assumed i was also and treated me poorly. Last time I do good deed in Kearny.  Terrible. Harrison on other hand when I had need to call once does have very well spoken patient dispatchers who seem to be very competent. 

Good Job Cheif Kearns

actually i have to agree, if you talk to the cops they give their dispatchers a bad wrap. but my experience has been the opposite i have gotten attentive professionals while some cops show up like they dont give a sh*t. kearny should take lessons from the harrison dispatchers.

Guest Guest
actually i have to agree, if you talk to the cops they give their dispatchers a bad wrap. but my experience has been the opposite i have gotten attentive professionals while some cops show up like they dont give a sh*t. kearny should take lessons from the harrison dispatchers.

Using civilians as dispatchers was started in 2001. Chief Kearns was a Lieutenant at the time and had nothing to do with their hiring or training. The training was done by Capt. Dan and Capt. Charlie and Lt. Jim was in charge of them. Give the credit where it should be. It was a good idea then and has proven to be cost efficient.:ninja:

Guest Guest

you got to be kidding, some of them don't even know what day of the week it is.

Guest Guest
you got to be kidding,  some of them don't even know what day of the week it is.

The dispatchers do a very good job. They are trained and are courteous. The Police Officers who they replaced are where they should be---on the streets to prevent crime and arrest violators of the law.

Guest Guest
Yeah, but some of them do know what day it is and what time.  They will also save your a** when you need them.

ditto, that's a fact, plenty of times i've called and gotten speedy results to my situation. in fact, i find them to be pleasant and professional. don't kid yourself their job must not be easy, dispatching medical and crime calls has to take a toll on them. my hat is off to them, i know i wouldn't want to deal with someone's death and or fire. it has to be tough. i say good job to them all. you serve the town well. :)

Guest Guest
At time you can get a good dispatcher who will promptly pass along the proper information.

Other times you get one that gives out half the information that is necessary, and then sometimes the cops dont show up for a long period of time.

All-in-all, you can't blame them TOO much, I know I would not want to go on some of the calls that they have to go on.

necessary like what? they can't control the cops' response time? that goes with the cop. your sadly mistaken. :) they are all good and know their work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
they can also name every brand of do-nuts in dunkin do-nuts they have it memorized -so there is less down time

what's the matter your donut has been squeezed too long? regardless of how you see them, some patrolmen do alot for this town. some fight crime and others keep our wives in check. :P

Guest guest

go figure yet another comment about cops and donuts/coffee...blah blah blah. you are just jealous they are cops and you are not. they are people too and care about their jobs, and do what they are told to do by their superiors. you are just too stupid to realize that and are going with the 100 year old donut comment. retard.