Town Of Harrison

Guest Peter

I walk around the town the other day and I was afraid. The kids look like they are ready to kill someone. They look like they are gang members. Harrison is gone. I predict in the next ten years the violent crime rate will increase 200%. It is just a matter of time before there a gang related crimes (drugs/robbery/murder) are a matter of course in Harrison. It is a shame. There is nothing anyone can do.

The current administration is incompetent. For example, OJ DiSalvo should not be working in a grocery store bagging goods; Joe B could not run a recreation center if his life depended on it (check his resume to see whether he is properly trained).

These are just some examples of the incompeteness. Hopefully, the big money builders will take over and put their own leaders on the council. Harrison could be the next Hoboken. Everyone knows that it is the next logical step in expansion. The Path and the closeness to NYC. Unfortunately, this administration could not organize a lemonade stand. Mr. Mayor you are the project manager on this project. Notwithstanding all the chances in the world, you failed. Your fired.

Lets be fair. There are drugs in the schools, PD, and FD. There are also thefts in all three. As for murder, we had a Harrison resident for murdering a cab driver. IT IS HERE ALREADY.

I walk around the town the other day and I was afraid. The kids look like they are ready to kill someone. They look like they are gang members. Harrison is gone. I predict in the next ten years the violent crime rate will increase 200%. It is just a matter of time before there a gang related crimes (drugs/robbery/murder) are a matter of course in Harrison. It is a shame. There is nothing anyone can do.

The current administration is incompetent. For example, OJ DiSalvo should not be working in a grocery store bagging goods; Joe B could not run a recreation center if his life depended on it (check his resume to see whether he is properly trained).

These are just some examples of the incompeteness. Hopefully, the big money builders will take over and put their own leaders on the council. Harrison could be the next Hoboken. Everyone knows that it is the next logical step in expansion. The Path and the closeness to NYC. Unfortunately, this administration could not organize a lemonade stand. Mr. Mayor you are the project manager on this project. Notwithstanding all the chances in the world, you failed. Your fired.

So what are you saying? Do you want the police dept to go out and violate their right??? I think they do a good job with them but when they do arrest a couple of those J/O's, their parent's come in an make complaints like that officer is only arresting my son and what about all the other J/O's.. I think the HPD should bring back the street crimes unit to take care of these thugs!!!!!

To All:

Please answer the following questions:

1. What is the percentage of minorities residing in Harrison?

2. What is the median income for a family of four residing in Harrison?

3. What is the averag costs of a two family home in Harrison?

4. What is the percentage of Harrison High graduates who attended and graduate from a four year college?

5. How many violent crimes (murder/rape etc) were committed in Harrison this year?

6. What is the percentage of HHS students who graduate in four years?

7. What is the student/teacher ration for HHS?

8. How many students attend HHS?

I am writing a paper for my urban development class and I have been assigned Harrison, NJ as one of the towns that I need to research. The statistics that I have found for these items were shockingly low and I wanted to confirm those statistics with further information. I appreciate any help that you may be able to give.

Guest GUEST_Guest
Lets be fair. There are drugs in the schools, PD, and FD. There are also thefts in all three. As for murder, we had a Harrison resident for murdering a cab driver. IT IS HERE ALREADY.

That's not fair against the kid. That kid never intended to kill the cab driver. He just ment to scare him. He was given too harsh a sentence for an accident. 30 years for a mistake? Jayson Williams did the same thing and got away with it. It's the taxi driver's fault for picking him up. If he never picked him up, he would still be alive today. And it didn't even happen in Harrison. It was in Kearny. Don't blame Harrison for Kearny's crimes.

To All:

Please answer the following questions:

4. What is the percentage of Harrison High graduates who attended and graduate from a four year college?

5. How many violent crimes (murder/rape etc) were committed in Harrison this year?

I am writing a paper for my urban development class and I have been assigned Harrison, NJ as one of the towns that I need to research. The statistics that I have found for these items were shockingly low and I wanted to confirm those statistics with further information. I appreciate any help that you may be able to give.

1. It's got to be over 60% if we're including hispanics.

2. 30,000 - 45,000 I'm guessing

3. $495,000

4. around 35-40%

5. 0

6. probably 80%

7. I believe it was 10-12 students per teacher

8. 735

Guest The Statistician

80%

$55,000.00 per family (non-town employee)

$140,000.00 per family (town employee)

$400,000.00

10%

<5

75%

1 teacher per 25 students

well if you had half of brain which you don't......why come to this site for answers? this site is for laughs only. education is not required here, besides if you were born and raised here the answers are a given.

If the "mistake" as you put it happened to your father, brother, son or any other member of your family I am sure you would be singing a different tune.

Just because you two probably sat around and got high together or committed some B&B's does not make him innocent.

Get off the pipe and get a life please.

Guest had enough
Lets be fair.  There are drugs in the schools, PD, and FD.  There are also thefts in all three.  As for murder, we had a Harrison resident for murdering a cab driver.  IT IS HERE ALREADY.

That's not fair against the kid. That kid never intended to kill the cab driver. He just ment to scare him. He was given too harsh a sentence for an accident. 30 years for a mistake? Jayson Williams did the same thing and got away with it. It's the taxi driver's fault for picking him up. If he never picked him up, he would still be alive today. And it didn't even happen in Harrison. It was in Kearny. Don't blame Harrison for Kearny's crimes.

Exactly how is a taxi driver supposed to know who's out to kill or just 'scare' them before the driver picks them up? Is there a survey that should be completed and reviewed before a passenger can be picked up??

Guest had enough
well if you had half of brain which you don't......why come to this site for answers? this site is for laughs only. education is not required here, besides if you were born and raised here the answers are a given.

Some people that access this site have education...yes even a Harrison education. Did you not read the person's note at the bottom of the questions. S/he was ASSIGNED Harrison, NJ. Do you think that it might possibly mean that the person is not from Harrison??? Oh that's right that would involved some brain power!

did anyone see the star ledger today 12/3/04 the real estated section has an article about Harrison. I want to know who was feeding the reporter the bulls$#*!!!!!! The article talked about the horrible school system and how the high school's breakdown of students was 44% hispanic 33% white, 18 portguese. what a crock of sh#$!!! its all hispanic.... and the Metrostars stadium coming (NOT) and the redevelopment coming (NOT), the reporter even talked about the new river walk( what along the passaic river?) its not even started yet. come on mayor and council stop blowing smoke up our taxpaying a##. why don't you just give the papers the true facts, the town is doing nothing but raising taxes!!

Archived