Media coverage

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Dear Kearny on The Web,

You complained the local media didn't cover Amaral's story too good. Um, sorry to say it, but you guys are just as much part of the media as the newspapers are these days. You get a huge audience here. So when you complain about coverge Amaral gets, think about what you could have done but didnt do, also (until the other day)

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Dear Kearny on The Web,

You complained the local media didn't cover Amaral's story too good. Um, sorry to say it, but you guys are just as much part of the media as the newspapers are these days. You get a huge audience here. So when you complain about coverge Amaral gets, think about what you could have done but didnt do, also (until the other day)

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Dear Guest:

Thanks for the compliment on being "as much part of the medias as the newspapers are these days." You are correct. The story on Amaral Auto is a compelling one. A story that deserves coverage from our local media including KOTW. You are also correct KOTW could have done more. Our article/opinion piece from the other day is the start. KOTW hopes that the other media outlets also revisit the issue with a new prospectus. After reading the Adler Petition, there appear to be major issues not being addressed by the local media and even the court. KOTW plans on covering the story in more detail in the weeks to come.

KOTW

Guest Guest
Dear Guest:

Thanks for the compliment on being "as much part of the medias as the newspapers are these days."  You are correct.  The story on Amaral Auto is a compelling one.  A story that deserves coverage from our local media including KOTW.  You are also correct KOTW could have done more.  Our article/opinion piece from the other day is the start.  KOTW hopes that the other media outlets also revisit the issue with a new prospectus.  After reading the Adler Petition, there appear to be major issues not being addressed by the local media and even the court.  KOTW plans on covering the story in more detail in the weeks to come.

KOTW

Adler and Amaral are disgruntled people who feel their properties (that they neglected and failedto improve over the years) are worth more than any reasonable person would pay. WHERE WERE THEY IN 1998 WHEN THE TOWN COUNCIL INCLUDING MR. MILAN RULED THEY WERE IN A BLIGHTED AREA IN NEED OF REDEVELOPMENT! THIS OPENNED THE DOOR FOR EMIENT DOMAINE!

IN OTHER WORDS IT'S THEIR OWN FALT, NO ONE ESLES.

Guest Guest
Adler and Amaral are disgruntled people who feel their properties (that they neglected and failedto improve over the years) are worth more than any reasonable person would pay.  WHERE WERE THEY IN 1998 WHEN THE TOWN COUNCIL INCLUDING MR. MILAN RULED THEY WERE IN A BLIGHTED AREA IN NEED OF REDEVELOPMENT! THIS OPENNED THE DOOR FOR EMIENT DOMAINE!

IN OTHER WORDS IT'S THEIR OWN FALT, NO ONE ESLES.

You make it sound like everyone who did not attend a meeting that was held nine years ago is condemned to hell, for not attending.

Is it necessary for everyone in town to attend every meeting? Most Harrisonians relied on their elected officials to look after their interests. That's what American politicians are supposed to do. It is only now people are realizing how they were betrayed by their elected officials.

We were told at that meeting that this redevelopment was going to revitalize our tax basis, and would be good for us. Well the Hotel is built and my taxes still keep going up.

Anyone who attended that "sacred meeting" nine years ago got lied to, and are only now realizing how much we waited our time nine years ago by attending that ridiculous meeting.

Most of us did realize it, some like you, are still not aware how much you got bamboozled by our elected officials.

Guest Guest

Ther were many meetings , he could of attended at lease one of them , it was in his best intrest to do so . Now it's too late and it's no ones fault but his own.

Guest Guest

Even if you went to the initial meetings, the original plan was scrapped in exchange for meeting the outside developers needs. They keep speaking about offices but the offices are on Phase 3 of the plan. After they overcrowd the town with 9000 new housing units, the offices won't be built.

After the initial meetings, the Harrison Redevelopment Agency had basically private meetings where nobody from the public could question or provide input as they did not allow individuals to voice their opinion-there was no public session so it didn't matter if you attended the meetings.

What is happening here is a land grab by connected developers in a town where the Jersey Journal has not published one article in over two weeks about what is happening. Who owns the Jersey Journal, is it a connected developer or a friend of one?

If you believe that there is no contamination in the old Crucible Steel/ Guyon complex but there is contamination at Amaral Auto, you are a true McDonough zoombie.

As far as the Red Bulls, the stadium will close. The most recent game attracted 8000 fans. How many of those got free tickets? You can't make money for the team or the town of Harrison with 8000 fans. The town taxpayers are going to foot the bill for $50 million and the Red Bulls will be out of here.

Guest Guest
As far as the Red Bulls, the stadium will close.  The most recent game attracted 8000 fans.  How many of those got free tickets?  You can't make money for the team or the town of Harrison with 8000 fans.  The town taxpayers are going to foot the bill for $50 million and the Red Bulls will be out of here.

Don't agree. Care less about what is happening, but I will say the stadium will sellout each and every game and tix will be at a premium. It will be the in thing and hot ticket in this area. And I am not a soccer fan.

Don't compare Giants stadium soccer outing to what will happen here. You might want to get your hands on some season tickets to sell.

Hey and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Guest Guest
Don't agree. Care less about what is happening, but I will say the stadium will sellout each and every game and tix will be at a premium. It will be the in thing and hot ticket in this area. And I am not a soccer fan.

Don't compare Giants stadium soccer outing to what will happen here. You might want to get your hands on some season tickets to sell.

Time, and 50 million taxpayer dollars.

Guest Guest

You don't need time to tell. You are wrong.

Guest Guest
You make it sound like everyone who did not attend a meeting that was held nine years ago is condemned to hell, for not attending. 

Is it necessary for everyone in town to attend every meeting?  Most Harrisonians relied on their elected officials to look after their interests.  That's what American politicians are supposed to do.  It is only now people are realizing how they were betrayed by their elected officials.

We were told at that meeting that this redevelopment was going to revitalize our tax basis, and would be good for us.  Well the Hotel is built and my taxes still keep going up.

Anyone who attended that "sacred meeting" nine years ago got lied to, and are only now realizing how much we waited our time nine years ago by attending that ridiculous meeting. 

Most of us did realize it, some like you, are still not aware how much you got bamboozled by our elected officials.

Sorry, you got the wrong impression (no one is condemned to hell or anywhere else). The people now screaming Amaral, Adler, etc. were notified of the meetings as were the Fernandez family. In fact everyone in the Redevelopment Area whose property was being considered WAS NOTIFIED TO ATTEND THE MEETINGS ALONG WITH ALL OUR CITIZENS WHO READ THE PUBLIC NOTICIES IN THE PAPERS.

Anyone interested was invited to attend. Amaral, Adler nor the Fernandezes attended any of the Council or Planning Board meetings. My point is simply: How can any of these three complain now when they were not interested enough then to attend meetings about their property and future???