Diaz Running For The Boe?

Guest washington school parent

I could not or would not vote for someone like Bert Diaz, who is on a personal mission. I don't think he gives a rat's patootie about the students in Kearny. His personal agenda is to get even with the BOE. Hey, I think Bert should move to Newark and run for the BOE there. Having dealt with Mr. Diaz, I find him to be more on the level of playing in a garage band then running a school or setting policies at the BOE. He is very immature and not very intelligent. Go away Mr. Diaz! I doubt you will ever be elected in Kearny, and when you lose, please don't cry the discrimination crap all over again. Your a disgrace to the education system.

Actually I know more about this topic than you think I do. Allow me to correct my choice of words- it was INTENDED as hush money. The BOE figured that if they gave Diaz his buy out, he would stay out of their hair, find a new job and leave them alone. However, Diaz took his buy out, not as hush money, but as an acceptance of what he deserved after serving the Kearny school system for roughly 20 years.

To answer your other question- Guest 99- i DO have a problem with "Big Al"- I thought I made that point very clear. Apparently it takes a little more effort to get through to some people than others...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Collateral Damage

The only reason Bert Diaz was paid (not enough) if you ask me, is because the board started with him and his family and colleagues, simply because certain Board members have issues seeing a Hispanic individual doing well. What a corrupt, uneducated, unemployed, unworldly, bigetted board! :P

Thanks Board of Kearny!

If you never involved me in your hatred of Bert, I'd still be stuck in your pathetic little white sheet town and making NO MONEY

I feel bad for the children, teachers, and parents of Kearny students

Guest COLLATERAL DAMAGE

Since I was given that name by the BOE, I'll stick with it regarding Kearny. It's been a while since I looked at KOTW as I have tried to forget what was done to me all because of my association with Bert Diaz and his wife. I am a professional and I will express myself as one. I hear Bert may be running for the Board. I hear peopke are upset about their money being spent on his $140,000. I mean this with kindness. PEOPLE OF KEARNY - you must not revote the same board. They are uneducated, and my god! so prejudiced! Can't you see?? I'm sorry that you had to pay taxes for Bert's "settlement", but YOU voted for the Board who went after him because he's Hispanic. I was sought after because I helped his wife advance educationally. I was traumatized when this all occurred. Now, I am thankful that I am NOT working for the Kearny BOE. I work elsewhere, where helping people advance educationally is looked upon favoreably and Board members don't just decide to go after me because I am "asspciated" with someone. How silly. Who suffered in the long run by getting rid of me? The CHILDREN that I helped. I may have been traumatized but i'm AOK now. I do miss the children and the staff, but my GOD! I will never miss that corrupt Board.

Ciao!

Collateral

• 1 month later...
Guest stupid tax payer

Bert has my vote and it's about time that the board was changed. Did anyone see that the state is going to investigate school construction? Maybe they should start checking the accouting practices of this board to see where the money really winds up. ;)

Guest Guest 99
Bert has my vote and it's about time that the board was changed. Did anyone see that the state is going to investigate school construction? Maybe they should start checking the accouting practices of this board to see where the money really winds up.  ;)

Yeah, time for a change. Ever notice how every time you change your underwear, it still ends up with the same old stains.

And just what school construction in Kearny are they going to investigate? ;)

Guest Possible Candidate

Come join me and run for the KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION. The ANTI-STEVENSON AND SAGAILA movement is growing everyday.The PUBLIC WILL FINALLY KNOW HOW THEY SPENT YOUR TAX MONEY. PETITIONS CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE BOARD OFFICE 100 DAVIS AVE, KEARNY (BETWEEN 9AM TO 4PM MON TO FRI) DEADLINE TO FILE IS FEBRUARY 28, 2005. THANK YOU. PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF THIS POST AND PASS THEM ON TO YOUR FRIENDS.

Bert has my vote and it's about time that the board was changed. Did anyone see that the state is going to investigate school construction? Maybe they should start checking the accouting practices of this board to see where the money really winds up.  :ph34r:

Yeah, time for a change. Ever notice how every time you change your underwear, it still ends up with the same old stains.

And just what school construction in Kearny are they going to investigate? :blink:

Are you upset about the stains in your underwear or the states investigation? Or is the investigation the reason you have stains in your underwear? Time will tell. I think it's time to pick up the phone so they know where to start looking. :angry:

Guest read the paper

the investigation the state is doing on school construction is the SCC (schools construction corp) which the state established to oversee billions of dollars the state made available for school construction. it seems the SCC is mishandling that money. it costs an avereage of 45% more for the SCC to do the construction than if the school district does it themselves. it has NOTHING to do with Kearny.

Guest read the newspaper

i'm repeating my post because the last one was not printed for some reason.

the state is investigating the SCC which stands for Schools Construction Corp. they are handling billions of dollars overseeing school construction throughout the state. apparently the SCC is not managing their duties very well because it seems that when the SCC handles the construction instead of an individual school distrct, the costs are coming in approx 45% higher . so this "investigation" has nothing to do with Kearny. the story's been all over the Star Ledger in the past two weeks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Washington School Parent

: :D I have a lot to say in this town and if I can help it Diaz will not be on boe. And I speak for most of Washinton School Parents And if he thinks he has a chance he is out of hes mined

In today's observer Diaz the former principal of washington school now says he is going to run for a seat on the boe.  He says he would be a breath of fresh air?  Is this a bad joke or what?  He had alot of support from the washington school parents back in june and when he lost his bid for principal he then has nothing more to do with us parents.  He has made accusations of coruption on the boe and they have not been proven and now he wants to become one of them?  He says that the boe wastes alot of tax money on palm scanners and other things the school system doesn't need but yet he took $140,000 settlement and went to the newark school system.  I think we wasted $140,000 paying him off when we could use this money towards our kids education.  Diaz has burned alot of bridges behind him since june and now he is hoping he can get voted in on the boe?  This should be interesting in what happens and if he gets elected.  Are there any Diaz supports left after the last fiasco?????  Love to hear the public opinion on this one! :(

Guest Guestimate
: :D  I have a lot to say in this town and if I can help it Diaz will not be on boe. And I speak for most of Washinton School Parents And if he thinks he has a chance he is out of hes mined

Just my own curiousity...were you one of the parents that fought hard to retain Bert as principal?

Archived