Diaz Running For The Boe?

Guest washington school parent

In today's observer Diaz the former principal of washington school now says he is going to run for a seat on the boe. He says he would be a breath of fresh air? Is this a bad joke or what? He had alot of support from the washington school parents back in june and when he lost his bid for principal he then has nothing more to do with us parents. He has made accusations of coruption on the boe and they have not been proven and now he wants to become one of them? He says that the boe wastes alot of tax money on palm scanners and other things the school system doesn't need but yet he took $140,000 settlement and went to the newark school system. I think we wasted $140,000 paying him off when we could use this money towards our kids education. Diaz has burned alot of bridges behind him since june and now he is hoping he can get voted in on the boe? This should be interesting in what happens and if he gets elected. Are there any Diaz supports left after the last fiasco????? Love to hear the public opinion on this one! ;)

dave, why are you so intimidated by bert diaz running against you? if you really believe what you wrote there's no need to post it here and hope that no one recognizes you. you're not a washington school parent. why pretend? if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear. but, if you've done nothing wrong, then just what was that $140,000 for?

Guest FLAM FLIM
dave, why are you so intimidated by bert diaz running against you? if you really believe what you wrote there's no need to post it here and hope that no one recognizes you. you're not a washington school parent. why pretend? if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear. but, if you've done nothing wrong, then just what was that $140,000 for?

Good point and true! The people have no idea of what goes on within the BOE. :huh:

first of all my name isn't dave and i was very active is trying to get diaz to keep his job last june............just so you know i am a women and my daughters still go to washington school. I am not intimidated by diaz running for the boe but i have to think about his agenda and why he is running. I believe that the $140,000 was his buy out to leave the kearny school system which is what he did to become a principal in newark. After his defeat at the boe in june he has snubbed all of us parents not even a thank you for our help. Not that it really matters but if the boe didn't give him tenor what is he hoping to accomplish by being elected to the board? Does he want to pay back all the ppl who didn't support him? I'm just curious about his personal agenda here. If you can't give your opinion then just say so but don't think my name is dave because you made a mistake. the least you can do is put your name or something other then "guest". My question is what are you afraid of?????

In today's observer Diaz the former principal of washington school now says he is going to run for a seat on the boe. He says he would be a breath of fresh air? Is this a bad joke or what? He had alot of support from the washington school parents back in june and when he lost his bid for principal he then has nothing more to do with us parents. He has made accusations of coruption on the boe and they have not been proven and now he wants to become one of them? He says that the boe wastes alot of tax money on palm scanners and other things the school system doesn't need but yet he took $140,000 settlement and went to the newark school system. I think we wasted $140,000 paying him off when we could use this money towards our kids education. Diaz has burned alot of bridges behind him since june and now he is hoping he can get voted in on the boe? This should be interesting in what happens and if he gets elected. Are there any Diaz supports left after the last fiasco????? Love to hear the public opinion on this one! ;)

That was hardly what I would call support from the parents and you didn't even follow up on the corruption charges. You let it die and the BOE went back to business as usual. Keep voting the same people in and see what you get. :lol::lol:

Guest guest_Guest
Bert has my vote he's the man! Time for change. :lol:

your right it is time for a change..........but why is bert looking to run now? didn't the boe just fire him in june? I think he is out to get even for what the boe did to him. and he is always talking about him and his wife why doesn't he include ms. kirschenbaum who was also fired because of her association with him. He deserted washington school to make more money in another district and now he wants our support. I would rather support mickey mouse. we need to get ppl on the boe that care about the kids and our schools not anybody who is out for their own personal gain or some kind of power struggle. These are our kids we are fighting for. Hopefully we will get ppl in the boe who will do a good job for us and get all the schools in kearny up to where they should be. can bert do the job? I think we need to know what his agenda is. So far the only thing he can talk about is those palm scanners. We need to hear more about what he is going to do for our kids. I think he just wants to get even with the boe for what they did to him. I would love to know why he did get fired. Mr. Mooney never did give the ppl a clear answer on this. I guess we will never know. :lol:

The real question is why did Mr. Mooney and the BOE feel it was necessary to pay Mr. Diaz $140,000 to leave.

I say give him a chance. He can't be much worse than what is there now.

Here's a challenge. Name one BOE member who hasn't used their position for their own personal agenda and gain. Don't forget to include your reasons.

Educators should NEVER, EVER be elected to any Board of Education...EVER!! Talk about a conflict of interest!

What's the difference, an educator couldn't possibly have more conflicts of interest than the current BOE. :rolleyes:

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

You can rest assure that Mayor Santos could play a major role in making sure Mr Stevenson gets another term on the Kearny Board of Education. LET US NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!! TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOW!!!!!!!

Guest Guest 99
You can rest assure that Mayor Santos could play a major role in making sure Mr Stevenson gets another term on the Kearny Board of Education. LET US NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!!      TIME FOR CHANGE IS NOW!!!!!!!

I thought you said the time for change was three weeks ago? Some change, huh?

It didn't happen then and it won't happen in the BOE elections either. Big Al gets what he wants and you or anyone else can't seem to stop him. :P:P:P

Answers to some questions:

1- Diaz took his buy out because he deserved it and had every right to. Both him and his wife were fired with just a few work days away from being granted tenure. Its as clear as day- someone on the BOE has a pathetic vendetta against Diaz and went after his wife as well, just to add insult to injury.

2- Mooney never provided a reason for firing Diaz because there was none. Some members of the BOE created the excuse that Washington's test scores were too low. (Do your research- Diaz actually improved test scores.)

3- Many people are wondering why Diaz is running for the BOE. Let's look at this objectively:

If Diaz wins the election- WHO will he replace? That is the answer to alot of questions and the reason for this unprincipled situation in the first place. Perhaps Diaz is simply running to rid the current BOE of it's corruption.

Guest Guest 99

1- Diaz took his buy out because he deserved it and had every right to.  Both him and his wife were fired with just a few work days away from being granted tenure. Its as clear as day- someone on the BOE has a pathetic vendetta against Diaz and went after his wife as well, just to add insult to injury.

2- Mooney never provided a reason for firing Diaz because there was none. Some members of the BOE created the excuse that Washington's test scores were too low. (Do your research- Diaz actually improved test scores.)

3- Many people are wondering why Diaz is running for the BOE. Let's look at this objectively:

If Diaz wins the election- WHO will he replace? That is the answer to alot of questions and the reason for this unprincipled situation in the first place. Perhaps Diaz is simply running to rid the current BOE of it's corruption.

Your reasoning is pure speculation:

1. Was there a vendetta or was there a reason to fire him that would cause embarrassment in public? If you are not on the BOE or a Diaz confidant, you don't know.

2. See answer 1.

3. Only he and his close friends know for sure.

He has the right to run and let the voters decide.

Guest Mr. Sarcasm

1- Diaz took his buy out because he deserved it and had every right to.  Both him and his wife were fired with just a few work days away from being granted tenure. Its as clear as day- someone on the BOE has a pathetic vendetta against Diaz and went after his wife as well, just to add insult to injury.

1. Was there a vendetta or was there a reason to fire him that would cause embarrassment in public? If you are not on the BOE or a Diaz confidant, you don't know.

2. See answer 1.

you sir, don't know what you're talking about. what was mooney's reason for firing diaz? i'll tell you because i was there at the meeting (which you obviously weren't). mooney stated that diaz's actions following not being granted tenure (same as firing) caused him to not recommend him the second time. that's the reason - as weak as it is. diaz didn't react "properly" after being fired, so he was REALLY fired the second time. who caused the problem of diaz not reacting properly? the boe for not following mooney's recommendation and keeping diaz. so let's recap.

mooney says to the boe - "i want to keep diaz as principal - he's the done a good job."

the boe says to mooney - "no, mr. mooney fire him."

diaz (for some strange reason) is displeased with this turn of events.

the boe decides to take a second look at it and calls for a second vote on mooney's recommendation.

mooney then says the boe - "you know what, diaz was displeased the last time you fired him for some strange reason. i don't like that. please don't re-hire him."

without a supt's recommendation the boe can't vote.

is this all legal? probably not. what should the boe do? how about we pay diaz to not sue! that solves everything. what the hell, it's only tax money and we have plenty of that. everyone's happy (poor, broke and eating dog food because they can't afford food, but still happy!) what a wonderful boe and administration we have! they make everyone happy. as Guest99 will tell you - they are the greatest bunch o' fellas and gals we ever had!

i'm being sarcastic.

vote for change. please

Guest Truth be known

2. See answer 1.

You speak of public embarrassment. Well, if that was the case the entire Board should resign. Kids don't have books and you buy people out because you would be embarrassed, please!! Diaz was a stone in their collective shoe and they wanted him gone. But guess what, he's back and regardless of his motivations for running you deserve it if he wins. The Board is bogus and all about self service. Remember mighty board Diaz knows where some of the bodies are buried and that should make for an interesting Campaign. Have fun Board you made your bed. Good night Kearny tax payers.......... :lol:

Its comforting to know that some people of Kearny have enough common sense to support Diaz. As for the rest of you, its time to open your eyes and see the corruption that surrounds you. Kearny's own mayor is behind the disreputable

acts of the BOE. Don't see the connection yet? Its no secret that Mary Torres, Pres of the BOE, is Santos' assistant. This makes Santos a puppet master, controlling Torres like a puppet on a string. Still having a hard time believing Santos is in on it? Well take into consideration that this isn't the first time that he used tax money to clean his dirty laundry. Phil Martone, director of Kearny recreation, found himself in the same predicetment as Diaz- fired based on unmerited rumors. Martone and Diaz were both paid off with Kearny's tax money. If they were, in fact guilty, why were their cases settled so quickly, and why was Santos so quick to offer them money? Perhaps hush money to keep illegal activities out of public speculation? How many more times will Santos use Kearny tax dollars to cover up his messes? If you're having trouble believing this information, wait until February and see if your taxes go up- will that be enough proof?

However, I'm sure Diaz already cashed his check, and anyone who knows him can be rest assured that he will not let this issue die. After all, what has he got to lose?

The "honorable" (and I use that term loosely) Mayor Santos and his sidekick Mary Torres along with the entire Board of Ed made a huge mistake by involving Diaz. Although I can't guarantee Diaz will win the election, I can promise that Santos will be squirming when certain "things" come out of the closet (pun intended).

Guest Guest 99

Quote," However, I'm sure Diaz already cashed his check, and anyone who knows him can be rest assured that he will not let this issue die." If what you assume is true; that Diaz took hush money; then he is a major player in the corruption. Yet your common sense tells you to support him?

As to the Martone case, it was determined at the hearing that he did say what he was accused of, but the punishment was too severe. And, it had nothing to do with the Mayor, but rather the Town Administrator. All Phil got was the back pay for the time he was off the job.

Guest Guest 99
It was definitely not hush money- if it was, Diaz wouldn't be working at uncovering the corruption surrounding the members of the BOE and the mayor...Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought hush money is intended to keep one quiet, and Diaz will NOT keep quiet- I can promise you that

In your second post you were the first one to call it hush money. Do you really know what you're talking about or just ranting because you have a problem with Big Al?

Archived