Mangin for Mayor!

Guest TownHallKid

Guest Paul Drake
So what you're saying is there should have been a line item in the budget for those years titled, " Maybe PD & FD Salary Increase Money- $200,000". Well, that just can't be done. You can not budget this year for what you MAY have to pay three years down the road. There are rules to the budgetary process you know.

And what difference would it make? The end result would still be that the taxpayers would have to come up with the $600,000. If you reread my first post on the topic you will get a full explanation.

You may want to rephrase this Perry.

You can not budget this year for what you MAY have to pay three years down the road. There are rules to the budgetary process you know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
So what you're saying is there should have been a line item in the budget for those years titled, " Maybe PD & FD Salary Increase Money- $200,000". Well, that just can't be done. You can not budget this year for what you MAY have to pay three years down the road. There are rules to the budgetary process you know.

And what difference would it make? The end result would still be that the taxpayers would have to come up with the $600,000. If you reread my first post on the topic you will get a full explanation.

Actually Ron, the town is Required to put aside monies (by state Law) into an escrow account precisely so they DONT get bankrupted by Retro pay. MOST towns look at the average award given the previous year by arbitrators, and put that aside. Kearny has NEVER done that..and as always since this IS hudson County their ignoring State law just goes unnoticed.

Actually, it's Berkeley Township, with all the other retired folks,  but you're close enough. That was a good one, though, "mr santos really does like you. In Toms river that is....". It's good to know I'm missed (not).

Well, I'd like to continue this banter, but we're off the the beach to give the dogs a good run and get an early start on our tans before all you Bennies invade the area.  Have a great day at work up there.  :rolleyes:

Just be careful you don't get to much sun ok Ron. How ever what Jim is saying is the town is not being managed properly. D'Arco is going down the hit list the Mayor gave him and the council is scared shitless to say anything that will upset the boy king for fear of a primary. So how can the business of the Town be done. See the key word here is taxes. They keep going up. Now they have a comptrollers position to keep an eye on spending, that's funny. Let's see what happens. My guess is you'll still get a tax increase.

There is no maybe about it. They -- and you -- know full well that the police & fire departments are going to get a raise. And I am sure there is a way to set up an escrow type account for that money.

What difference would it make? If they haven't budgeted for the retro raises where does the money come from?

Guest Guest
There is no maybe about it.  They -- and you -- know full well that the police & fire departments are going to get a raise.  And I am sure there is a way to set up an escrow type account for that money.

What difference would it make?  If they haven't budgeted for the retro raises where does the money come from?

OK Ron It's your turn, what say you sir?

Guest Guest
If that was the case why is he the Mayor. People don't run for these positions for the six thousand a year. Maybe he wasn't that good at the practice of Law. But he has secured the position of clerk to the free holders. So what has he done? I know your taxes have gone up every year since the Mayor has been in office and now he is padding his pension with the second position of clerk. Seems he has done more for Alberto.  Think!

Hey get this, now the mayor gets to pad his pension with each marrige he performs. I wonder if he includes the tip. This is a real joke, that's part of his job as the mayor. Come on Jim we need you now more then ever.

OK Ron It's your turn, what say you sir?

What can I say???

Well, I just got back from some surf fishing and the bluefish are in at around 8-12 pounds and lot of small bass are hitting on clams at Island Beach State Park.

By the way, they just took all the winter barriers away from exit 82 so all you bennies can come on down for the holiday weekend. Great weather, great beaches and the boardwalk. Don't forget to bring your money. LOL

Dont mind strife...hes a "Northern NJ Friendly Mousie", and he needs help and cuddles.

I don't mind him. In fact I find most of his posts amusing, especially the inept attempts at being an intellect. I do feel, though, that his overwhelming adoration of Paul, as a desire to be Paul, shows deep rooted issues as yet unresolved.

Guest Blind Faith
Then what's the justification for singling Santos out? And who's to say that if someone else was elected mayor, they wouldn't do the same?

He is always saying how pensions are a major cost factor and a burden on the town buget, plus the news papers are loaded with accounts of officals double dipping to pad their pension. I just find it some what hypocritical on his part. I would think a man his age would have chosen to remain in the private sector and reap those big bucks. But as it stands he seems more concerned with petty padding and jobs with the county, along with all the perks on the tax payers dime. Yea he's a real stand up guy. Now, the next time you see him I want you to ask him when was the last time he paid for gas?

Guest Guest
He is always saying how pensions are a major cost factor and a burden on the town buget, plus the news papers are loaded with accounts of officals double dipping to pad their pension. I just find it some what hypocritical on his part. I would think a man his age would have chosen to remain in the private sector and reap those big bucks. But as it stands he seems more concerned with petty padding and jobs with the county, along with all the perks on the tax payers dime. Yea he's a real stand up guy. Now, the next time you see him I want you to ask him when was the last time he paid for gas?

good point. why does santos need a car for that job?

Again: who's to say that if someone else was elected mayor, they wouldn't do the same?

Also, if Santos was really after money, I'm not seeing the logic in continuing to (want to) be mayor and doing all of this alleged 'padding,' instead of simply going back to the much more lucrative job he had before he was mayor. Maybe someone could explain that to me.

Guest Guest
Again: who's to say that if someone else was elected mayor, they wouldn't do the same?

Also, if Santos was really after money, I'm not seeing the logic in continuing to (want to) be mayor, instead of going back to the much more lucrative job he had before he was mayor. Maybe someone could explain that to me.

Practicing law is far more time consuming and stressful than being the Mayor of Kearny and Clerk to the Freeholders. Santos left private practice because he didn't like practicing law. He made statements about Hudson County and now he's a part of them. The money, free car and gas have made him a hypocrite.

Every time I fill up my car at $3.00+ per gallon, I remember I'm paying for Al Santos' and Al Cifelli's car, insurance, & gas. Why is that?

Guest Guest
You're seriously suggesting that gas isn't $3+ outside of Kearny? Please.

No. What I'm saying is that Al Santos and Al Cifelli don't pay for gas (and insurance and a car payment) while the rest of us do. Is that clear now?

typical lawyer response. twist it around. such an ass.

Excuse me? Care to tell me how else this should be interpreted?

"Every time I fill up my car at $3.00+ per gallon, I remember I'm paying for Al Santos' and Al Cifelli's car, insurance, & gas."

This is (intentional or not) a strong implication that the gas prices are as high as they are because they're paying for personal expenses of Santos's and Cifelli's.

To you I say:

'typical moron response. ignore/evade and ad hom. such an ass.'