Hard Working Firefighters

Guest Guest

Guest John Q. Citizen

As a retired member of the HFD , I wonder what all this animosity between the HPD and HFD is all about. When I was on the job, we were all friends, we even played softball together. Of course there were always petty differences, but we all respected one another, and we all acted like adults.

When I came on the job, we (PD & FD) were all town residents and we had all gone through school together, so we all knew one another as kids.

I realize it's different today, you all come from different backgrounds and don't have a history together.

But does that explain all this mean-spirited venom that continually spews from your mouths, or is there just a lower class of people being appointed to the job today ? Whatever the reason, it's too bad that it's come to this.

whens the last time you saw a fire blotter in the paper i only see police blotters inpaper because we must constantly tell ourselves how brave we are when we give out tickets

The HFD(HCD) Harrison Coward Dept. should really just shut-up. Now that the alleged "re-development" has fallen out and there is no more property to sell or mortgage, they are gonna have to make cuts somewhere. The FD is the largest dept. in town that has the most who DO NOT LIVE IN TOWN as well as the least needed. It also is the towns biggest drain on the taxpayers. The Mayor should start cutting now if he wants to keep control. The large Hispanic population will run someone against him and just might surprise him. The state is sick of bailing out Losertown, USA. They should either demote 90% to the rank of fireman or just start making the cuts.

i have lived in town most of my life and i cant believe the fire and police would talk about each other that way. i think you both have been had by someone who has been writing articles against you both the police and fire are both needed in this town you both do a super job

• 1 month later...
i have lived in town most of my life and i cant believe the fire and police would talk about each other that way. i think you both have been had by someone who has been writing articles against you both the police and fire are both needed in this town you both do a super job

AMEN!

Archived