Todays Obseverr

Guest Guest

Did anyone see Santos's letter to the editor along with his 2 puppets. Santos says those people who trashed him last week were motivated by politics and fiancial gain. I don't think so. I think it was the old condoms and used tampons floating through their homes. I dont blame those people for being pissed. Santos, Sherry, and Pettigrew all think there **** dont stink.

I had seen the response from Mayor Santos -- but I can't help but wonder why he, the mayor did not respond to this issue of flooding as fast as he replied to the article posted in paper! Such a rapid firing-back at those who posted the article, clearly could indicate a question of quilt! Surely none of those on the board would not care for such items being washed into their homes! Funny when it involves, others it is of no importance!

Did anyone see Santos's letter to the editor along with his 2 puppets. Santos says those people who trashed him last week were motivated by politics and fiancial gain. I don't think so. I think it was the old condoms and used tampons floating through their homes. I dont blame those people for being pissed. Santos, Sherry, and Pettigrew all think there **** dont stink.

This is an appalling way to live! Honestly, I'd be angry not just for that ... but the resulting lowering property values from such a dilemma! Start thinking 'long-term' and get your head out from the proverbial trough and do something to correct this otherwise with all the development in Kearny it's only a matter of time before many more residents will be suffering same! Let's not try squeezing 80 million gallons of storm and sewerage into a one gallon bottle!

santos and company have done nothing about anything! except take care of Pettigrew's son, Doyle's husband, Sherry's grandson, Torres's mother, etc. how do they do it? the answer is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. santos has $30,000 in his campaign account for mayor in 2005 and another $35,000 in a campaign account for senate in 2007. where did he get all this money from????? well, he did say he's been talking to walmart for over a year now. HMMMMMMMMM.

Guest Puzzled
santos and company have done nothing about anything! except take care of Pettigrew's son, Doyle's husband, Sherry's grandson, Torres's mother, etc. how do they do it? the answer is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. santos has $30,000 in his campaign account for mayor in 2005 and another $35,000 in a campaign account for senate in 2007. where did he get all this money from????? well, he did say he's been talking to walmart for over a year now. HMMMMMMMMM.

Knew about Pettigrew's son, and Doyle/s husband, but what do you mean by taking care of Sherry's grandson and Torres's mother?

Guest julie ryan

have attended a mayor and council meeting were residents spoke about sewage in their basements.doyle stated the town is bending over backwards four year time span is not bending over backwards!!!!

its seems to me the residents have been fighting this problem by themselves.

:blink:

Guest Julie Lambert

On Sept. 14, 2004, I attended a mayor and council meeting in which residents spoke regarding the raw sewage entering their basements. Doyle stated the town has bent over backwards ... letting residents live in unhealthy conditions for years is not bending over backwards. It seems to me the residents have taken this nightmare into their own hands. Residents requested Mayor Santos to send a letter out to the state the mayor refused, instead, indicating "he does not have to create a paper trail. Mayor Santos, if you are so concerned your letters, calls and meetings are four years to late! Doyle stated to the residents this town has other problems does she get it these people are living in contaminated homes! :blink:

Santos's response states living on a hill causes water flow to move down the hill rapidly, many residents have experienced flooding, if the combined lines were separated these poor people would not have to live in the conditions they do. My heart goes out to these residents who have had to live this way and to you Mayor good luck in your re-election. How could a Mayor allow these people to live this way. Cigarettes and alcohol are hazardous to your health, I think in this case, Mayor you are the hazard.

It's great the way you all jump on the bandwagon when something like this comes up. If the council had to raise taxes on you to pay for this project you'd all be complaining about that. Fact is these people knew they were in a flood plain when they bought their houses at a good price. Now they want letters sent out by the Mayor so there is a paper trail when they sue the town (YOU).

If the water and waste is backing up their drains why didn't they simply install check valves which allow water to flow one way but not the other.

Santos's response states living on a hill causes water flow to move down the hill rapidly, many residents have experienced flooding, if the combined lines were separated these poor people would not have to live in the conditions they do. My heart goes out to these residents who have had to live this way and to you Mayor good luck in your re-election. How could a Mayor allow these people to live this way. Cigarettes and alcohol are hazardous to your health, I think in this case, Mayor you are the hazard.

Please! Sealed "Cesspit Tanks" could be installed in each of the homes effected by flooding waters that infiltrate these homes through the street drains for under 7000 dollars per home parts and labor . These tanks for 1100 gallons are under two thousand dollars each. The Town would have to install these tanks that could be installed either in the basements or under the front lawns of the contaminated homes. The pipe which now flows sewarge from the homes to the street could be connected to the inlet side of the Cesspit tank and the exhaust could either be blocked or a 6 or 8 inch ball valve could be installed to be opened by the home owner or Town employee twice a month when there is no rain or since the Town has a vac all truck the newly installed Cesspit tanks could remain sealed and emptied by DPW on regular intervals

Guest kathleen deray/virginia kennedy

TO THE RESPONSE DATED OCT. 12, 2004 please let us inform you on the facts of this matter. First property taxes would NEVER have to be raised, the MAYOR, could have included the pumping station in the 11 million dollar loan they applied for. This is a low interest loan. We ARE NOT in a FLOOD ZONE...........WE live on streets were the sewer lines are suppose to be separated. LOOK AT THE TOWN MAP......

LIGATION WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN started if our problem was corrected..As for check valves, WE HAVE INSTALLED THEM AND THE PRESSURE IS SO GREAT THEY BREAK....We HAVE ALSO INSTALLED GATE VALVES AND SUMP PUMPS. PLEASE let us give you the correct information.

It's great the way you all jump on the bandwagon when something like this comes up. If the council had to raise taxes on you to pay for this project you'd all be complaining about that. Fact is these people knew they were in a flood plain when they bought their houses at a good price. Now they want letters sent out by the Mayor so there is a paper trail when they sue the town (YOU).

If the water and waste is backing up their drains why didn't they simply install check valves which allow water to flow one way but not the other.

they can raise my taxes to fix these poor folks homes. i feel sorry for them. and their problem lowers my property values. honestly, why hasn't anything been done to help them? its a disgrace. most of the council members seem like nice people. but this mayor and those two from the 2 ward ought to be ashamed of themselves. i'm sick for these poor people. god bless them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Damn this foolishness!

TOWN OFFICIALS: As a professional grouch, this town's mayor is being so partial to his own kind! As sickening as it may sound, MOST in the town are fully aware of same - though they'd never admit same! I for one, am tired of big money hungry, pocket filling politicians blaming others for what they perceive as right - particularly this administration!

The flooding issues of this dump-like community, the bringing on of big business causing further worse congestion and whatever else is ridiculous! The terrain in the projected region those so called experts consider ideal is NOT, without other major changes a money hungry pocket filling undertaking, [as anyone with

a brain the size of a pea] would know! So to those claiming to better improve KEARNY, I say simply: 'knock it off! and think of the residents, not your pockets,

mortgages, built in pools showing off, etc!

Now, to those affected by an ever so incompetent engineer as well as officials ... I can say only this: "continue your quest!" I know if had it been I, I'd NEVER allow those gluten's to push me ... after all, they had best remember by whom they were elected to make themselves want-be big shots they believe they are!! Grow up and do you jobs!!

In closing, I'd add "this is bunch of want-to-be upper echelon wanna-be's! So consider this: "if their brains were fuel they would have enough to drive simple kiddy kart around a BB!" Further proof of the aforementioned posted here is evident with fire department and police! ENOUGH SAID!!!

Guest Be real.... GEEZ!

TOWN OFFICIALS:

As a professional grouch, this town's mayor is being so partial to his own kind BUT THEN AREN'T ALL! As sickening as it may sound, MOST in the town are fully aware of same - though they'd never admit it! I for one, am tired of money hungry, pocket filling politicians who blame others for what they perceive as their job! Especially this administration! Eventually those also in low-lying regions WILL suffer the same!

The flooding issues within this dump-like community and bringing on of big business causing worsening congestion not to mention additional flooding concerns is just ridiculous! The terrain in Kearny, namely the projected region is absurd will never help the Schuyler avenue section with development! Does no one in this town realize that? Think of this FACT, you so-called expert(s) the Army Corp of Engineers could not correct this issue given the selfishness of the town's administers responsible for such a decision to further develop these areas!

Water will always seek its level! That's the law of physics! Compare that to inserting an object into a container near full then see where the water goes! If not for the money hungry, pocket filling undertaking going on here, [as anyone with a brain the size of a pea] could understand, it's nothing more pending trouble! So to those claiming to better improve KEARNY, I say 'do your jobs and just knock it off! And think of the residents, not your D*** pockets, mortgages, swimming pools and showing off!

TO THOSE AFFECTED BY CURRENT FLOODING:

An ever so incompetent engineer and officials and they know who they are, I can say only this: "fight the money machine greedy elected official ******s!

I for one, wish you or at least one of those fighting this so aggressively would run for Mayor! I know had it been myself! I'd NEVER allow those CASH HOGS to push me no further than they are trying!!! After all, they should remember how they got elected to make themselves nothing other than "want-be big shots". So to this joke of a council, please grow up do your jobs and be responsible!

I'd like also to mention the bunch of want-to-be upper echelon idiots should think of the if your brains were fuel they would not have enough to drive a kid's art around a simple BB! More proof is evident by what is and has been going on with regard to both fire and police departments in this town! I strongly suggest all, not yet affected, if nothing else give serious thought to a looming though certain problem for themselves in future! Could there have been benefits of the Wal-Mart negotiations? I can never prove it however, know this, it is a thought to ponder for you sake, not mine!

POINT MADE!

Rick S - Kearny Res.,

Someone who knows more than I can post here!

Many thanks to those person(s) responsible for this site allowing those to post their thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dirty Politics

As this and past mayors allow such filth into the homes of some into homes of residents in the town but opts to stand by doing nothing [among other dirty gaming issues] other then fill their pockets and provide favors for a select few I say no more!

As such, future mayor of Kearny, I will do more for the people of this town, than has any other mayor in the history of Kearny, NJ! Let's get these people out of office next election!

We need our Police, fire departments not to forget our DPW! These are individuals are worthy of respect and recognition ... and that I vow will be done!

The next mayor of Kearny, NJ, a new and better Kearny looms for all!

• 1 month later...

Councilwoman Sherry needs a reality check! I think she should just resign *** ***** **** ** *** *** ****** *******. She can not help run a town when she can't even control her own *******. *** ***** ***** ** *** ******** **** *** ******* ******* *** *** *** ** *** ********. ****** ** **** ******* **** ****** ***** ****** *** **** ** ***** ****** We have a bunch of morons running this town. They are more concerned with lining their pockets than helping the residents of this town. They should have raw sewerage running into their homes. Oh wait, the mayor doesn't really even live in town, he's down neck with his "friend".

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Councilwoman Barbara Sherry

I haven't checked out KOTW for quite some time; however someone brought to my attention a posting of Dec. 9th calling for my resignation. First let me respond to that request: not in your lifetime; it'll be a cold day in hell; the chances are slim and none. Do I make myself clear? The anonymous cowardly weasel goes on to say that I need a "reality check". I have raised seven children and am the proud grandmother of twelve. My family has encountered just about every "reality" in existence. I watched my father die of Leukemia and my husband of cancer that ravaged his entire body. I have a daughter who wages a daily battle as a recovering heroin addict. Like every family in this town, we have lived through a variety of family crises from divorce to single parenting. And my constituents knew everything about me BEFORE they voted for me---I made sure they knew because they had a right to know that my life experience is not unlike their own.

I really wish that the posting was not "edited for content" because there is nothing new to disclose about me or my family. (Sorry I beat the gossips to the punch by revealing all my "secrets" myself.) Futhermore, to my knowledge, neither I nor any of my colleagues have ever accepted a bribe or an illegal campaign contribution. In fact there are some months when it actually costs me money to be a councilmember. It is absolutely laughable to think that any current member of the council is in this for the money.

If you truly believe what you write, be a grown -up and sign your name.

I haven't checked out KOTW for quite some time; however someone brought to my attention a posting of Dec. 9th calling for my resignation. First let me respond to that request: not in your lifetime; it'll be a cold day in hell; the chances are slim and none. Do I make myself clear? The anonymous cowardly weasel goes on to say that I need a "reality check". I have raised seven children and am the proud grandmother of twelve. My family has encountered just about every "reality" in existence. I watched my father die of Leukemia and my husband of cancer that ravaged his entire body. I have a daughter who wages a daily battle as a recovering heroin addict. Like every family in this town, we have lived through a variety of family crises from divorce to single parenting. And my constituents knew everything about me BEFORE they voted for me---I made sure they knew because they had a right to know that my life experience is not unlike their own.

I really wish that the posting was not "edited for content" because there is nothing new to disclose about me or my family. (Sorry I beat the gossips to the punch by revealing all my "secrets" myself.) Futhermore, to my knowledge, neither I nor any of my colleagues have ever accepted a bribe or an illegal campaign contribution. In fact there are some months when it actually costs me money to be a councilmember. It is absolutely laughable to think that any current member of the council is in this for the money.

If you truly believe what you write, be a grown -up and sign your name.

Yea give your name. The powers to be will only falsify another affidvit to the judge and get a subpeona to find out who you are anyway.

Guest Councilwoman Barbara Sherry

Mac,

Re: your posting of 1/1/05: What drivel (that's a nice term for bull****). You know paranoia is one of the first signs of insanity; but you'll be alright as soon as everybody stops plotting against you. Poor baby!

Mac,

Re: your posting of 1/1/05: What drivel (that's a nice term for bull****). You know paranoia is one of the first signs of insanity; but you'll be alright as soon as everybody stops plotting against you. Poor baby!

Sticks and stones darling! Even Freud said its better to be paranoid then angry

Guest Dr. Idego
Mac,

Re: your posting of 1/1/05: What drivel (that's a nice term for bull****). You know paranoia is one of the first signs of insanity; but you'll be alright as soon as everybody stops plotting against you.  Poor baby!

Sticks and stones darling! Even Freud said its better to be paranoid then angry

Tsk,tsk,tsk. Sigmund said nothing of the kind. What he did say was that anger was only one step above paranoia. Hardly a glowing endorsement for your malady.

Archived